Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:21:41 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fidel Castro in grave condition « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fidel Castro in grave condition  (Read 6143 times)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 15, 2007, 11:47:19 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070116/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/spain_cuba_castro

Poor Castro is speculated to have cancer, intestinal bleeding, a disease, or something. He's pretty beaten up whatever the correct diagnosis is. Which is a shame. I respect and believe in Castro. I believe in his desire to keep Cuba free from the globalization, from the McWorld that has invaded so many other cultures and to maintain its culture and heritage. Castro made a few mistakes, such as allowing USSR missles into his country and prompting the Missle Crisis that brought the world to a hush. Of course on the other end of the spectrum, Kennedy did promote The Bay of Pigs which was just as huge a mistake.

I sincerely hope that when Castro dies, American business and culture does not begin pouring in. I hope Castro's brother can keep up with what Castro began and that for generations afterwards nothing changes seriously. I hope America lifts its embargo on Cuba because the embargo is a relic of bygone years, and I hope people respect Cuba for being what it is.

What do you think?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:25:39 AM »

Man.... he's trying to outlast General Francisco Franco! Go Fidel Go!  Wink

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:41:38 AM »

When he dies, should we give the CIA credit for the kill due to some long range assassination plot hidden by al the other preposterous ones that failed?

Raul's waited a long time here's his chance to shine.

But seriously I hope the country doesn't fall apart, it's in enough trouble as it is. The embargo was a failure, it earned us ill will in the world and just made Castro and the people dig in their heels and depend on the Soviets even more during the Cold War. I've read Raul is expected to make overtures to opening relations with the USwithout just opening the gates to rapid capitalist exploitation. Wonder if he'd be as close to Chavez and Fidel was, since Chavez was channeling so much oil revenue to Cuba. I know my state (Alabama) has become a major trading partner with Cuba in agricultural supplies equipment and foodstuffs exempted from the embargo.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Masked_Maverick
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:03:39 AM »

Looks like God is taking care of soemthing that neither the Bay of Pigs nor Coleman Francis could do. Yes first out the gate with the obscure Red Zone Cuba referance    TeddyR. But seriously I would not be surprised if he dies soon.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:05:29 AM by Masked_Maverick » Logged
BTM

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070116/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/spain_cuba_castro
Which is a shame. I respect and believe in Castro. I believe in his desire to keep Cuba free from the globalization, from the McWorld that has invaded so many other cultures and to maintain its culture and heritage.
I sincerely hope that when Castro dies, American business and culture does not begin pouring in. I hope Castro's brother can keep up with what Castro began and that for generations afterwards nothing changes seriously. I hope America lifts its embargo on Cuba because the embargo is a relic of bygone years, and I hope people respect Cuba for being what it is.
What do you think?

Please tell me you're kidding.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »

Fidel Castro was a communist despot.  He is responsible for the suffering of the cuban people.  He ruled over Cuba in total denial of his country's problems.  Its because of him that hundreds of cubans make it to Florida's shores.

I don't think he will be back to ruling Cuba again.  I think that his illness is caused by over 40 years of stress and hypertension.  Ruling a country takes a lot from a man.  I have my doubts as to whether he will make it past 2007.  Most people his age don't have it good.  They cannot get back to ruling a country.  Pretty soon, the Cuban immigrant community here will be celebrating Castro's passing.  After he passes, all that leaves is Raoul.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »

Fidel Castro was a communist despot.  He is responsible for the suffering of the cuban people.  He ruled over Cuba in total denial of his country's problems.  Its because of him that hundreds of cubans make it to Florida's shores.

I don't think he will be back to ruling Cuba again.  I think that his illness is caused by over 40 years of stress and hypertension.  Ruling a country takes a lot from a man.  I have my doubts as to whether he will make it past 2007.  Most people his age don't have it good.  They cannot get back to ruling a country.  Pretty soon, the Cuban immigrant community here will be celebrating Castro's passing.  After he passes, all that leaves is Raoul.

It is interesting to think of Cuba.  I think they would be worse off now if the revolutionaries hadn't taken over the country and held it.  He did introduce a number of good changes, like producing the best medical system in Latin or South America - -with state provided health care at that.  They are the healthiest people in the region. 

However, I think they would probably be still better off if Castro had voluntarily left power and introduced democracy as he promised he would way back when. 

When Castro dies and Raoul takes power, what then?  Raul is also elderly.  Who comes after him?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fidel Castro in grave condition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.