Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:04 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite List « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite List  (Read 10988 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 23, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »

Favorites:

Sci Fi: Star Wars OT, Alien, 2001 ASO, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, THX 1138

Horror: Halloween I, Hellraiser I, The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Comedy: Heathers, Howard and Kumar Go to White Castle, and again, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Drama: Singles, Breakfast Club, Eyes Wide Shut

War: Full Metal Jacket

Documentary: March of the Penguins, anything to do with Antarctica or Outer Space

Animated: Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Heavy Metal I

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:04:14 AM »

My list is too big to put on the site.  But if I had to narrow it down, it would be:

The Orginal Dune with Patrick Stewart.

Yellow Beard

and Phantoms.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:52:57 PM »

My list is too big to put on the site.  But if I had to narrow it down, it would be:

The Orginal Dune with Patrick Stewart.

Yellow Beard

and Phantoms.

Phantoms eh?  That's a strange choice.  I watched it when it first came out, but I didn't care for it that much.  I've watched it a few times since, and it has grown on me a bit, but still not as good as Koontz's book was.  I think it was the first Koontz book I ever read, and to this day is still my favorite of all his works.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

OK I'll try this. This may be rather lengthy.

Sci-Fi:  Forbidden Planet, It Came From Outer Space, The Quatermass Xperiment, Quatermass and the Pit, Quatermass 2, The Day the Earth Stood Still, This Island Earth, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (both films), War of the Worlds, Colossus: the Forbin Project, Planet of the Apes (1968), Soylent Green, Alien, The Empire Strikes Back, Mad Max: The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Blade Runner, Brazil, 1984, RoboCop (, The Terminator, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, The Andromeda Strain,  2001: A Space Odyssey, Aliens, Predator, They Live, The Arrival, Invaders From Mars (both), The Blob (both), The Thing (both), The Fly (both), Them!, Metropolis, Silent Running, Rollerball (1975), Robinson Crusoe on Mars, Godzilla-King of the Monsters, Mimic, Journey to the Far Side of the Sun, Solayris, Island of Lost Souls, The Trollenberg Terror, X the Unknown, Village of the Damned, The Time Machine (1960), Cube, Dark City, The Matrix, The Man in the White Suit, 20 Million Miles To Earth, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, It Came From Beneath the Sea, The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, The Abyss, Escape From New York, Slaughterhouse-Five, Logan's Run, Seconds

Horror: The Wolf Man, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein (1931), Nosferatu (both), Halloween (1978), The Mummy (all 5 Universals and all the Hammers), The Phantom of the Opera (1925),  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (20s, 30s versions), The Invisible Man, King Kong,  The Black Cat (1934),  Son of Dracula (1943), I Walked With A Zombie, White Zombie,  The Ghost of Frankenstein, The Body Snatcher, Isle of the Dead, The Leopard Man,  Psycho (1960), The Innocents, Carnival of Souls (1962), The Haunting (1963), Dementia 13,  The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974),  Jaws, The Omen, Tremors, In the Mouth of Madness, Jacob's Ladder, Ringu, The Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Last Man on Earth, The Omega Man, Evil Dead films, Friday the 13th films, Nightmare on Elm Street Films, An American Werewolf in London, Wolfen, Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Premature Burial, The Tomb of Ligeia, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Haunted Palace, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, The Werewolf, Horrors of the Black Museum,  Horror of Dracula, The Curse of Frankenstein, Revenge of Frankenstein, The Brides of Dracula, Kiss of the Vampire, The Dead Zone, Videodrome, Naked Lunch, Angel Heart, Black Sabbath, Blacula, The Creeping Flesh, Freaks, Cronos, Les Diabolique

Fantasy: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923, 1939, Disney), The Thief of Bagdad (1940).  It's a Wonderful Life, Harvey (1950),  20000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Valley of Gwangi, Jurassic Park films, Dragonslayer, Dragonheart, Time Bandits, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Conan the Barbarian, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Sorceress, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, The Wizard of Oz (1939), Return To Oz, Lord of the Rings, Ladyhawke, Weissmuller Tarzan Films, Especially the Harryhausen films - Jason and the Argonauts, Clash of The Titans, Sinbad Trilogy, Mysterious Island

Comedy: Marx Brothers Films, Abbott & Costello Films, Pink Panther Films, Ma & Pa Kettle Films, Beach Party Movies, Mel Brooks Movies, Carry On Movies, Don Knotts movies, Spaced Invaders, Galaxy Quest.

