Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:32:36 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Overhyped and Overrated? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Overhyped and Overrated?  (Read 3931 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: January 25, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

I was thinking about Overrated and OverHyped today and wondering "What does it real mean to the movie world in general and what makes a film these two words?"

I'm going to use the example of "Descent". Now I'm not picking on the movie I thought it was a solid flick but it just the most recent movie that fits the description.

Seems like everyone loves this movie and best horror movie in decades. While some who have seen say it ok but it seems like the vast majority of casual moviegoers and the media just loved this flick.

Why was this film or anyother film consider Overhyped or Overrated?

It it because the current climate of mainstream horror is not so great that a movie like Descent seems like something so new and refreshing? Would it still be considered great if more mainstream horror films were up to standard?

Is it that casual moviegoes,critics and the media just saturate the hell out of a movie that it just gets that way? And when a hardcore movie fan comes along and just says "This is sooo overrated" are we just going against the majority or have we seen enough movies to know better?

Sorry if I'm long on questions short on answers I just wanted to know what everyone thinks.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

raj

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:23:08 PM »

I think it comes down to whether you liked a movie as much whoever is hyping it did.  I only saw the second Matrix movie, and while it was ok, it didn't live up to what others had been saying about it, IMO.
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 11:59:08 PM »

I think it comes down to whether you liked a movie as much whoever is hyping it did.  I only saw the second Matrix movie, and while it was ok, it didn't live up to what others had been saying about it, IMO.

That's pretty bad, considering how harsh people were ripping on it when it came out.  Well, some people, anyway.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Overhyped and Overrated? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.