Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:47:17 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best movie of the 90s???? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Best movie of the 90s????  (Read 12667 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 26, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »

In the IMDB Trivia page: Natural Born Killers was acclaimed as the #1 film of the 1990s by Entertainment Weekly.

now I'd like to start off with I didn't like this movie very much. I found the camera technics to be unneccessary and really found the film to go on and on and on. I didn't Hate it though, I just found it pretty average. As far as best film of the 90's though? Absoultely not... I'm curious if you agree or not?

I can think of lots movies i'd put on that list above this movie...Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption and Clerks come to mind. Even movies like Se7en, American Beauty, Silence of the Lambs, Fight Club, Big Lebowski, Fargo, Forrest Gump or Ed Wood.

That's just my opinion however... what are some of your opinions?
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:48:47 PM »

I agree; there were LOTS of movies better than NATURAL BORN KILLERS.  I do not consider Entertainment Weekly to be a 'reliable source' of such things.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »

this is true... they put Brick as the number 2 worst movie of 2006... that was probably one of the best movies I've ever seen!
Katie
B-Movie Widow
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »

I must agree.  I think Natural Born Killers was average.  I also agree with SaintMort's movie choices.  Clerks and Forrest Gump are two of my all time favorites.  I don't think NBK even compares with the others he listed.  And lets not forget Saving Private Ryan.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »

I never liked NBK either.  I can think of many better.
_Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 05:25:13 PM »

Braveheart was made in 95 I believe and to me that is one of the better movies ever made. I can remember watching it for the first time and being absolutly mesmerized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »

this is true... they put Brick as the number 2 worst movie of 2006... that was probably one of the best movies I've ever seen!

I'm with SaintMort.  My God, Brick is a good film.

I never liked NBK that much either.

I'd say maybe Pulp Fiction or something like that as the best film of the 90s. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »

Some of my favorite 1990s movies include

Jurassic Park
Event Horizon
Galaxy Quest
The Prince of Egypt

But my vote for best movie of the 90s goes to Contact.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 07:29:10 PM »

There are many, NBK is not on my Top 10 of the 90's or even Top 25

One of the best IMHO of the 90's ...

Saving Private Ryan
The Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Fight Club
The Matrix (Only because it was ground breaking at the time)
Léon
Se7en
Braveheart

Just to number a few that I think are better than NBK from the 90's

zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »

I always thought Natural Born Killers was very overrated. My favorite movies from the 90's are the CAT III's like Story of Ricky, Untold Story, and Ebola Syndrome.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »

NBK was more like an overated music video,without the music.Oliver Stone,as a director,is seriously overrated. I enjoyed MARS ATTACKS much more than this. Dang, I liked ANACONDA more than NBK!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 11:36:03 PM »

I actually put NBK in my Top 10 Worst films list and I'm sticking by it. Some more great 90s films include: TREMORS, MATINEE, IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS, TERMINATOR 2, JACOB'S LADDER, DARK CITY, PI, OCTOBER SKY. Sure there's even more.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 01:40:24 AM »

One of the problems with growing older is being unable to recognize the subtleties of "era change" --
To me, "The 80's" and "The 90's" are still present-day.  I still think of anything in 1990 as being "modern times".
So it's 2007 -- Soon you'll all start to get the sense that this whole business of going 'into the future' is some sort of modernist con.
My wife can point out "80's" hair and "80's" fashion in some of the videos we watch, but to me it's all a blob.  I'm trying to learn.
I read an article in National Geographic once that elaborated on a social theory that only after about 50 years or more had passed could the cultural subtleties of a given era be recognized.  Thus, you had the so-called "Etruscan" bronze horses being recognised stylistically as fakes immediately in the 1970's, as the fakes were created in the 1920's, with the artistic conventions of that era.
peter history/denny old

I have no idea what this means.
dean

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 01:42:02 AM »

I liked Natural Born Killers [one of the few it seems] but it definitely doens't deserve top spot.  The editing style was very effective and you have to remember that this film was one of the earlier [that I can remember at least] films that used that oft-quoted-as-negative 'MTV style' editing.

Some could argue in terms of media influence and whatnot, considering the spate of press about it's violence and causes of etc, but even then there's probably some better options.

There's no doubting that in the academic world that NBK is up there in influence, just based on my own studies etc, but as a 'best movie of the 90s' well, that's a tough crowd to battle with...

I'm not going to add to what was the best, since there's too many to choose, and with different 'classifications' I spose, but I will agree that some of the ones already mentioned are awesomely terrific.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »

I didn't care for "NBK" either.

Film of the 90s? "Fight Club", to be honest. Can't think of a film I enjoyed more, that was as well made.

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best movie of the 90s???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.