Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:07 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How geeky are you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: How geeky are you?  (Read 26541 times)
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 07:19:22 PM »

Took the test again.  I had done so a few years ago when Susan posted it.

Score:

60.55227% - Extreme Geek

So that means it probably only took you 15 or 20 minutes.he.he..he...  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

I took the 3.1 and got:

8.48126% - Poser

WTF I'm NORMAL. That doesn't seem right.  Twirling

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »

I'm just a Major Geek with a lowly 37.67258%

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

When I took this test 3-4 years ago, I scored very low and had "geekish tendancies".
It seems my geekiness has advanced with age.

15.18738% - Geek   Buggedout
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:40:13 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 05:52:34 AM »

23.27416% - Geek

Which is probably down from the past. Still a recovering fanboy, not a former one I guess. OTOH, some of the things I clicked on are past tense and wouldn't apply now, like TV shows I watch.

I have a Rubik's Cube only because my mom saved one and put it in a jar with lots of other items from my childhood and gave it to me recently, I didn't own one for roughly twenty years, haven't touched this one actually.

Then again, if I had a dollar for everytime someone has said I should try out for Jeopardy, I wouldn't need the prize money. Plus when the girl I I've been hanging out with a bunch lately told me it was too bad I didn't play chess, I was genuinely disappointed and wished I had the patience to learn when I was younger. All my life people have said I "have" to play chess, they are certain I play and just lie about it to mess with them.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 07:25:39 AM »

I gotta 22,so I'm just a run of the mill geek.I'm more of a BAD MOVIE/horror film geek,more than anything.Does owning more books and magazines than CD's count? I have TONS of books,almost 98% non fiction. Half of them horror movie reference books,ufos,true crime,and cryptozoology,as wll as tons of crossword puzzle books.And HP Lovecraft is one of my favorite authrs,along with Robert Heinlan.And I wear a wore out courdaroy jacket every day to work.And a fishing hate with a Dead Kennedys pin on it and....plastic black framed glasses with non-tinted lenses! I didn't realize what a dork I really am untill just now...I think I'll go kill myself now.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 07:44:35 AM »

Cheer up RC!

By the way Yaddo...you don't know how to play Chess?
I do, but I'm not very good at it.

Usually, I have a lot of patience when it comes to games and gaming in general and will even compliment the opposing player if he or she makes a good move.
But there's just something about Chess that really sets me off when I lose or even know that I'm probably going to lose.
I can't explian it.
No other game makes me more angry than when I lose at Chess.  
I think that's why I avoid playing it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:50:26 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

I got the following from that test:

30. 96647% - Total Geek.

Was surprised I didn't score higher.

I've been called a geek for knowing more about B movies, classic movies and sci-fi, fantasy and horror films in general than most people I attended classes with from low school through college. Also because I constantly read comic books, Wizard and other comic book magazines, Science Fiction magazines including those that published short stories and more of the same. And because I knew more about pro wrestling at one time than anyone else I went to school with and wasn't in the least bit ashamed of that (I would be given today's wrestling though). Also because I said I was open to the possibility that UFOs might have some basis in reality and because I believe in ghosts from personal experience. 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:05:30 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »

I took the test. On the lower end of the Geek scale. 10.45365% Geekish tendencies.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »

Also because I said I was open to the possibility that UFOs might have some basis in reality and because I believe in ghosts from personal experience. 

JaseSF

Alot of people are open to the possibility that UFO'S might have some basis in reality and believe in ghosts. Can you tell the story of the ghost or is it too personal? I haven't seen ghosts but I live in my grandmothers house and alot of times I can smell her perfume, now I feel a little nuts writing this, but too bad, it's true. My daughter has also smelt it. It's very strange. Also my grandmother told me,when she was still alive that she saw my grandfather sitting on the bed as clear as day and he had been gone (not alive) for a couple of months. She has been gone since 1984 and still this happens. Not my grandfather sitting on the bed but the perfume. Buggedout
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:46:55 PM by Poogie » Logged

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »

I'm pretty geeky because today when i got to school, i went outside to the court (not basket ball related. its just a huge, concrete slab that is underneath a catwalk) and etched with my feet the words "DONT PANIC" into the snow on the ground in reeely big letters. Since this morning Ive been asked about 2 dozen times what it means and why the hell i did it.

I think i would be clasified more as a "nerd" as oposed to a geek.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:57:04 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
raj

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »

I scored 33.53057% - Total Geek.  But I think that is a bit low, in addition to having multiple Rubik's Cubes -two block, three block and four block ones, I also have a Rubik's cube calendar (change the date dealie).
That should be extra points.

And why couldn't I cut (ctrl c) & paste (ctlr v) the score?

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »

I don't like to talk about the ghostly event because to be honest, I don't want to risk ever seeing it again.  I know that perhaps sounds crazy but I have this weird feeling discussing it will somehow stir it up again. 

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 06:33:25 PM »

I don't like to talk about the ghostly event because to be honest, I don't want to risk ever seeing it again.  I know that perhaps sounds crazy but I have this weird feeling discussing it will somehow stir it up again. 

I understand...it's okay...... Smile

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »

I'm pretty geeky because today when i got to school, i went outside to the court (not basket ball related. its just a huge, concrete slab that is underneath a catwalk) and etched with my feet the words "DONT PANIC" into the snow on the ground in reeely big letters. Since this morning Ive been asked about 2 dozen times what it means and why the hell i did it.

I think i would be clasified more as a "nerd" as oposed to a geek.

Awesome.

I often make jokes about 42.  Nobody ever seems to get them.  Also, saying "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish" when leaving somewhere always leads to a lot of questions.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How geeky are you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.