Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:40:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Lost Boys 2?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lost Boys 2?!  (Read 12873 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: January 16, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »

Yup, apparently "Lost Boys 2" is getting made. This time the vamps will be wave-thrashing surfer dudes, so it already sounds terrible. Expect it to come straight to DVD later this year....
Sigh.... are they even TRYING to make good sequels anymore?

(Cheap plug, read about this crappy movie news and more in my latest post at the "It Came from the Vault Forums.")

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »

repeat after me...

AT LEAST - IT'S NOT - A REMAKE TeddyR

This time the vamps will be wave-thrashing surfer dudes
wh-? Did the guys in that one scene in the original get turned? How would that work anyway?

Expect it to come straight to DVD later this year....
Comon! We haven't seen a good 'ol DTV-sequel-of-a-decades-old-movie since the early 90's! "At least it won't be considered canon or anything that way!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:12:39 AM »

Wouldn't they give themselves away by being the only surfers who don't go out during the day? Night surfing might not be a problem for vampires, but the lack of a tan would hurt their chances of luring in the lady victims.

Maybe they'll rob bank night deposits to finance their activities and Keanu Reeves and the ghost of Gary Busey have to track them down. Oops, wrong movie.

Or is it all a charity fundraiser for the the two Coreys? The producers should try to get them to be in it, their asking prices these days could probably be covered from the production's petty cash fund.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »

are they even TRYING to make good sequels anymore?

They're trying to squeeze every last dime out of a profitable franchise, because hollywood has started to run out of ideas and is trying to profit from its past like a snake eating its own tail. People say that the age of bad movies is ending, when in truth its just beginning....

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:05:14 AM »

Eh, remakes and cheap sequels/ripoffs have always been around, and always will be. I always try to remember when I get p**sed off about them that the 80s Richard Pryor/ John Candy flick Brewster's Millions was apparently the seventh version of that story. Just like they keep remaking The Four Feathers, even the Korda brothers who made the excellent 1939 version recycled footage from it to make another version in the 50s.

They can be annoying, seeing a sequel to Undisputed with different actors at the video store last night was pretty surprising, a movie I'd almost bet even Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames have forgotten by now they made. That means it must have made money at some point in the life cycle of the film for someone to use the name. I'd just like to know where: on video? on TV? (it doesn't turn up much there) overseas? But 20 years for a Lost Boys followup is almost funny.

Even great authors crank out sequels/retreads when they see a buck in it. Twain did it, Alexandre Dumas did it. Verne did it. Maybe J D Salinger has some among all the unreleased stuff he's reputed to sitting on.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:16:31 AM »

So, I take it, the original idea for a sequel to "The Lost Boys," "The Lost Girls," is not going to be made into a film.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

You never know. If "Lost Boys 2" proves to be a good seller, we may just end up seeing a "Lost Girls" movie.... or a "Lost Boys Meet The Lost Girls" crossover. lol.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »

The lost boys is one of my all time favorite movies...I really hope they dont just flush this down the toilet. With a little imigination this could be decent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »

i guess they ditched lost girls, wich isnt so bad cause i would want them to 80's punkers like the original, and hollywood would prolly give us britney clones with fangs overall f**kin drag of a movie. sufer dude vamps.............cmon, stop it. horror cinema latley makes me wanna jump off a cliff.

i got a great idea we'll take a well known name and make a remake/sequel/prequel/reimagining that totally sucks ass but everyone will be drawn in by the title! ADVERTISING GENIUS
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Lost Boys 2?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.