Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:10:43 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Feast « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feast  (Read 1967 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 20, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

I had to fight my way through writing this review, despite really liking the film.  Along with that, Derf and Mofo Rising beat me up pretty good on the proofreading.  In any case, this is a nifty low-budget monster movie made recently.  They should give John Gulager more films to direct.

And the haiku:

I need a hero
One who does not get eaten
I will need some spares

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »

Great review for a great movie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »

I couldn't stand the camera work and directing style in this flick.

Otherwise, I loved the concept.

But there were kind a few instances in which I had to slo-mo some scenes to be able to tell what in the hell was happening.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:06:51 PM »

I was good with the directing.  The action scenes use that same "blurred, real fast cuts" action that has become popular in recent years.  It drove me nuts when it was used in Jackson's "King Kong."  I didn't notice it as much here and I am not sure why.  Perhaps because things seem to happen fast and furious throughout the whole movie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:08:56 PM »

I was good with the directing.  The action scenes use that same "blurred, real fast cuts" action that has become popular in recent years.  It drove me nuts when it was used in Jackson's "King Kong."  I didn't notice it as much here and I am not sure why.  Perhaps because things seem to happen fast and furious throughout the whole movie.

Yeah, Peter Jackson does have a frenetic camera style during his more intense action type sequences, but he still doesn't go as overboard as the director of Feast did IMO.

Like I said, when someone has to slo-mo sequences in the movie to be able to tell what exactly is going on, that's a bit of a problem to me.    Buggedout

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:09:49 AM »

I assume you're talking about the stuff with the natives right?  I actually thought the action set pieces with kong himself and the bugs were extremely well done, especially the T-rex fight.  The native bit kind of irritated me, but it wasn't particularly long.

Feast's camera work I found vexing at times, but on the whole it wasn't terrible.  Occasionally I wished I had a better idea of what was going on, especially in the first half of the film.  The climactic scenes seemed to handle it a bit better, I thought.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 09:54:41 AM »

i wanted some more baddie scenes and a little bit more about what they are or at least where they came from but i love this flick.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »

Down side, i'm not into gross flicks.
Up side, i have a friend who will love this puppy!

Nice to find films that stand conventions on their heads.
Hummm....Intresting, how the film starts in what in another film,would be a scene that starts about the middle of the flick. Loved the bartender's caption!...hey..you don't think the scriptwriter has been lurking in your reviews section, do you Andrew? Reminds me of the cast descriptions!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »

Loved the bartender's caption!...hey..you don't think the scriptwriter has been lurking in your reviews section, do you Andrew? Reminds me of the cast descriptions! [/color]

I think that the cast descriptions are what your average person would arrive upon, but most people do not try to apply common sense to b-movies.  All of us die-hard fans are an odd lot.  I still look at Mike from There's Nothing Out There and wonder if that is not me, just from a dimension one or two realities removed.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Feast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.