Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:38:46 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board  (Read 122470 times)
316zombie
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »

it's very satisfying,to be able to help,i do this on ebay alot too!
BmasterKidHoek
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

Hi! I'm new, not new to B but new to Bad movies .org forum., ya know, type of thing!
I'd like to help. answer any questions. Clips, names,scene's, you name it.
I'm the Warner Bros. family! .. . .. .sound studio, oh ya.. .. ... ..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:41:21 PM by BmasterKidHoek » Logged

Far from here, A minute away, Hell school, The last day, Rich kids, Jawb, Cop killer..................................93 more titles.......
blacklisted
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 01:55:17 AM »

what about a getting there part where movies that have been looked at and people tried but no success and are getting close it would allow you to weed the older posts out and still let people see what people guess with no success thats my suggestion
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »

what about a getting there part where movies that have been looked at and people tried but no success and are getting close it would allow you to weed the older posts out and still let people see what people guess with no success thats my suggestion

As films are solved (and after the OP hopefully acknowledges) they are moved to the Solved sub-board.  Films that go for a long time without a solution are moved to the Unsolved Archives.  I do need to do some housekeeping there, but that is the current system - and I am afraid that I believe it is already complex enough.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
johndino16
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »

Andrew, it appears to me which the child board tip sounds like the most dependable option to maintain some kind of easily searchable variety of both resolves as well as unsolved queries.
Marking the subject line would still allow older, unsolved threads to fall away of view.  I'm presuming which each user can move their particular threads from a deck to some other?  Or perhaps, is this anything the mods/you would have to do?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »

Andrew, it appears to me which the child board tip sounds like the most dependable option to maintain some kind of easily searchable variety of both resolves as well as unsolved queries.
Marking the subject line would still allow older, unsolved threads to fall away of view.  I'm presuming which each user can move their particular threads from a deck to some other?  Or perhaps, is this anything the mods/you would have to do?

Unfortunately, until someone has a fair number of posts they cannot modify their posts.  It turned out to be a favorite tactic for spammers - create an innocent post, leave it for a while (even months) and then go back to edit it to add spam links.  I was not able to find a function or mod for the forum that helped mitigate that.

Doing quite a bit of housekeeping to this part of the forum, moving solved threads to solved and unsolved ones to the unsolved archives, is on my list of things to do.  Not going to happen until at least August based on my current duties, but I do try to work through ten or twenty now and then just to make some headway.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
44mikel
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 12:25:54 AM »

I'm new here so hope this is where and how i post.What is the name of the movie about a very small(inches high,space cop i think)who comes to earth chaseing crimals from his planet?Earth people are regular size,but this spaceman is little,very little.
Thanks in advance,44mikel 
44mikel
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 12:31:11 AM »

WOW,i don't think NEW posts should be listed LAST,cause nobody is EVER gonna read mine and maybe get back to me with an answer.What a STUPID way to add NEW post,DEAD LAST!!!! And what a waste of my time!I'm off this site now,for good! RATE U a 0 out of 0
44mikel
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »

WOW,i don't think NEW posts should be listed LAST,cause nobody is EVER gonna read mine and maybe get back to me with an answer.What a STUPID way to add NEW post,DEAD LAST!!!! And what a waste of my time!I'm off this site now,for good! RATE U a 0 out of 0
44mikel

Yikes  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 01:37:55 AM »

I have no clue what that guy is even talking about. 

And isn't a 0 out of 0 the highest possible score somebody could get according to your scale? 

If it was 0 out of 10 or something, that might actually be a bad thing.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:28 AM »

I have no clue what that guy is even talking about. 

Neither do I.  Question

I was going to see if I could find something and then I thought, nahh, why bother.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
johnnyhigh
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »

Hey guys, I am new here but just wanted to ask if anyone knows what was the name of one movie. I can tell you the plot and perhaps some of you may help by recognizing the movie by the description:
The plot to me is a bit blurry since I watched it over 4 years ago, but it`s about 2 guys and 2 girls who fight off some bad guys on what I believe is either an island or a laguna or somethint tropical. of course everything makes no sense and my dead dog could act better, but whatever... So I can`t remember what the guys looked like, all I know is that they were buff and the girls were some hotties with big boobs, one had brown hair and the other had blond hair. I believe the blonde took care of bad guys by some RC cars or something and the other I can`t remember. By the fashion in the movie I would say it was shot between the 80s and 90s although it might be in like 2000 or something like that. I can even help with the two words of the title, for which I cannot guarantee it`s true, but I think it starts with "Welcome to..." the rest might be the name of the laguna or island, but once again, I`m not sure. If someone could help me I`d appreciate it very much, sorry if there were spelling mistakes, I am not a native speaker of English.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 02:34:36 PM »

Look up HARD TICKET TO HAWAII.  It might be what you're looking for even if it doesn't start with WELCOME TO..  ..And just for your information, this thread here is about questions and concerns and whatnot with the "What Was That Film" thread.  You'll want to post actual WWTF queries on the original What Was That Film?  Thread.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
albert
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 12:35:04 AM »

Hello  , anybody knows da movie where da big frog enters the roof at the end?  hot

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »

44mikel

Yer movie is DOLLMAN (1991),ya bloody twit.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Maintaining the "What Was That Film?" Board « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.