Drama: Ed Wood, Gods and Monsters, Monster, Citizen X, American History X, Shawshank Redemption, North By Northwest, Vertigo, Rear Window, Cop Land, L.A. Confidential, The Elephant Man, Nightmare Alley, On the Waterfront, Man on the Moon, The Snake Pit,

War: Paths of Glory, All Quiet on the Western Front (1930), The Thin Red Line, Born on the Fourth of July, Platoon,  Apocalyspe Now, Attack (1956), Bat*21, Escape From Sobibor, Full Metal Jacket,  From Here to Eternity, Hell in the Pacific, Tobruk, Sea of Sand, Ambush Bay

Documentary: Beyond the Mat, Wrestling With Shadows, all the Wrestling Ones really. Man of A Thousand Faces, The Magic of Melies

Animated: Sleeping Beauty, Fantastic Planet, Wizards, Fritz the Cat, Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat, Heavy Metal, Fire and Ice, Patlabor films, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Dominion: Tank Police, Watership Down, The Iron Giant, Wallace & Gromit.

I'm also a huge fan of Martial Arts films (especially Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan before he went Hollywood), blaxploitation and most anything that might have turned up playing at a Drive-In years back.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »

I'm gonna do a simple top 10...It changes all the time though.

1. Batman Returns
2. Jurassic Park.
3. The Fly (1986)
4. Body Snatchers.
5. Striptease.
6. Frankenhooker.
7. Poltergeist.
8. Elvira film...don't care which one.
9. The Wrath of Kahn
10. Pulse (Kairo)

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 08:36:29 PM »

since my list is always changing, here's some ones I have currently watched and liked:

Dark Night of the Scarecrow
The Pack
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Kill Bill vols 1 and 2
Alien/Aliens (not that scary, though)
Noroi: The Curse
[rec]
Silence of the Lambs
The Dark Knight

And here's a few that have stood the test of time, so far:

Signs
National treasure
Amazing Grace
Prince of Space (MST3K version)
Red vs Blue (not really a movie...but I own the DvDs!!!)

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
hotspur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »

I know this will be incomplete, but

Sci-Fi: Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, 2001, Alien, Dune, Blade Runner, Star Trek II

Drama: The Last Seduction, Diner, Syriana, Cool Hand Luke, Wall Street, Bullitt, Rounders, Mississippi Burning, LA Confidential, Taxi Driver, The Godfather, Godfather II, The Last Detail, Michael Clayton, Three Days of the Condor, Crimes & Misdemeanors, Hud, Spartacus, Fargo, Valmont, Dangerous Liasons, Midnight Run, Pulp Fiction, The Fabulous Baker Boys, The Silence of the Lambs, The Conversation

Western: The Magnificent Seven, Silverado, Unforgiven

War: Platoon, Paths of Glory, The Longest Day, Battle of the Bulge, Tora Tora Tora, Blackhawk Down

Comedy: Dr Strangelove, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Big Lebowski, Broadway Danny Rose

Documentary: An Inconvenient Truth, Crumb, No Direction Home
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:15:39 PM by hotspur » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »

I'm gonna go Jase's route...

omly I'm gonna go Horror by decades...and think on the other genres and post'em later...(can't say I didn't warn ya!)
.SILENTS-TOP 5

1.NOSFERATU-nuff sed.
2.HAXAN-(aka WITCHCRAFT TROUGH THE AGES)-This is so weird.....with so much bizzare imagry..
3.DR. MABUSE-KING OF CRIME-I love the Mabuse films! And the silents were the best!
4.the UNKNOWN-Chaney! Nuff sed.
5.PHANTOM of the OPERA-Even though the movie itself is nothing to write home about...Chaneys Phantom redeems it all! LON CHANEY WILL NEVER DIE!!!

Small | Large

1930's

1.the RAVEN- My favorite Bela film.
2.FRANKENSTEIN- This movie defines the Universal age of horror. The BEST monster movie of the 30's...more so than BRIDE for me.
3.SON OF FRANKENSTEIN- Karloff,Lugosi,Rathbone....I like this one more than BRIDE too...! I know....I'm weird...
4.KING KONG-Nuff se.
5.WHITE ZOMBIE-Amazing that such an eerie Grimm fairy tale type film was made by a little known is=ndependent company...

from the RAVEN!!!
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »

I'll post my list of favorite Disney films later, but until then here is my list of favorite non-Disney films. The list is arranged in a combination of preference and alphabetical.

