Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:46:57 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cast Your B-Movie Re-Makes Here! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cast Your B-Movie Re-Makes Here!  (Read 1329 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: January 17, 2007, 12:23:16 PM »

It's one thing to criticize others work from the safety of an armchair quite another to offer up our own work for critique.  To that end this thread is for those who love to complain and those who languish in silence over the badness of remakes, it is to share witht he world how we would go about re-making our favorite movies/series if given the chance.  Just remember to have fun and keep is work safe.   Wink

I'll start the thread with one really great idea, a mediocre idea, and something that's just plain silly.  I'll let YOU the reader decide which is which!  To save space I'll link out to my original write-ups.

First up. . .

Buck Rogers.  In short: Lose the side-kick talking robot and all robots in general, update the show by using balanced role-reversal and having "Buck" female and Colonel Deering male.  Did I mention NO ROBOTS?  Good.

My full outline can be found here Why no new Buck Rogers?.

Second. . .

The Misadventures of Anne in the Land of Rape and Honey; being a tongue-in-cheek WIP flick starring Ann Coulter in a sort of 'Gwendoline' (from the COMICS not the movie) type role.

Third. . .

Technically not a remake but there's been movies very similar to it and, when you look at the mock-up poster I did, you'll understand.

Dungeon Keeper: The Movie; 'nuff said.

So what movies would YOU make if you could?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:18:08 PM »

I've given thought to the remake of Manos: the Hands of Fate  Please forgive any spelling mistakes.

Torgo:  Vince Vaugn (Wedding Crashers)  He always looks like he spent the night drinking.  Perfect for Torgo

The Master:  Sam Neil (Jurassic Park)  I think he's a great actor who doesn't get enough roles in movies

The Husband Michael:  Greg Kanier (Talk Soup,Mystery Men) Micheal was overconfident, smarmy but ultimatly and ineffective dolt.  Tha'ts every charachter Greg Kanier ever played.

The Wife:  Sela Ward  An attreactive older woman, about Greg's age.  Doesn't make much sense if she was much younger.

Daughter:  Dakota Fanning:  Simpley because she is really the only big child actor right now. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »

We're off to a good start so far.

But certainly Manos can't be the only movie the members of this forum have given thought to re-casting?

Feeling shy?  In fear of ridicule?

Trust me after you've read my Clash of the Titans re-make cast you'll be laughing too hard to worry!

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cast Your B-Movie Re-Makes Here! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.