Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:26:47 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Re-Animator DVD from Anchor Bay « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Re-Animator DVD from Anchor Bay  (Read 14104 times)
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 25, 2007, 01:52:11 PM »

I was at the Digital Bits site and they had news about an upcoming re-release of Re-Animator.  There's also some new Phantasm and Hammer Films stuff.

Finally, Anchor Bay has also announced the release of a 2-disc H.P. Lovecraft's Re-Animator: Limited Edition DVD on 3/20 (SRP $24.98) - the first release in the new "Anchor Bay Collection" line of premium DVDs. Just 50,000 copies will be available, complete with a collectible syringe-shaped highlighter pen. The DVD will include a new anamorphic widescreen transfer approved by director Stuart Gordon, remastered audio in Dolby Digital and DTS, 2 audio commentaries (featuring Gordon, producer Brian Yuzna and actors Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Abbott and Barbara Crampton), the new feature-length documentary Re-Animator Resurrectus, new video interviews with the cast and crew, deleted and extended scenes, trailers and TV spots, multiple still galleries, and the original H.P. Lovecraft short story and screenplay adaptation on DVD-ROM. Ah yes... I remember all those exploding intestines fondly: Re-Animator has the unlikely honor of being the first film my wife and I ever saw together in a theater. And here we are, still together more than 20 years later! FYI, the Anchor Bay Collection titles will all feature restored picture and sound, and newly-produced extras. According to the studio, "future Anchor Bay Collection releases include Don Coscarelli's 1978 cult favorite Phantasm, the 1994 sequel Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead, and an upcoming Hammer Films box set." Here's a look at cover art for the Re-Animator Limited Edition and that cool pen...

I still haven't seen this film.  I think there's a midnight show at a local theater this Saturday, but alas, I have to work that night.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:54:35 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

Pray for Willard!

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »

I already have the Millenium Edition of Re-Animator that Elite put out a few years back.  It took is a double disc and has a ton of special features.

I also have a couple of Re-Animator syringes similar to the one pictured here.  My wife and I got them at the screening of Beyond Re-Animator.

Still, a new video/audio transfer and documentaries sound good.  I think the Elite version is basically a DVD version of the Laserdisc.  Might have to put in a pre-order on this.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

Well....just pre-ordered it.

Amazon has it for just 18.00!

They also have a bunch of "classic creature flicks" for 50% off, so I bought The Phibes double feature DVD to get the free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up on this Pilgermann!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »

I've had the Millenium Edition 2 disc Re-Animator set for a little while now by Elite Entertainment.

It has an anamorphic widescreen transfer that is stupendous. I really don't see how anchor bay is going to improve on that that much.

As for the new extras, they seem cool, but like I said, the Millenium Edition is fine for me.

I am interested though in the new Phantasm discs though.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 05:56:56 PM »

I've had the Millenium Edition 2 disc Re-Animator set for a little while now by Elite Entertainment.

It has an anamorphic widescreen transfer that is stupendous. I really don't see how anchor bay is going to improve on that that much.

As for the new extras, they seem cool, but like I said, the Millenium Edition is fine for me.

I am interested though in the new Phantasm discs though.

I hope they release the awesome "Orb Edition" that R2 got.  I'd kill for that set.

Pilgermann,

If you have the option to see Re-Animator in the theater, then you should go no matter what.  I've never seen the film in the theater, just one of the sequels.  The film, on DVD at least is absolutely fantastic.  Quit your job, pay someone to take your shift...something.  Re-Animator is a film that needs to be seen!

Torgo

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 10:24:34 PM »

I actually saw a midnight showing of Beyond Re-Animator in a local theater back in 2004 I believe.

It was actually uncut and everything.  not that great of a movie compared to the other 2, but it was decent.

I was very upset though when the region 1 DVD came out and it was cut by about 30 seconds of gore/violence.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »

I actually saw a midnight showing of Beyond Re-Animator in a local theater back in 2004 I believe.

It was actually uncut and everything.  not that great of a movie compared to the other 2, but it was decent.

I was very upset though when the region 1 DVD came out and it was cut by about 30 seconds of gore/violence.

Yeah, my wife and I caught one of those showings as well.  It's one of my best theater experiences.  The audience didn't seem to be familiar with the Herbert West character, but they were cheering and laughing their asses off. 

I also thought that there was some stuff cut from the R1 DVD.  It seemed like it was missing a few parts, but could never put my finger on it.  Good to have a confirmation on that.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »

Like Skaboi and Torgo I have the Millenium Edition and I'm fine with it.

No reason for me to pick this up.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »

Well last night this came in for me on netflicks and I was VERY excited about it. I have actually never seen this film. So the wife got to watch hers first (damned paper beating rock!!) and we watched the decent...which was actually really good. Then it is my turn...II pull it out of the sleve with excitement only to be completely crushed...the damned thing was broken Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred
But luckily netflixs is cool and is sending it to me today as a replacement. So I should ahve it by tomorrow and I can join the mass of people who enjoy this film  Cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Re-Animator DVD from Anchor Bay « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.