Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:54:08 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Andy Dick Forcibly Removed from Talk Show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Andy Dick Forcibly Removed from Talk Show  (Read 11402 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: February 05, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

Comedian Andy Dick was forcibly removed by security during an appearance on US talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live last Friday night, after repeatedly touching guest Ivanka Trump without her permission. Trump, the daughter of real estate mogul Donald Trump, was attempting to promote her reality show The Apprentice, when Dick kept interrupting her with rude comments. The troubled comedian repeatedly rubbed Trump's legs and touched her hair, while Kimmel begged him to behave himself. When Dick asked Trump to "give him a big, fat, sloppy wet kiss right on the lips" and grabbed her arm, Kimmel called in two security guards. The talk show host carried Dick's feet and helped the guards drag him out of the studio. Trump was a good sport after the incident telling Kimmel, "That was brilliant. See, that was a much more entertaining segment. I could sit here and talk to you about the buildings I'm building in Chicago and Las Vegas, but I'm sure you'd much prefer to see Andy Dick actually forcefully removed from a stage."

Sorce - http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-02-05/

What a dipsh!t... but then again I'd grope Ivanka Trump

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:33:38 PM »

Considering that Kimmel must have a fairly high tolerance for stupidity, this is surprising.  I have given up on "famous" people having much common sense at all.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »

Anybody remember the stunts Andy Kaufman would pull?

Was it the show Fridays where he throws water on the cameraman and a free for all brawl breaks out live on camera? Some claim that it was planned.

The appearance of him and Jerry Lawler on Late Night with David Letterman where Jerry convenient smacks the hell out of Andy just as they are going into commercial break.

I wonder what the chance is that Andy Dick's behavior was a setup.
raj

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »

Apparently his real last name is Dick (via adoption).  His IMDB entry has this cheerful nugget:

"He considered himself very close friends with David Strickland, Phil Hartman, and Chris Farley. Farley died from an accidental overdose in 1997, Hartman was murdered in 1998 by his wife who then killed herself, and Strickland committed suicide in 1999"

Um, maybe you don't want to be Andy's friend.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:15:28 PM »

Anybody remember the stunts Andy Kaufman would pull?

Was it the show Fridays where he throws water on the cameraman and a free for all brawl breaks out live on camera? Some claim that it was planned.

The appearance of him and Jerry Lawler on Late Night with David Letterman where Jerry convenient smacks the hell out of Andy just as they are going into commercial break.

I wonder what the chance is that Andy Dick's behavior was a setup.

After Kaufman died Jerry Lawler went on record as that was all a big setup on Letterman, he and Andy where the only 2 that knew about it at the time catching Letterman completely off guard. Some time ago I saw a Biography show where it said nearly all of his stunts where planned ahead.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:29 PM »

Didn't Bobcat Goldwaith and Crispen Glover pull some crap on talk shows as well?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:10:23 AM »

Me and my useless trivia info:

Bobcat Goldthwait set a chair on fire on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He eventually had to do some PSAs about fire safety. Not sure if he was charged with anything, or if he did the PSAs as part of a plea bargain to avoid charges.

Crispin Glover did some martial arts style moves on Letterman's show without letting Dave or the producers know he was planning to. Letterman was reportedly freaked out and unhappy since some kicks were near his head. There were rumors Glover was on something, but he's weird enough without drugs.

Kaufman was allowed to go off script when he appeared on Fridays, but the cast was not told. There is a famous clip of Michael Richards getting sick of Andy's antics and walking off to grab a script and slapping it down in front of Kaufman. Kaufman got into a staged argument with the director (who was in on it), threw water on him, and got in a fight.

I saw the Lawler/Kaufman incident on Letterman with my mom when we were watching TV late while on a vacation, can't remember what state we were in. As yes it was staged too.

Steve-O of Jackass fame broke a glass table with his foot during a drunken appearance on a really lame talk show hosted by Adam Carrolla on Comedy Central a couple of years ago. Considering Adam's reaction, it wasn't staged.

I didn't see the Kimmel show incident, but considering Dick's history of drug and alcohol problems, I'm thinking it wasn't staged. It's possible considering his style of comedy, but I doubt it. I love his work on NewsRadio, Andy Dick needs some serious help before he winds up as dead as his friends. Kimmel should consider himself lucky Dick didn't try to grope him instead.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:18 AM »

I love/hate Andy Dick's style of humor.
There have been times when he made me laugh.
Like the time he appeared as Spock during William Shatner's roast.

And there have been other times where I found him downright offensive and not in any way funny.
Disturbing actually.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:08:26 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »

Andy is one of those very odd people that is going to end up really big, or have a really big fall from grace. At times I watch him and think he is really funny, then there are times I watch him and think "that boy has issues"

I don't remember where I saw it, but was going up to people and grabbing their heads and licking them on the side of the face. I think I would have punched him.

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »

Was her hand broken? ..Why didn't she slappa hisa face-a?  Question

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 03:42:11 AM »

I finally got a chance to watch the clip of him being removed from the show.
I think you'll agree with me that it looks totally staged.

WATCH THE CLIP Small | Large
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:26:55 PM »

I agree it looked staged and he might of also had a couple of drinks..oops. And she did give him a little slap, but nothing to write home about.   Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »

Crispin Glover did some martial arts style moves on Letterman's show without letting Dave or the producers know he was planning to. Letterman was reportedly freaked out and unhappy since some kicks were near his head. There were rumors Glover was on something, but he's weird enough without drugs.

Small | Large

From what I gather, he was acting as a character from a movie of his.  I have no idea what the real him is like, as he is always odd.  How of it is really him and how much persona?  I'd guess we'll probably never really know.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Andy Dick Forcibly Removed from Talk Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.