Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:53:18 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ghostbusters 3?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3?!  (Read 14632 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: February 04, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »

Was glancing at www.creature-corner.com and saw a bit of news that "Ghostbusters III" may become a reality, and may also be a fully CGI film. From what I gathered, the film will be called "Ghostbusters: Hellbent" and it seems that Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd have shown interest in the project. I've always loved the first "Ghostbusters" movie and the sequel was ok in my book too. And "Evolution" (which was originally going to be the third Ghostbusters movie) was a fun little flick too, even if its climax mirrored the end of "Ghostbusters." (Giant creature threatens city/town and gets blown up by heroes at the end, only to douse everyone in goo and slime. Except in "Evolution" it was a giant amoeba-thing and not the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.)

I hope this goes through because I'd like to see the 'Busters back in action one last time.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 07:24:27 PM »

I too hope this falls through. I was huge Ghosbusters when I was little and have all the toys.

I wouldn't mind a fully CGI film if they use the voices of the actors that played in the other films.

Jordan did you every read the Ghostbusters comic by 88MPH studios? I never read it.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Masked_Maverick
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »

If they do release it I'll be there opening night. I love the Ghostbusters movies.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:18:26 AM »

I don' t know about a CGI sequel.  They're doing that with TMNT, and I wasn't too pleased by the trailer for that.  Of course, I'll wait and see how it turns out, but with Murray and Aykroyd on board, it would at least be interesting and worth checking out.  Let's hope it actually happens.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:26:51 AM »

im with joe the destroyer, i dont think id dig an all cgi film for ghostbusters, the tmnt looks weak in terms of animation. i would love GB3 though im all for it.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »

Rich, I never knew there was  Ghostbusters comic book series! I'm going to have to track that down!

Joe, I wasn't too big on the look and style of the new TMNT CGI flick, but after seeing the trailer a few times, I'm sort of looking forward to it. I was a huge Turtles fan back in the day and I think this new one will be pretty good because A) Kevin Eastman, the creator of the Turtles and Julie Strain's hubby wrote the story and B) this film ignores Turtles III completely!

Sort of getting back on topic though, how many of you guys religiously watched "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon every Saturday morning?

-----
The Vault Master
-----
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »

Rich, I never knew there was  Ghostbusters comic book series! I'm going to have to track that down!

Joe, I wasn't too big on the look and style of the new TMNT CGI flick, but after seeing the trailer a few times, I'm sort of looking forward to it. I was a huge Turtles fan back in the day and I think this new one will be pretty good because A) Kevin Eastman, the creator of the Turtles and Julie Strain's hubby wrote the story and B) this film ignores Turtles III completely!

Sort of getting back on topic though, how many of you guys religiously watched "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon every Saturday morning?

I used to love the cartoon. Never missed a epsiode. Theres two epsidoes on the Ghostbuters 2 dvd but its not enough.

Did anyone catch the" New" Ghosbusters that came out around 1999? It had a Goth girl, A Spanish guy and a Black guy in a wheelchair and lead by Spengler?

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 12:40:38 AM »

Yes, I watched those episodes and they were too cool. If I'm not mistaken, some other episodes are available on DVD now. I think they're just "best of" compilations with a handful of episodes, but it'd be nice to pick up the whole series, one season at a time.

Never did see that "New" Ghostbusters cartoon. Probably because it was so radically different from the original series.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 07:25:58 AM »

Once upon a time I would have been all for another Ghostbusters flick, even if I thought the second one was weak. But it's been so long since the last one, let it go.

I loved the cartoon, especially the early episodes, the right mix of comedy to Saturday morning cartoon action, it was one of the few cartoons my younger sister could agree on at a time we had nothing in common tastewise.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the quality of a CGI Ghostbusters film just because on Murray and Ackroyd being attached. Ackroyd's best work lately has been in dramatic roles and in small roles in films like Bright Young Things. Bill Murray and CGI: remember there were two Garfield films he lent his voice to for big fat paychecks.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ghostbusters 3?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.