Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:33:03 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies About Movie Making and the Hollywood Scene? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which Is Your Favorite?
Jimmy Hollywood - 0 (0%)
Get Shorty - 1 (4.5%)
Living In Oblivion - 0 (0%)
The Player - 0 (0%)
Ed Wood - 14 (63.6%)
Matinee - 2 (9.1%)
Cecil B. DeMented - 1 (4.5%)
Terror Firmer - 0 (0%)
Gods And Monsters - 0 (0%)
Shadow Of The Vampire - 0 (0%)
American Movie - 2 (9.1%)
Barton Fink - 2 (9.1%)
Bowfinger - 0 (0%)
I Haven't Seen Any Of These Movies - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies About Movie Making and the Hollywood Scene?  (Read 29824 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: January 30, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »

Trying to come up with a good list of films about any aspect of Film Making like acting, producing, directing, etc.. Can anyone think of some more?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:52:48 PM by Scott » Logged

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »

The only ones I can think of at the moment are Terror Firmer and Cecil B Demented, although those belong in the bad movies section. As for my favorite, that would have to be Ed Wood. Just about anything Tim Burton has his name attached to has my full support (although I may regret that statement later on...).

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Scott

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »

Oh yea, I forgot about CECIL B. DEMENTED.

Havn't seen TERROR FIRMER yet. Always curious with the box cover.  Smile

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »

I voted for Ed Wood.

You should add another option at the bottom that says, "I haven't seen any of these movies".
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »

GODS and MONSTERS(1998) is an interesting movie about the life of director James(FRANKENSTIEN) Whale.I voted ED WOOD.I know it's not about Hollywood film making,but SHADOW of the VAMPIRE(2000) is a great movie about the filming of the German classic NOSFERATU(1922). John Malovitch is great(as usual) as FW Murnau, and William DaFoe is excellent as Max Shreck,alias Count Orlak. Of the choices available,I voted ED WOOD, a great movie about a BAD movie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:54 PM »

I voted Ed Wood but I must confess that I was tempted to vote for both Cecil B Demented and Terror Firmer as well...

Also Fausto... One thing that had Tim Burton's name on it that was bad... it was called Planet of The Apes
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:48:42 PM »

Voted for ED WOOD too but was tempted to vote for MATINEE, it's John Goodman lead clearly inspired by William Castle.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »

William Castle was a master of exploitation. A curious piece of triva: Bill Castle was the producer of one of the classics of horror cinema,ROSEMARY'S BABY. and he was the voice on the phone,in the phone booth scene of same film.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:04:27 AM »

Thanks RCMerchant for SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE and  GODS AND MONSTERS. Both films I have yet to see.

Yes, MANTINEE is a good one and I'm going to vote for this one because its not spoken of much. Deserves a look due to the William Castle connection.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:55:40 AM »

I too voted for Ed Wood, great movie about a man who was not functional in reality as the rest of us know it, helps you to appreciate why his really awful movies can actually be entertaining. Martin Landau is great as Bela Lugosi. My other choice would be Matinee, great John Goodman film, full of interesting movie tidbits. Both are keepers. Cheers

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 02:44:14 AM »

Also Fausto... One thing that had Tim Burton's name on it that was bad... it was called Planet of The Apes

Right....that one hadnt even occured to me. Now that I think about it, Corpse Bride wasnt that great, either. I retract my previous statement.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
dean

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:54 AM »

Damn.  And here I thought this was a topic about move-making 'docos' like Lost In La Mancha.

Anyways, I absolutely love Cecil B Demented just because its utter trash, and that's great.  Another favourite on the list is Shadow Of A Vampire. "IRIS IN!"

Very well made film 'based' on the making of Nosferatu.  Ed Wood's another favourite of mine as well...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 08:56:21 AM »

My friend says that Cecil b demented is so horrible that even talking about it lowers his self asteem. I really wanna see it!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:03:55 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
raj

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Only one I've seen is Get Shorty.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies About Movie Making and the Hollywood Scene? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.