Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:32:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Fiend Without A Face  (Read 71884 times)
Luis reyes
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is the best "brain Sci-Fi" film ever made! Why nobody ever considered doing a remake is beyond me...
dweeb
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this was the film that convinced me monsters were real.
I saw 'part' of it, (when I wasn't hinding behind the seat), at a drive-in when I was 9.
the first of a triple feature, my brothers an I conviced mom we didn't need to stick around to see the other two.
I rank it with Houghs 'legend of hellhouse', Hitchcocks 'the birds', and Scotts 'Alien'.
Its not only a classic, its definitive.
thanks for scaring the $#!+ out of me !

ChangBaKid
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ahh, memories of CREATURE FEATURES on NYC's Channel 5 on Saturday nights before I could sneak out of the house! One of my all-time fave 50's Sci-Fi's. Pretty cheesey by today's standards, but scared the hell out of me! The 'heartbeat' preceding a brain drain is even scarier than seeing those skull suckers later on!
Could Tim Burton have seen and been influenced by this? One of the statues Michael Keaton brings to life in BEETLEJUICE definitely recalls our brainiacs!
Parting shot-watch out for that candle that moves all by itself before going out when Marshall is in the mayor's tomb.
Great movie! Great site! Pleasant neon meate dreams, y'all!

P.S.-have been a proud owner of it for many a year AND two lobby cards for the flick!!!
Joe M.
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one of my faves.  I used to stay up 'till 2:00 AM to watch it on "Creature Features" when I was twelve. I'm now 42 and I'll STILL wait up to see it!  Someone needs to remake it , but they have got to do it just as campy and "bad" as the original. It would be a cult classic (again)!

Chris Holdroyd
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When I was about 5?, my parents left me with a sitter on Saturdays. In Toronto. There was a movie hour that came on after 10pm. Fiend Without a face was on and I remember being more scared at this movie than the day I had a machine gun aimed at my head while travelling abroad in a place I shouldn't.

The problem was, the first half of the movie - the Fiend was in a killing mode, but I couldn't stay awake. I had to go to bed at 11 without ever seeing the brain sucker get captured! So I made my baby sitter sleep with me on the outside of the bed, so if the Fiend appeared in my room, he would suck out his brain, be full of feast, then not bother with my little brain for desert!

One of my first memories of childhood - I kid you not!
night heron
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2004, 09:44:46 PM »

My mom and my older brother saw this movie and said it was great and they would ssslllluuurrrppp out the victems brains oooo how rude but they could be shot BANG BANG YOUR DEAD
Cambot99
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005, 10:33:50 PM »

This movie creeped me out a bit when I was kid, the sounds those creature make gave me chills and I found that one scene very disturbing as three fiends ganged up on one person. Fiend without a face, a real classic.
Chris B
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

When I was a kid I watched horror movies every Friday night. It was great. And then I watched A Fiend without a Face, and it frightened me to death. This film freaked me out like no other.

Years later, as an adult, I was browsing the channels when - oh my God - there was the film. You know, I kept on surfing rather than watch it because a) I didnt want to spoil my memory of the frightener, and b) because to be honest I was still a little afraid.

Hmmm...I feel better now.
kjw
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 10:39:02 PM »

I have always thought that the scenes when they show what the fiends look like and when they get shot at,that their blood when coming out of their brains looked to me like a jelly donut,with the jelly coming out of the brains,and the brains looking like the donut.
Spanky Barlow
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »

I saw this film probably around the year 1964 when I would have been 9.  It scared me to death.  I remember walking around for days after making sure the back of my head was always covered and protected from intentional brain sucking.
Jim
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this as a kid, about age 9 or 10, and it scared me so bad that I never sought to see it again. However, I'm 41 and it still comes to mind occasionally when the subject of Sci-Fi comes up (they still haven't gotten my brain) and I'll remember this one until the day I die.
bucket
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Fantastic. This should NEVER be remade. You can't improve on perfection. Why the f**k was this banned in Sweden?
Tom
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »

I am 60 years old now but I remember this movie like it was yesterday. This is the movie I talk about all the time when I start talking to my friends about horror flix. I saw this movie at our local drive-in with my parents...it was great, scared the crap out me for a long time. Awesome movie...I love horror flix.  Thumbup
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »

The scene where the missing search party member crashes the town meeting, bellowing like the retard he has become, haunts me to this very day.  FIEND WITHOUT A FACE is an all-time favorite of mine and despite the plot holes (too numerous to mention) remains so.  Marshall Thompson is so heroic I could just puke (not to mention his being stiff as a board).  I give it five brains, that is, before the lobotomy.
Sadly, the first thing came to mind when he showed up was "He's gone all gumby!" "My brain hurrrts!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 12:40:39 AM »

I never saw this movie becuase it was on late at night on s chool night but my mom and one of my brothers aw it said that these things made a nasty slurping noise and could be shot with a gun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.