Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:24:50 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you want for breakfast? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What do you want for breakfast?  (Read 17180 times)
Menard
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:56:04 AM »

A crisp cool morning, snow on the ground, a cupboard filled with all the things I would like for breakfast; too bad that last part wasn't true as I find myself sitting down to a luxurious bowl of oatmeal. Not that I don't like oatmeal, I actually love it, but I find myself thinking about other foods this morning; oatmeal is just a whole lot cheaper.

My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I would like to have a plate of pancakes, eggs (scrambled, fried, omelet; I don't care, I'll take them all), hash browns or some kind of potatoes, and some soy sausage (I am a vegetarian). I would have veggie bacon, I love the stuff, but it is a pain to crisp it right.

Biscuits and gravy; now that is a meal unto itself. When I was a kid, and before I became a vegetarian, I loved crisp bacon (take whatever you want, I'll take the whole plate of bacon). When I would stay with my grandparents on an occasional visit, my grandfather would get up in the morning and fry up a skillet of bacon and sausage (I didn't care for sausage then; too gristly for me). When he finished with the bacon and sausage, he would make a skillet of gravy to go with the biscuits he just popped into the oven. Eggs were on the agenda too. Breakfast at my grandparent's house was the best breakfast.

Alas, I have oatmeal this morning. That's fine by me, but I'll be thinking of something else as well.

What do you want for breakfast?
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »

I'm not much of a morning person, and would love the time to make myself the perfect breakfast, but that doesn't happen often so I usually eat some plain cereal. 

But ask me the ideal homemade, and it's an omlette with a good amount of cheese, bacon on two pieces of toast.  Or the "Replete Breakfast" at this nice cafe joint down the street [they have an awesome breakfast menu: perfect for those lazy sunday mornings]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:18 AM »

Orange juice, coffee, ham and cheese omelet, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, of course if my doctor found out about this breakfast she'd really give me hell, but as I've said, man does not live by low cholesterol diet alone.

(I only eat this stuff occasionally anymore, I like it but I also like not having a heart attack.)

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »

We took the day off, so we're headed out RIGHT NOW for a gravy breakfast at an old place downtown. Normally its cereal and coffee though.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »

Well Menard.

I had
Country Ham
Buttermilk Biscuts
Scrambled eggs cooked in real butter covered in cheese.
Hash Browns
and gravy
Washed down with a pot of coffee ...

EDITED BY ANDREW:  Perhaps I was not clear when I said the insults were over in the other thread.  If you want to debate something, then fair and good.  Any insults are just going to annoy me at this point.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:51:52 AM by Andrew » Logged

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 11:44:39 AM »

Well..........I make a pretty good omelet with egg, ham, cheese, and scallions. Always cooked everything with olive oil.

What I like to do is go to the diner once in a while. We have a diner that serves the "Godfather" omelet which has all  the ingredients of mine, but they make it extra spicy with hot peppers, and it comes with hash browns, big fat sausages, wheat toast, orange juice. My wife will get the pancakes and bacon and we will divide it all up, so we can both have a bit of everything. Good breakfast.  Thumbup

I also make a nice Philippine "Eggplant" its eggplant baked for 40 minutes in the oven then mash it like a potato then cook it again in a frying pan with scrambled eggs on top of the mashed eggplant. Add a little salt.  Wow ! ! !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:00:45 PM by Scott » Logged

Menard
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »

EDITED BY ANDREW:  Perhaps I was not clear when I said the insults were over in the other thread.  If you want to debate something, then fair and good.  Any insults are just going to annoy me at this point.

I thought the remark was funny myself, not an insult. TongueOut
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »

Jeez, nobody mentioned grits. Actually my weekday breakfast usually consists of a bowl of oatmeal (with brown sugar, cinnamon, and tiny bit of butter), but my favorite breakfast is at IHOP. I usually have the three cheese and ham omlete and short stack on the side.  On the weekends my wife and I usually have pancakes with either sausage or bacon (we usually only get bacon when my son visits).

By the way Menard, I like the little addition to your avatar. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »

I thought the remark was funny myself, not an insult. TongueOut

It was suppose to be, I thought you'd take it in the light it was meant. I don't take things personally.
Sorry Andrew for the misunderstanding.

raj

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

I'd like a couple feet of snow -- so work gets cancelled and I get to go back to bed.

Normally I have a bowl of Cheerios (without milk, thank you very much) and tea with honey.  What would be nice on the weekends is to have a real New York bagel (poppy seed) with cream cheese, salmon and tomato.  And a pot of good coffee -- none of the flavored crap  Thumbdown

When the family gathers at Va. Beach for a week in August every year, mom makes pancakes or french toast for breakfast.  Mmmmm, homemade mommade breakfast. Smile
Menard
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »

Jeez, nobody mentioned grits.

You Arkansan..uh..Arkansawan...uh...oh..whatever they call you. TongueOut

As a kid, I didn't like grits, but I did kind of like them as I got older. Reminds me of two other breakfast foods that are just as nutritionally worthless, but taste great (seems to go together). I loved Cream of Wheat when I was a kid; I still like it. Another awesome favorite is a bowl of white rice; of course you have to add the milk, sugar and butter (lots and lots of butter).

Fits me to a tee. TeddyR
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

Fits me to a tee. TeddyR
[/quote]

I knew I should have copyrighted that. Damn!

Menard
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 02:14:58 PM »

Heh..heh; I liked the comeback. Thumbup

Did ya notice the Geeze's (my nickname for trekgeezer) avatar? That fits me to a tee as well. I somehow picture everybody screaming my name like that at least once; don't know why though. TeddyR
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »

Heh..heh; I liked the comeback. Thumbup

Did ya notice the Geeze's (my nickname for trekgeezer) avatar? That fits me to a tee as well. I somehow picture everybody screaming my name like that at least once; don't know why though. TeddyR

No problem, no charge.

Hey, if you can't get people thinking (good or bad) then what the point. My name is generally prefaced by an expletive.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »

Usually, I enjoy a cigarette & a few four-letter-words for breakfast, chased with a splash of stale coffee.
If I have time, I'll fix myself a hotdog, but I prefer finding some leftover pizza laying around.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you want for breakfast? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.