Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:57:11 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! The Marine! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! The Marine!  (Read 2018 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: February 04, 2007, 02:31:43 AM »

I'm a Marine (Former), Andrew is a Marine (Active), there might be others out there in bad movie land too.

I'm watching this movie "The Marine" not 5 minutes into the movie there are 2 major goofs I saw ... 1. He is wearing a ARMY cover ... an ARMY cover!! That is beyond sinful, someone gonna smoke a turd in hell for that one. 2. The officer salute the enlisted guy first ... wrong unless he has the CMOH which he doesn't and he's out of uniform no cover outside, wear is your cover Marine? And he's discharged for saving lives of comrads, which required him to not follow orders ... right like that wouldn't be over looked in the real world. Tripe I tell you!

FYI A "cover" is a hat, but it's not called a "hat" it's a cover .... it covers your head, it doesn't hat it.

Update: How in the hell does some shot a car at fairly close range with an M203 Grenade launcher and and it send a car up into the air about 20 feet with a MASSIVE fireball ... must be a new type of round. The fireball the car into the air round.

Being blown backwards in a huge fireball (They seem to like those) does not cause burns or singe hair.

Additionally a cop car can be shot roughly 100,000 times to the hood with no engine damage.

Flat tires magically fix themself.

Cop strike up friendly conversations at gas pumps.

Money is called to still to this day as "dough"

South Carolina swamps have Boa Constrictors (I did not know that.)

South Carolina looks a lot like Australia ... which is where it was filmed.

Oh look it's a gaint fireball ...

Ditto ...

Ditto ...

This film must hold the record for the most needless fireballs.

Chainsaws start on the first pull ... (Not any one I've ever owned and that's been a few.)

oooh ... another ball of fire.

WHAT?! This guys not dead yet? Please!

The End.

Skip it. The Marines should sue for character assassination.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 04:07:22 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »

I'm desperatly trying to get this one from Netflix.  I'm not a marine, don't care for wrestling that much, but Kelly Carlson is quite delicious.  (that's for you Ash)

It just looks like a big dumb action flick, the type which I never fail to enjoy. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 10:31:59 AM »

I'm desperatly trying to get this one from Netflix.  I'm not a marine, don't care for wrestling that much, but Kelly Carlson is quite delicious.  (that's for you Ash)

It just looks like a big dumb action flick, the type which I never fail to enjoy. 

It's a big dumb action flick alright, don't expect to much and you should be fine.

There was one really dumb line though ... actually many dumb lines. But this was an attemp to be cleverly funny.

Watch for it ...
Rome (Robert Patrick) who played the T-1000 in Terminator 2 said when the "Marine" kept coming "Who is this guy The Terminator?"  It was a attempt to be funny but it just seemed tossed in to be and out of place.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »

I've been noticing things like this for years, movie makers have always seemed to have their own version of reality or else they think we're all as ignorant as they are. While I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a certain extent some movies are really hard to swallow. I think that a lot of the authenticity in a film is in the small details, I'm willing to bet that the wardrobe person (if that's what they're called) either didn't know the difference between the two covers or thought the Army cover was better looking. Hollywood has been screwing up these things for years, and when I see them it detracts from the quality of the film I'm watching, occasionally to the point of not watching the rest of the movie. I feel that if a movie is about, or deals with real events, people or organizations then the details should also be real and correct.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »

I've been noticing things like this for years, movie makers have always seemed to have their own version of reality or else they think we're all as ignorant as they are. While I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a certain extent some movies are really hard to swallow. I think that a lot of the authenticity in a film is in the small details, I'm willing to bet that the wardrobe person (if that's what they're called) either didn't know the difference between the two covers or thought the Army cover was better looking. Hollywood has been screwing up these things for years, and when I see them it detracts from the quality of the film I'm watching, occasionally to the point of not watching the rest of the movie. I feel that if a movie is about, or deals with real events, people or organizations then the details should also be real and correct.

Well if you've had the misfortune of listening to any of these Hollyweird nitwits you can tell that they feel they are on own private planet were reality is optional. The hell with if us "little people" think it's wrong they will be there to tell us we are the fools and they are right. Most of them need to be reeled in or shown the door (ah la Tom Cruise and Sony sending him packing)
I perfer actors like Al Pacino or Kevin Spacey, you never hear them telling the world there way is best, they make movies and shut up.
Little to no effort is put into plausible plots, attention to detail, and proper clothes or equipment in the proper era. If you watch films based in history be by all means know NOTHING about history or your just roll your eyes at what they are trying to pass of as quality work. I don't taking a few liberties for a better story but when you take so many it becomes comical then it's time to rethink what you are doing.
One would think that the geniuses in Hollyweird could look at any movie on IMDB and look at the goofs listed, and realise that you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time (Thanks Abe for that one)

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »

I haven't seen the movie, but I was a squid and very familiar with Marine and Naval uniforms. I'm actually kinda anal about that stuff.  It always kills me when they show Marines or Sailors saluting people indoors and coverless.

When I was in the Navy in the 70's I was home on leave once with my older brother who was a Chief Petty Officer. We went to a local Air Force base to get paid and while we were walking up to the building an Air Force Master Sergeant saluted my brother. Ignorance about the military doesn't only exist in Hollywood.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »

I haven't seen the movie, but I was a squid and very familiar with Marine and Naval uniforms. I'm actually kinda anal about that stuff.  It always kills me when they show Marines or Sailors saluting people indoors and coverless.

When I was in the Navy in the 70's I was home on leave once with my older brother who was a Chief Petty Officer. We went to a local Air Force base to get paid and while we were walking up to the building an Air Force Master Sergeant saluted my brother. Ignorance about the military doesn't only exist in Hollywood.

Ah .. that was the Air Force, not really the military LOL. I taught a survival class at a AFB to mostly AF guys. I swear I taught my head was going to explode, don't get me wrong great group of people needed in the services. But talk about culture shock going from Onslow Beach Recon Unit to train some AF guys that well by comparison live the life of luxury.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! The Marine! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.