Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:37:56 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Hypnotizing Mirror Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hypnotizing Mirror Movie  (Read 11175 times)
Melanie
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:04:22 PM »

I saw this movie around the early 90's and I have no idea what it was called.  Someone referred me to this message board, so hopefully someone can help. 

This particular movie was about this unattractive and unpopular girl in highschool.  I remember her being a dirty blonde with horrible acne.  She couldn't get guys attention and was teased by all the popular girls.  Somehow, she got this mirror that when she shone it into any guy's eyes, she could mind control them.  She got all these different boys to like her, then she would kill them.  Another scene I remember is her making this guy (after she had "used" him) lie on a table saw. 

Anyone see this movie?
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:43:37 AM »

I haven't seen it but it could very well be "Mirror, Mirror." (Released in 1990.)
Here's the IMDB page for the original: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100156/
This film stars Karen Black and the recently deceased Yvonne de Carlo.  Bluesad
Lemme know if that's the one.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »

You might actually be thinking of an episode of "Friday the 13th: The Series", which had pretty much the same scenario you described. The mirror was a gold compact mirror, and the girl had a protective older sister. At the end of the episode, the girl uses the mirror to steal her sister's boyfriend, and the two go to the prom together. At the end, the girl and the boyfriend jump off the school roof and fall to their deaths. Ring any bells?

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »

Fausto's lead looks like a good one.  "Mirror Mirror" does not match well:  the mirror is a full length one in the girl's bedroom and she does not shine it in people's eyes, instead she draws the power from it that causes bad things to happen to her enemies.  Also, the girl dresses more like a poor man's Lydia (from Beetlejuice).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »

I agree with Andrew, it is diffinitely not "Mirror, Mirror".   I could be the Friday the 13th episode.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »

http://members.aol.com/Fri13Hour/vanity.html

This is a review of the episode I was talking about. It even mentions the part about the table saw.

I did a review of the series as a whole, which I hope to have posted in the main bad movies section by tomorrow. Smile
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:03:38 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »

Dang! Was never a big fan of Friday the 13th: the Series. In fact, I've only seen a handful of episodes, so I'm definitely out of my league on this one. Thanks for the input guys!  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Melanie
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 11:37:54 PM »

Ah, thank you.  I think it's the Vanity's Mirror.  Actually, pretty sure it is.  I've been trying to figure this out for years! 
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »

It is "Vanity's Mirror." I remember, because of that bit of one of the boys being pushed backwards and hitting his head on a table saw, one of the more memorable deaths on "Friday the 13th: the Series." And "Vanity Mirror," if it is not my favorite episode of the series, is one of my favorites. A much underrated television series (IMHO.)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Hypnotizing Mirror Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.