Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:36:20 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cigar Smoking « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cigar Smoking  (Read 9816 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 17, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you smoke cigars and or pipes.   I'm not really a huge officiando of it but I smoke cigars once and awhile so I'm wondering what you all like.  I'm finding the different flavored Phillies Blunts to be most satisfying lately. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:17:23 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »

I don't smoke but one and only time I did it when my friend went overseas and came back with Cuban cigars. I smoked one and in all honest I didn't like it one bit. Not my thing.

I will just stick to drinking Bud and Jack.  Cheers
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:08:34 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you smoke cigars and or pipes.   I'm not really a huge officiando of it but I smoke cigars once and awhile so I'm wondering what you all like.  I'm finding the different flavored Phillies Blunts to be most satisfying lately. 

I will smoke a cigar on occasion.  As you mentioned, the flavored Phillies are quite good.  I absolutely love the chocolate Phillies.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 04:37:12 PM »

As a teenager,I started out chewing tobacco,but I gotta girlfriend and she made me quit. Then I switched to stogies,Big fat ass King Edwards. Then I hitchhiked to NYC,and started smoking Carlton ciggerttes. Now if I roll my own cigs,cuz it's much cheaper.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:05:23 AM »

I love Macanudos.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 12:39:56 AM »

Kind of depends on your budget, I've had really good cheap cigars and really bad expensive ones. The ones I seem to get most are Pryme Gold Series 400T or Perdomo Cuban Parejo Belicoso both Nicaraguan. Frankly true Cubans are over rated. However, they aren't cheap at about $150 per box of 20. To me blunts and fruity/candy flavored cigars are real cigars, but if you enjoy them; smoke them. 

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:31 AM »

My Dad smoked from about the time he was 12 until he died in his mid 40s, regretted it all his life and could never quit. He went through cigarettes, good and bad cigars, pipes, hand rolled. Used to tell me never to start, even jumped my case for buying candy cigarettes.

When I was nine we were lighting firecrackers a few days after a holiday, I'm guessing Fourth of July or Labor Day. He gets bored, give me his lit cigar we were using to light them with, one of those nasty things that came three or four to sealed pack. Told me to puff on it, not inhale and work it out for myself he was going in. I tried to act tough like Burt Lancaster in The Professionals thinking my firecrackers were sticks of dynamite, but I did plenty of hacking, weezing, and choking up with watery eyes. Needless to say, I never took to smoking on a regular basis. He taught me my lesson early on.

When I was 19, I was given one of those "It's a Boy!" cigars (the late Mitch Hedberg's favorite according to an old joke) by a guy I knew after his buddy's girlfriend had a baby. Bored one day I smoked it. I got through it with little trouble but it was as nasty, pointless, and as tasteless as you would figure. Like smoking hay.

Once to mess with a co-worker, I took a few drags off her cigarette. People enjoy those things?

So I don't smoke, but I love the smell of good cigars and pipe tobacco. But too much aggravates my allergies that have mostly gone away. OTOH, the way most cigarette smokers smell when they have just finished one (I work with lots of smokers) has led to me calling them "ashtray lickers" since that's the image they conjure up.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:14:02 AM »

Smoking is a filthy habit.And expensive.I applaud you for not smoking.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »

Thanks, but I have lots of other bad habits: overeating (not so much now), oversleeping (I'm a pro at this one), procrastination (so good at it, it's like I hope they're going to pay me for it), swearing, bearing grudges, self-absorption, rambling off topic in other's threads.........

If it's non-productive and cheap, it's a bad habit of mine. Cheapness! There's another one.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on smoking.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 08:08:55 AM »

I used to smoke, cigarettes were my favorite but I also enjoyed a good cigar now and then, and for about a year and a half or so I smoked a pipe. I got into all the pipe paraphernalia, lighters, pipe stands, pipe racks and holsters etc. One thing about a pipe is that with the right tobacco most people like the aroma and it's less expensive than cigars or cigarettes. Always went back to cigarettes though, then about four years ago I quit smoking for good, interestingly enough although the physical manifestations of my nicotine addiction disappeared in about four days I still have a desire on occasion for a cigarette, just force of habit I guess, and one I don't give in to, it was to hard to truly quit the damn things and I don't intend to go back. I try hard not to sound preachy about quiting smoking, hope I don't sound that way here, as far as I'm concerned it's just a personal choice and I don't think someone should be discriminated against for smoking.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »

I used to smoke Pall Mall unfiltered, which are rough, foul cigs indeed.  But no one ever bummed them from me.  I quit after college without much trouble.
The romance of a stogie is not lost on me either.  However, I can't stand smelling cigars, even the best of them smell like a tire fire in a wet compost heap in a feed lot to my nose.   Its not rational I know. 

Conversely  I do like the smell of a pipe, reminds me of my grandfather.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
raj

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »

Once in a great while I'll have a cigar -- like once every other year.  I'm allergic to tobacco smoke (and have asthma) so I could never get into that whole "bring smoke into your lungs thing" (realizing you don't inhale cigars)

Well, except for when I was in college, but then that wasn't terbakky. Lookingup
elDuendeVerde
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 03:50:28 PM »

dude, i love a good cigar (and sometimes, a not-so-good cigar).  my favorite "gas station" brand is definitely swisher's sweets.  but i also buy a box of cubans whenever i go back to guatemala to visit the folks...and those are infintely better.
Yaddo 42

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 06:32:41 AM »

So is the whole clove cigarette/bidis trend dead? Or is that just a college thing? I used to run across a few folks who smoked those still but not for a few years.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 04:12:36 AM »

I used to smoke cloves back in the early 90's when grunge was big.
Can't smoke 'em anymore...they burn my lungs.

I love the smell of them though.
The smell of cloves is one of my all time favorite smells.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cigar Smoking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.