Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Press Release: The Ocean « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Press Release: The Ocean  (Read 6097 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 05, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »

Dante Tomaselli to Make Waves With Kindred Spirits

Jeffrey D. Erb and Joe Nicolo of Kindred Media Group Sign on to Produce The Ocean

February 6, 2007, West Hollywood, CA – Kindred Media Group announced today that Jeffrey D. Erb and Joe Nicolo have signed on to produce “The Ocean” written and to be directed by Dante Tomaselli.  The Ocean will be the sixth film in Kindred’s production slate.

Dante Tomaselli is known for his success as a cult-horror phenomenon. The Ocean will be his fourth feature film, following up the well-received “Satan’s Playground” distributed by Anchor Bay, “Horror”, distributed by Elite Entertainment, and “Desecration” distributed by Image Entertainment. Tomaselli’s work has garnered rave reviews in the horror and cult press, and critical praise in the industry trades.

Set to begin production in Puerto Rico in late Spring of 2007 and being recast by Kindred, “The Ocean” is a tale of creeping terror that centers on a psychic who travels to Puerto Rico to be with her estranged family after the drowning deaths of her daughter's husband and son. Upon arriving, the psychic begins receiving frightening premonitions as the ocean continues to claim more victims.

Dante Tomaselli said, “It's a movie about killer waves and the cleansing of the earth's sins...It's about the end of the world...God's wrath...the ocean itself revolting. There's a deadly Ebola-like virus spreading along a coastal community. The Ocean is an apocalyptic horror film with the story of a shattered family in deep psychic pain at the core. I’m excited to have Kindred behind the production of my next feature."

Joe Nicolo said, “We're very excited to be a part of what surely will be Dante's breakout film. With the right support, there's no limit to what Dante Tomaselli can do."

Jeffrey D. Erb, President of Kindred Media Group said, “We’re very excited to be producing “The Ocean” and to be working with Dante. We’re looking forward to stepping up the production value and making this a breakout picture for Dante.”

Deal was negotiated by Jeffrey D. Erb and Joe Nicolo for Kindred, with Dante Tomaselli.

About Kindred Media Group:

Founded in 2004, with offices in West Hollywood and Pennsylvania, Kindred Media Group is a film production and distribution company that enables film makers to reach a wide audience both domestically and internationally. In 2006, Kindred produced four films and distributed four additional films. Kindred's focus extends to films that are both large studio productions as well as small independent productions, the key ingredient being quality. The company distributes all genres of film, large or specialized releases, with broad or niche audiences, theatrically, through home video, and television programming.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

I've been waiting for quite some time to hear about this flick.  Horror was something else, and I haven't seen Satan's Playground yet, but I'd really like to once I actually have some more spending cash.
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 04:04:41 PM »

I saw Satan's Playground and didn't like it. Found it boring and tedious. When the main charater is running throught the forest and it what feels like (and almost is) 5 mintues of scene of her running we have a problem.

And it happens 3 or 4 times in the movie so it just like 15 mintues of running.  hot Drink
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 04:08:34 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Press Release: The Ocean « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.