Glory
Lord of the Rings (1978)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Bugsy Malone
Lair of the White Worm
Oliver
Romeo and Juliet (1968)
The Bounty
The Great Race
Lady Jane
Zulu Dawn
Doctor Zhivago
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Krull

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »

This is hard so I'll just narrow it down to just 10 films for right now.

The Dark Knight
Castle in the Sky
Tremors
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Mars Attacks
Dick Tracey
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Thing From Another World
Them!
Ghostbusters

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:42:18 AM »

My favorites:

Horror: Dawn of the Dead (1979), Halloween (1978), The Thing (1982), and too many others to list here.

Action: Escape From New York, Iron Monkey (1993), Dirty Harry, Hard-Boiled, Face/Off, First Blood, Demolition Man

Superhero Films: The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2.1, Batman (1989), Superman: The Movie, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

Science Fiction: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), The Teminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Aliens

Comedy: Tropic Thunder, Hot Fuzz, Meet the Feebles

Gangster films: Scarface (1932), The Godfather 1 & 2
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »

continued...as warned...

Horror-1940's
.the BODY SNATCHER-One of my favorite Karloff films.
.the DEVIL BAT-Goofy fun!
.the WOLFMAN
.GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN
.STRANGLER of the SWAMP-Charles(MING in Flash Gordon) Middleton as a creepy ghost!

1950's-

Some of the cassic sci-fi films can be classified as horror...Films like FORBIDDEN PLANET and the DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL are straight sci-fi....but I think it's safe to say that the THING and many of the giant bug movies are horror with an atomic twist.

.BRIDE of the MONSTER-classic Wood and Bela!
.the BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE-though not released untill the early '60's,this movie was filmed in 1958.
.The CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.
.THEM!
.CURSE OF THE DEMON....

Small | Large

60's
.PSYCHO
.NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
.the BIRDS
.DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!
.ROSEMARY's BABY

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »

Sci Fi: Star Wars, Starship Troopers, Wrath of Khan, 2001, Alien, Aliens

Horror: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003 remake), The Mummy (Hammer, 1959), Friday the 13th parts 2 & 3

Comedy: A Fish Called Wanda, Airplane!

Drama: Wild Things

War: Heroes of Telemark, Where Eagles Dare, Force 10 from Navarone, Battle of the Bulge

Documentary: That show about Black holes / gamma ray bursters that featured the theme music from Disney's The Black Hole, the documentary on the German Tiger Tank, the show about the battle of Leyte Gulf that highlighted the ships of Taffy 3, the episode of Lost Worlds about the Hittite empire

Animated:  Pink Floyd The Wall,  Heavy Metal

Westerns:  Outlaw Josey Wales, Man With No Name Trilogy

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »

Hmm, I was gonna do a list like everyone else, based on category, etc.  But, I'm just gonna do a top 10/15.

1.) Clerks
2.) A Nightmare on Elm Street
3.) Shawshank Redemption (despite naysayers, I do quite like it.)
4.) Ed Wood
5.) Cannibal! The Musical
6.) Rocky (It was a tossup between this and Rocky IV)
7.) The Muppets Take Manhattan (could've been any of the first three Muppet flicks, but this has live action Muppet Babies, so it wins.)
8.) This Is Spinal Tap!
9.) The Naked Gun: From The Files of Police Squad
10.) Back to The Future

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »

If people are gonna go by genre:

Horror :
The Ring (original)
The Orphanage
Poltergeist
Audition
Kairo

Sci-Fi :
The Fly (1986)
Star Trek II
Robocop
Blade Runner
BodySnatchers (1993...yeah, I know...)

Comedy :
Elvira Misterss of the Dark
Raising Arizona
Mystery Men
King pin
Frankenhooker

Action/Adventure :
Raiders of the lost Ark
Die Hard
Batman Returns
Jurassic Park
Die Hard with a Vengance

Musical :
Little Shop of Horrors
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
the Blues Brothers
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Hairspray

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.