Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:26:07 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  3 vague memories.Need help! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 vague memories.Need help!  (Read 11508 times)
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 23, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »

Ok im going to start with the movie which I remember the least of. It was a animated movie I believe in the style of Wizards, and Heavy Metal. The only scene that I can remember is when the protagonists of the movie are threatened in a swamp by a couple of cyborgs. I remember that one of the cyborgs had his guts showing and when he tryed to attack his guts were either shot or stabbed and there was alot of brownish blood. For some reason this particular scene has always stuck with me.
On to number two. This was a TV show that was on early in the mornings when I was about 8, I'm 25 now. It was a show about a apocalyptic world were humans and machines were fighting eachother.It was live action for the most part but the machines were either created using very early cgi, animatronics,or perhaps even animation.I think but am probably wrong that the shows name started with a R. There were trading cards for this show as I used to have a set and maybe toys also. I never got to see much of it because it was on early sunday mornings and I always had to go to church.
Lastly is the movie I remember the most of. It was animated and took place in a future were humans were dead and the descendent's of animals had taken over. The bad guy was trying to open a portal to another dimension to bring a demon through, but he needed a specific voice or sound to do it. So he abducted a girl from a rock band, and the movie is all about how the members of the rock band tryed to save this girl.I saw it a few months back at a BestBuy on dvd but for some reason never bought it.

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:00:01 AM »

Can you provide any more information about the 1st.  An idea of when you saw it would be helpful.

The second could be "Robotix."  Check and see if this Wikipedia entry rings any bells:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotix_%28Animated_Series%29

Your third film is definitely "Rock & Rule."  I keep meaning to review that one.  The evil guy, voiced by Iggy Pop, looks like a mixture of Mick Jagger and David Bowie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »

For the first, I'd go to IMDB and look up Ralph Bakshi, as he directed both Wizards and Heavy Metal. Look through his works and see if anything sounds familiar.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »

The second one sounds like it could be either Photon or Laser Tag.
I tend to get them confused, but they were two different shows about identical toys.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

# 2 could also be CAPTAIN POWER AND THE SOLDIERS OF THE FUTURE.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »

Could this be #1?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085542/

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »

First id like to say thanks for the help, I didn't think that i'd get so many good answers. First Rock and Rule is definatly the movie I was thinking of for number 3.I need to buy it next time I see it.  Captain Power and the soldiers of the future is likely the tv show. The few video and pictures I can find definatly fit what I remeber of the show. The show was as I remeber rather dark for a kids show at that time. Fire and Ice might be the first movie but with what few pictures I can find of it I can't be sure.Ill probably have to rent or buy it to find out.

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »

"Fire and Ice" could be the film you remember, as there is a good bit of fighting and there is a dismal swamp.  However, there are no cyborgs.  If you can remember any more details, please post them.  It seems like any classic animation film should be one we can dig out.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »

The first one is Starchaser: The Legend of Orin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090065/

The second one is Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.

Small | Large

The third one is Rock and Rule.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086203/

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:58:03 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 08:59:07 PM »

The first one is Starchaser: The Legend of Orin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090065/

Really?  Wow, you would think I would remember the scene.  However, I will definitely admit that it could fit into that movie easily.

EDIT:  This was not intended to cast doubt on the ID.  If Akiratubo says that is the film, then I would trust him to nail it.  He is one of our resident animation gurus.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:05:29 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:11:27 AM »

I think it is Star Chaser as well.  I saw that movie not to long ago.  Kick butt movie.

Is the TV show available???

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  3 vague memories.Need help! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.