Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:32:31 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How geeky are you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: How geeky are you?  (Read 26557 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 31, 2007, 07:33:42 AM »

Well, maybe not a game as such, but hey, it's something to pass the time!

After reading some of that 'what do you collect' thread, I got to thinking about those of us who spend our time on the internerd.  So I figured, why not get to know your fellow board members' darker sides.  Their geekier/nerdier side.

Sure some are obvious, but how about we all get to know some of our embarrassing quirks/little things that make us tic.

Basically I want to hear about your nerdier moments.  I know you have them!  Maybe something we don't know, or maybe elaborate on something we already know!

I'll start it off:

I'm geeky because I quoted part of Bilbo Baggins' speech from Fellowship of the Ring as part of my thank you for my 21st. 

I think I confused some people...

Buggedout

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

They say I look like Bill Gates

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »

I'm geeky because I make stupid science or computer related geeky jokes all the time.  There's other reasons, too, but that's the one I'll share.   Twirling

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:17:28 PM »

I'm not too sure about geeky, but I have a very embarrassing querk....BIG BLACK FLYING BUGS. I love being outside and doing yard work. I know my neighbors think I have fits at various times. I'll just be working around the yard, watering (a very relaxing job) and all of the sudden I'll start running around, arms waving around like a spase, screaming and laughing at the same time because I know I must look funny and nobody else can see the GIGANTIC,FLYING,BLACK,BUG, that sounds like a B-52 in my face. Many times I have come running into the house screaming and laughing afraid to go back out because I KNOW THAT THING IS OUT TO GET MEEEEEEE.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »

I have been doing my best to keep my children from being afraid of wildlife, including insects and spiders.  We often get spiders in the house and I catch them with a VHS slipcase and put them outside.  Jenna has done it a few times (she will be 4 in April).

However, last week we had a very large wolf spider in the house while I was at work.  Katie says it was as large as the big spider (either a fishing spider or thin-legged wolf spider) that we found in GA.  It was on the outside of the screen and Katie put her hand on the inside.  Its legs covered her palm palm.  Anyway, the kids were scared of such a large spider - Katie had to put it outside.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »

I have been doing my best to keep my children from being afraid of wildlife, including insects and spiders.  We often get spiders in the house and I catch them with a VHS slipcase and put them outside.  Jenna has done it a few times (she will be 4 in April).

We do something similar - spiders get set outside.  About the only small creature my daughter cannot stand is ants - she's been bitten a few too many times (our red ants here leave good welts, as well as hurt for about two days).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »

My brain is big repository of trivial knowledge and memories that only come out when some unlucky person actually acts interested. Some times I even catch myself wondering how hell I know this stuff.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »

My brain is big repository of trivial knowledge and memories that only come out when some unlucky person actually acts interested. Some times I even catch myself wondering how hell I know this stuff.

You and Dennis ( sorry honey) would get along great....he has the same problem..Ha... BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:55:10 PM by Poogie » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

If its cold when I'm walking to college, I sing whatever I'm listening to to keep warm..

I don't know if thats Geeky or crazy but thats all I can think about at the moment.  Twirling

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

raj

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:21:23 PM »

I'm pretty good at Trivial Pursuit (The Original Series).

I once migrated my old library's website from a Windows NT webserver to Red Hat Linux (version 4.x, IIRC).  I think that counts as geeky.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »

I read books about ufo's.I mean LOTS of them.I sit on the back porch at nite in the summer with the radio on and look at the sky with binoculars.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »

TAKE THE GEEK TEST

Susan posted this test here in 2004 and if I remember correctly, quite a few people took it.
You'll want to take version 3.1.

Post your results here.   Smile
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »

I'm so geeky that the onyl songs I know are the themes to Willard, Horror High, Fright Night, and Dr. Phibes Rises Again. And when the school said I sucked, I had to recite all Dr. Wily's robot masters for the talent show!

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

Ashthecat...I took the 5 hour geek test and got 5.26 something score, I'm a poser....No geek for me...just an everyday dumb,dumb....  BounceGiggle

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Took the test again.  I had done so a few years ago when Susan posted it.

Score:

60.55227% - Extreme Geek

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How geeky are you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.