Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:15:27 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Fiend Without A Face  (Read 71883 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 17, 2002, 08:52:57 AM »

Updated review of a cult classic.  A scientist accidentally creates icky brain-eating monsters that menace a Canadian town and nearby U.S. military base.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 02:54:18 PM »

Ah, the jeep guy. Marshall Thompson. Mr Busness like. Best known for "Daktari" on T.V. Kinda skimpy resume, realy. The Homicidal brains out acted him, me thinks.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 03:17:47 PM »

Yes, they kept showing him driving around the base area in that jeep. It was hard to watch. I had great hopes for this film. At first people were being attacked without being able to see the creatures. The DVD isn't bad with the commentary section with the director. The film had some a great shot of fighter jets from the 50's lined up on an airfield. Daktari now that was a tv show that I couldn't stand except for the intro to the show. Seen many of them because of the lack of anything else on tv when it plane in re-runs. I think it was in the morning hours.
Squishy The Squid
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 1999, 04:58:10 AM »

God I love this movie. Totally wanky science, a shower scene, and unbelievably gory, especially for its time. Beautiful.
fred
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 1999, 09:25:31 PM »

Riveting....saw it several indelible times as a kid...still creeps me out...really was too fascinating to not watch..also recall strange guys with glowing eyes and awful wrap around sun glasses...or is that just me wishful childs mind playing tricks on me..? This movie just RUNS WILD!!
Steve Gory Horror Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 1999, 09:09:59 PM »

Forget the tacky dialog, and the absurd
"monsters-feeding-off-the-atomic-radiation" plot,
as well as the ridiculous invisibility of the
fiends during the first two-thirds of this movie.
Just sit back and look at these elements in a
humorous light (by today's scientific standards)
and enjoy the ride, slow as it it is in the
beginning.  
     Once the gruesome critters become visible,
and the special effects kick in and the gore
begins to fly, tighten your lap-bar and be
prepared for some surprisingly horrific jolts of
fright.  The realism of the visual and audio
effects, way ahead of their time, truely convinces
the viewer that these squirming, slimey monsters
stevegates@mediaone.net
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 1999, 07:20:09 PM »

RE "Steve Gory Horror Fan" review:

Please correct the posted text of my review!

The last two words ("are alive.") were not
included.  The last part of the final sentence
should read "...that these squirming, slimey
monsters ARE ALIVE. (Caps mine)

Thanks! (and thanks for a great web sit
Bill
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was 8 years old when I saw this movie at the theater, and was horrified by it.  I had nightmares for years afterwards.  On hot summer nights I slept with blankets over my head, and was wet with sweat night after night.  It was terrible.  There was no one I could talk to about it.   Now of coarse it seems foolish looking at what I was terrified by.  Don't ever let a child see this movie.  I tremble thinking what the kid would go through if they saw this.  
Chris K.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2000, 03:19:29 PM »

Definately NOT CHEESEY! FIEND WITHOUT A FACE is an exelent British film with a good plot, solid performances, clear black and white photography, and better-than-STAR WARS special effects. Watch it! You will be suprised how good this film is. NOTE TO READER: Film fans consider FIEND WITHOUT A FACT to be the first gore film. It is not. BLOOD FEAST (1963) is the first gore film. Just thought I would let you know.
MARK
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2000, 04:45:17 PM »

I LIVE IN EASTERN CANADA AND ITS TRUE, THIS PLACE IS FULL OF IRISH, SCOTISH AND GERMAN HERITAGE! ACCENTS AND ALL! MOVIES CAN TEACH YOU THINGS ABOUT WIERD ISOLATED PLACES FULL OF DRUNKEN HICKS!
netwOrm
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2000, 08:04:06 PM »

I fell in love with 'Fiend Without A Face' at age 7 - in the days when there was no colour TV here in the UK. The sound effects and the stop-motion animation in this film are truly unmissable. A true Masterpiece!
Jesus
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2000, 03:33:47 PM »

Yee blessing of thy movie shalt be divine.
philidor
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2000, 10:16:14 PM »

Scariest movie I saw when I was a kid.  Listen to the first sound clip for what I heard in nightmares, twice.
Poo Bah
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2000, 12:40:51 PM »

A "Son of Svengoolie" staple that I saw many times as a lad.  Rented it recently for laughs..still some creepy parts, but the bit where the hero is told to quit tomcatting around rings different to me now..since he *IS* tomcatting around instead of solving the problem.  Also, the reading of the "Sibornetics" book...

It's amazing how critical this movie is of the US military: they are insensitive to what's going on with the Canadians, and deserve every bit of criticism they get in this film.  For the time it was made, very unusual.
brain w/o a clue
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2000, 09:08:17 PM »

The scene where the missing search party member crashes the town meeting, bellowing like the retard he has become, haunts me to this very day.  FIEND WITHOUT A FACE is an all-time favorite of mine and despite the plot holes (too numerous to mention) remains so.  Marshall Thompson is so heroic I could just puke (not to mention his being stiff as a board).  I give it five brains, that is, before the lobotomy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.