Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:05:14 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Smacked On the Head « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Smacked On the Head  (Read 15409 times)
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »

I was in germany in 95 riding a bicycle (yeah a bicycle). I was going down a large hill and the chain snapped...well the chain flipped up and wrapped around the front tire locking it up. I flipped over the front of the handlebars going about 20 mph. I was unconcious on the road side for about  hours before someone came by and saw me. I woke up in the hospital with 3rd degree head trauma. I had no memory of anything for the past week or so. I also had 5 broken bones, my right arm, left thumb, right ankle and two ribs. I was in the hospital for 4 days because of head swelling in my brain. I still have trouble with my memory alot of the time and likely always will. But hey, I am alive and well now :) But that was the last time I will ever get on a bicycle :p. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »

I flipped over the front of the handlebars

I've done the exact same thing.
A few years ago I was biking alone on the local paved bike trail.  Part of it cuts underneath an interstate bridge.
I was getting ready to jump the curb to cross under the bridge and as I stepped hard on the right pedal, the chain came off and I flew over top the handlebars and hit my face & head on the concrete.

It didn't knock me out though...just gave me a terrible headache and bad road rash on my face and arms.
Funny thing, there was a group of 4-5 elderly women walking together on the trail just behind me who saw it happen.
They all rushed up to me asking if I was alright.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:08:04 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »

I was in germany in 95 riding a bicycle (yeah a bicycle). I was going down a large hill and the chain snapped...well the chain flipped up and wrapped around the front tire locking it up. I flipped over the front of the handlebars going about 20 mph. I was unconcious on the road side for about  hours before someone came by and saw me. I woke up in the hospital with 3rd degree head trauma. I had no memory of anything for the past week or so. I also had 5 broken bones, my right arm, left thumb, right ankle and two ribs. I was in the hospital for 4 days because of head swelling in my brain. I still have trouble with my memory alot of the time and likely always will. But hey, I am alive and well now :) But that was the last time I will ever get on a bicycle :p. 

Being hurt and alone is always a bad deal, glad that you made it out of that one.  My nephew hurt himself pretty bad on a bicycle.  We were trying to teach him how to do an endo.  Of course, he jammed his foot in the front fork and flipped.  Unlike others who did that, he did not let go of the handlebars and skidded along the pavement on his face.  Lost all the skin on his chin, nose, and forehead.  We told him to go home to his mom and he started walking out into a cornfield.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 11:33:18 PM »

Well...........I'll have to add my "handle bar" experience.

When I was about 8 years old in the 70's we were riding down hill standing on the banana seat of the bicycle. Ok most of us could do this, so I had a great idea. Riding down the hill standing on my banana seat with no hands. Naturally I went off the road crashing and landing head first with my head landing on the handle bar busting my head open. One of the kids was so concerned he brought me all of his halloween candy. The injury left no lasting physical marks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:38:54 PM by Scott » Logged

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »

Well...........I'll have to add my "handle bar" experience.

When I was about 8 years old in the 70's we were riding down hill standing on the banana seat of the bicycle. Ok most of us could do this, so I had a great idea. Riding down the hill standing on my banana seat with no hands. Naturally I went off the road crashing and landing head first with my head landing on the handle bar busting my head open. One of the kids was so concerned he brought me all of his halloween candy. The injury left no lasting physical marks.
  Are you sure ?  BounceGiggle  It is not a tuuummoor !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:45:28 PM by Poogie » Logged

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 02:21:44 PM »

Yes. Ran into the kitchen, which had just been mopped. Slipped and fell, but I fell in such a way that my entire body was now parallel to the floor below me. For a few seconds, my body must have defied gravity, because after falling, the next thing I remember is looking up from my prone position above the floor, wondering why I could see the kitchen ceiling above me. That's when gravity reasserted itself, and I fell, my entire body, especially my head, hitting the floor.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Smacked On the Head « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.