Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:17:27 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer  (Read 23925 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »

The thing I'm wondering Andrew is...
You seem pretty knowledgeable about this movie...like you actually sat down and watched it recently.

BounceGiggle

Does anyone remember when TNT or WTBS was running movies under the idea of MOVIES FOR GUYS WHO LIKE MOVIES? (ooppps wrong topic)

Anyway, I remember getting my daughter a large stuffed bunny rabbit one year that smelled like strawberry. We had it in the house for years. It was one of her favorites.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

The thing I'm wondering Andrew is...
You seem pretty knowledgeable about this movie...like you actually sat down and watched it recently.

Ash, I watch a lot of movies that I find painful.  Heck, I already watched "Weasels Rip My Flesh" again so I could write the review.  (What I go through for you people.)  In the case of this one, I remembered it being horrible, picked up a copy for cheap, and watched it on Sunday.  Katie also found it painful.  And, yes, I will probably watch it again at some point to write a review.

Katie suggested I wait until Jenna was older and have her write the review.  My first problem with that:  I want my daughter to believe I am looking out for her welfare, not torturing her with stuff like this hideous monster of an animated film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 07:17:39 PM »

Andrew, I speak from bitter experience, if you show Jenna this at her age now, and she likes it, you will be forced to endure this thing for many painful months, if not years.  Buggedout

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »

Ashthecat said "The thing I'm wondering Andrew is...
You seem pretty knowledgeable about this movie...like you actually sat down and watched it recently."
Andrew Said "What I go through for you people."

hot BounceGiggle

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 04:04:00 AM »

A quick glance at the website of the Rainbow Brite community (which apparently is thriving) shows that there were a couple of live action movies (Rainbow Brite at the San Diego Zoo). Perhaps Andrew could track these down?

I also thought I'd add some visuals:

Some people like Rainbow Brite A LOT

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 06:34:36 AM »

Perhaps Andrew could track these down?

Anything else you would like me to do?  Wrestle a bear?  Swim with sharks?  Yikes, man, just yikes.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »

I can't be the only person on this board in the world who likes Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, can I?  Bluesad

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 08:50:34 AM »

Probably, yes.

But let's face it: back in the late 70s and early-to-mid 80s, everything was cooler.  Mainly because we didn't realize how utterly doped-up and craptastic it all was (for the most part).  Challenge of the Superfriends on to Transformers and G.I. Joe...Smurfs and Snorks...Monchichi and the Pac-Man cartoon.

But, lest we forget: the unholy triumvirate.  Rainbow BriteMy Little PonyCare Bears.  As the oldest of three kids, I got to see a lot of this thanks to my younger brother and sister--and I was just old enough that I was going "What the hell is this crap?"
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »

I can't be the only person on this board in the world who likes Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, can I?  Bluesad

You can find all of your friends at www.rainbowbrite.net

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Scott

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

You can find all of your friends at www.rainbowbrite.net

BounceGiggle

Akiratubo your apparently not alone.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »

The Care Bear Cousins are actually better than The Care Bears. To this day, I cannot dislike the megalomanical villain that is No-Heart and his often entertaining bumbling henchman Beastly. Must get around to covering "The Care Bear Cousins" in the TV Files one of these days...well maybe...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 07:57:33 PM »

The Care Bear Cousins are actually better than The Care Bears.

This is probably the single most frightening thing I have read in a long time.  Almost like seeing a page full of:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 08:15:46 PM »

Worry not Andrew.

"We shall not enter the kingdom lest we become like one of these little ones"

Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 10:24:17 PM »

Thankfully, all I really remember about the Care Bears these days is that my little brother and sister damn near wore out a VHS copy of The Care Bears Movie.

I suppose I can't talk, though--I actually liked Jem.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »

I think that the actual problem with this stuff, at least for those of us with kids, is not that the film, show, book, whatever is especially awful, just that it's intended for really young children and is not particularly good entertainment for adults. Also kids tend to like having reruns of the same thing over and over again, at one time it seemed I knew by heart, The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat comes back, Green Eggs and Ham, Whorton Hears a Who, Yeartle the Turtle, and The Rescuers, this tends to kill the enjoyment of these childhood favorites, at least it did for me. The great part about this is that right now my daughter thinks they're great, just like I did, and she will read them to her children when the time comes, and that will be sweet revenge. BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.