Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 09:29:36 AM
534084 Posts in 40404 Topics by 5067 Members
Latest Member: E1673
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Politically Correct Stupidity « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Politically Correct Stupidity  (Read 3962 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 25, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »

This goes beyond stupid:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/e/content/shared-gen/ap/TV/TV_Greys_Anatomy_Feud.html

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:53:33 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
raj

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »

Time for some re-Nedification
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »

Oh geez, whatever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

With real suffering (man-caused and natural) elsewhere in the world, you really have to wonder about how soft the US has become if we invent such ridiculous stuff to get "hurt" over.  To read that blurb out of context, you'd think Washington killed someone, or slapped his wife around or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:00:16 PM »

This therapy thing is getting a little out of hand. Pretty soon we'll have to go to therapy for putting the toilet paper upside down.  Buggedout They need to call in "The Nanny" and make him sit in the naughty corner for 10 minutes and then say "I'm sorry". That will fix him.  Lookingup  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49:25 PM »

Hey,watch out what you say about hanging toilet paper around here! It could get messy.... Lookingup

\"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!\" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?"
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard
http://rcmerchant.tumblr.com/
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 06:02:42 PM »

While I agree with the sentiment of everyone listed here, I also don't think what the guy did was right.  He called a gay co-worker a "faggot" and that shouldn't be tolerated at a job.

That being said, this whole situation has blown up into something incredibly stupid.  Therapy will do nothing but the give the guy a way out of the mess.  This shouldn't be news.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »

While I agree with the sentiment of everyone listed here, I also don't think what the guy did was right.  He called a gay co-worker a "faggot" and that shouldn't be tolerated at a job.

I absolutely agree; calling anybody a name, especially one that will hurt, is wrong.  It should not be tolerated anywhere.  But the response to it is nuts.

One way to handle this would be to publicize that he did it (like the Michael Richards thing) and let the natural order take care of it.  People should learn that being a jerk does not win your friends, popularity or 'the cool job.'  Or, least it shouldn't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 06:54:03 PM »

Boy,if my boss had everyone whocalled anyone a rude name at my job, go to therapy,there would be noone left to run the factory! That's madness!

\"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!\" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?"
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

http://rcmerchant.tumblr.com/
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »

Hey,watch out what you say about hanging toilet paper around here! It could get messy.... Lookingup
Especially if it's hung upside down... Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 01:48:23 AM »

I find that most politically correct stuff is pretty stupid, in a normal world Mr. Washington would say something along the lines off "You know you really made me mad, but I shouldn't have called you a faggot, that was wrong and I'm sorry I said it." Generally you can tell if the person is sincere especially if the apology is face to face, and that's the end of the story, unfortunately more and more it seems we don't live in a normal world. I've had these kind of name calling things turn into pretty good fights and when it's over we said sorry, didn't mean to call you a **********, and the reply was usually , aw I shouldn't have called you a @#@#3 either, lets get a soda, when I was older it was let's get a beer. Amazingly, no one was traumatized or required therapy, but we were probably to ignorant to realize we needed it.

Science claims that hydrogen, because there is so much of it, is the building block of the universe, I dispute this, there is plenty more stupidity, and that is the building block of the universe.  Frank Zappa
Dennis

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 02:04:08 AM »

Especially if it's hung upside down... Smile

I thought we put all this toilet paper s*** in the can.

Sorry, I know it's been done before, I tried, but find that I just couldn't resist.

Science claims that hydrogen, because there is so much of it, is the building block of the universe, I dispute this, there is plenty more stupidity, and that is the building block of the universe.  Frank Zappa
raj

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »

I thought we put all this toilet paper s*** in the can.

Sorry, I know it's been done before, I tried, but find that I just couldn't resist.

Oh, no, here we go again on another roll.

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 08:08:23 AM »

I think everyone should just call everyone "f#kkrs" because that's what most of us are haheh, just kidding. 

I really just wanted to add that it's pretty cool to see a link to my hometown newspaper (well it was my hometown up until a couple years ago anyway).

"All disco must end in broken bones" - Cia from Whale
Dennis

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »

I once had a co-worker refer to me as a motherf*****, he was just being a jerk, in a bad mood, whatever. My response was you're right, I am, he then said "what did you just say?" I said "I'm married and we have kids, think about it. That shut him up.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

odinn7

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »

I call people names all the time...it's what I'm about...no big deal...I offend people, they tell me and I tell them to f*** off...problem solved.  Smile

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Politically Correct Stupidity « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.