Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:14:13 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Buy DVD Sale « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Buy DVD Sale  (Read 3794 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 29, 2007, 12:55:08 PM »

I have been stopping in weekly to check on the DVD sales they have at my local Best Buy (it is on the way home - I can be in and out in five minutes).  That started when I found a couple for about $4 each, stuff like "Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid."

This week, I found that they had a couple that might interest others.  The one I purchased, for $3.99, was "Iron Eagle."  They also had the American "Godzilla" ("Deanzilla") film, which I already own.  They had about twenty movies priced at $3.99 each, so it may be worth stopping in for some people.  Wish that I could remember the other titles that were on sale...

Ash, you hear that?  "Iron Eagle" on DVD for $4.00!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »

They also had Anaconda on DVD for $4, but unfortunately it was only the initial, full frame release.  Would have bought it otherwise.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:12:11 PM »

If you have a BIG LOTS the one where I live had a ton of DVD's for $3.00 - $5.00 I was by there yesterday and picked up a few titles. I got Blackbeard, 5 different horror collections with 3 or 4 older movies on each and a few others. The closest Best Buy to me is about 30 miles away.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:33:17 PM »

I have been stopping in weekly to check on the DVD sales they have at my local Best Buy (it is on the way home - I can be in and out in five minutes).  That started when I found a couple for about $4 each, stuff like "Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid."

This week, I found that they had a couple that might interest others.  The one I purchased, for $3.99, was "Iron Eagle."  They also had the American "Godzilla" ("Deanzilla") film, which I already own.  They had about twenty movies priced at $3.99 each, so it may be worth stopping in for some people.  Wish that I could remember the other titles that were on sale...

Ash, you hear that?  "Iron Eagle" on DVD for $4.00!

Heh, yeah Best Buy tends to have all manner of films up for sale from time to time- I think I ran across a film called "The Calamari Wrestler" on the shelf once. Looks pretty laughable/bizzarre... uh, but you can find the "Deanzilla" film nearly anywhere... Blockbuster, FYE, Walmart, parking lots across America...
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »

I have never seen Calamari Wrestler at Best Buy... I just saw it at weird ma & pa video store iI visit.  Ma was watching it.  They have all kinds of weird and rare stuff.  We're talking from The Mutations to Porgy and Bess (which I don't believe has had a legit release).  The only problem is they're disoirganized as hell.

Well... the DVDs are kinda in alphabetical order.  That's Popcorn Video on 104th and Western in Chicago.

Just avoid getting into a conversation with Eddie about the anime Professor Pain...
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 02:19:41 PM »

I have never seen Calamari Wrestler at Best Buy... I just saw it at weird ma & pa video store iI visit.  Ma was watching it.  They have all kinds of weird and rare stuff.  We're talking from The Mutations to Porgy and Bess (which I don't believe has had a legit release).  The only problem is they're disoirganized as hell.

Well... the DVDs are kinda in alphabetical order.  That's Popcorn Video on 104th and Western in Chicago.

Just avoid getting into a conversation with Eddie about the anime Professor Pain...

Not a problem...I make it a point never to argue with adults about anime... nothing good ever comes from that.

I only remember seeing one copy of The Calamari Wrestler in Best Buy, and when I came back the next time, it was gone. I've never seen it, but the title and the art on the case was so odd, I never forgot it. I've seen Asian films like The Mysterians and Atragon there a few times... that's about it.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:48:57 AM »

I was in the local Best Buy Monday. Nothing to tempt me in the $3.99 section. I was killing time mostly, while the DVD selection was a little better than the last few times I was there a few more of those 100 movie packs for $37, might have to get the western one just for the spaghetti westerns they have I haven't seen (The Grand Duel, China 9 Liberty 37, Any Gun Can Play, etc.). It was still below the amount of choices they used to have. I'd swear the scifi section is getting even smaller as they keep moving the anime section down to make room for the family movies. That copy of the Edgar Wallace film The Terror is still hanging in though, I'm almost afraid to buy it, it's like some kind of charm.

Almost bought some CDs though: Modest Mouse, Harry Nilsson, Sigur Ros, Ben Folds, The Black Keys. Might go back after payday.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 09:36:21 AM »

I picked up Super Inframan from best buy a few weeks ago. It was 15 bucks, but it is toataly worth it. All the extra trailers they have on the disc is the katsup on the hot dog.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »

Yaddo, I've been wanting to see CHINA 9 LIBERTY 37 for a while now.

Saw one of those 100 packs yesterday also. It was the FAMILY 100 pack, but didn't have any titles that  usually look for.

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »

i went to the best buy by me and they didnt have any kind of sale whatsoever.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 06:01:27 AM »

Yeah, Scott, that was the only one of those 100 packs they had that tempted me, no horror ones, but there was a mystery/suspense one that might be up your alley if you don't have it already. There seems to be a group of grey area spaghetti westerns I can only find in those huge packs. I can find stuff like Death Rides a Horse, Boot Hill, or The Gatling Gun alone or in small multi-packs quite easily, but the ones I want to see are harder to find on their own, for me anyway.

I'm still p**sed that my Best Buy never had any copies of Inframan, I was so excited when I found out it was getting released on disc. I should just order the damn thing already.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Buy DVD Sale « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.