Main Menu

Favorite lines from movies.....

Started by Poogie, January 28, 2007, 10:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poogie

What are your favorite lines from movies? I know everybody likes to say lines from movies in certain situations...it's just fun... I like Clint Eastwood's..."Go ahead, make my day". I know you have alot of them, so let loose....this should be fun....  :smile:
Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  

CheezeFlixz

"I want that head so clean that the Virgin Mary herself would be proud to take a dump in there."

Now what movie is it from ...

Poogie

Quote from: CheezeFlixz on January 28, 2007, 10:14:53 PM
"I want that head so clean that the Virgin Mary herself would be proud to take a dump in there."

Now what movie is it from ...

Full Metal Jacket....and the rest of the line is..."You do believe in the Virgin Mary, don't you private Joker?" 
Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  

soundtransit

The two favorites that come to my head are lines from Aliens (That's it man, Game Over man, GAME OVER!!) and Kelly's Heroes (There you go, more negative waves, have a little faith baby, have a little faith!)

ulthar

Ah, KELLY'S HEROS..I have not seen that one in years.  Great flick.

AIRPLANE is eminently quotable.  Once while flying into Miami, my wife and I 'disturbed' the folks around us by doing quotes from this movie.

We also quote THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER quite a bit, for some reason (it might be that we've watched it about 60 times - it is what we call around here a "good napping movie.")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

BeyondTheGrave

Three lines that I use constantly and are my favorite are:

"You think I just dress like this? This is a way of life" from Return of the Living Dead one of the punks, Suicide, says it.

"Theirs no love in your punches" from Ichi the Killer.

"Get Her!!" from Ghostbusters.
Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

LilCerberus

I've posted a number quotes to the imdb.
Right now, I'm wondering just how lazy it would be just to post links to them.
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Ash

"I'll be back!"

Dennis

One of my all time favorites would be "You hit the kid, now I hit you." from Kindergarten Cop, but I'm also partial to "Mongo just pawn in game of life." from Blazing Saddles, and then there's "I know, this one's mine." from the D.I. I could go on for a long time but I'll stop and give every one a chance.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.

Him

"I've been waiting for you Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I was with you I was but the learner, now I am the master"

quabrot

-"Doing stuff is overrated. Like Hitler. He did a lot. But don't we all wish he woulda just stayed home and gotten stoned?" The Tao of Steve

-"I still love you, even if you are a cyborg." Terror of MechaGodzilla

-The entire script of Arthur.

When I saw the thread I had a lot more...

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

RCMerchant

The line from under Bela (my avatar),from the documentary,MANSON(1972).
I also like to quote Dwight Frye from Dracula,when the wify asks me to do something...Yes,master! in my best Reinfield voice.
"Am I a clown? Do I amuse you?Whattaya mean I'm funny? Why am I so f**kin' funny?"-Goodfellows!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ulthar

BRICK also has some good quotes..if you can sort them out.   :smile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

Lunver

Meh, I'm at work atm and cant remeber what episode or what season its from... but yeah...

Patient: "She's making you do her?"
Dr. House: "Not do her... Date her!"

chatter i cant remember...

Wilson: "Young, ingenue doctor falling in love with gruff, older mentor; her sweet gentle nature bringing him to a closer, fuller understanding of his wounded heart."

blabla some more chatter... and finally, the greatest line ever written:

*patient puts his arm around Dr. House and says:*
"Do her... Or you're gay..."