Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:37 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Cover/Poster Art for a film.. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favorite Cover/Poster Art for a film..  (Read 14406 times)
Capt_Scrummy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »

Seeing as I'm not really sure how to post an image, I'll just say that I really enjoy the DVD cover art for "Ice Cream Man."  Clint Howard looks like he's picking his nose.

Here's a link to the Amazon site if you want to see the art.

http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Cream-Man-Clint-Howard/dp/B0002T7YNA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-9334669-8595833?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1173567300&sr=8-1

soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »

Until seeing this poster point blank like this, it never occured to me that you've got TWO ornery second fiddles in there...Festus Haggen and Rosco P Coltrane!   Thumbup

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »

For myself it's this beauty...

I was nine when this sucker came out, the commercials were nothing short of horrific...I loved it.  I even got the Fangoria horror film postcard book that came out about that time!

The movie world between my 6th and 14th birthdays was like a delirious climax of the Silver Age of B-Movies.
MOTEL HELL, WITHOUT WARNING, BLOOD BEACH, UP FROM THE DEPTHS, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, PROPHECY(It's a B Movie dammit!), GRIZZLY, NIGHTWING, THE BOOGENS, HUMONGOUS, BUG, SQUIRM...I could go on all night, but I'm starting to make myself cry. Bluesad

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »

PROPHECY(It's a B Movie dammit!

Yep, that once one big, ugly bear. It's enough to make you lay off the mercury-flavored trout.

I must be slightly older, as my formative years were spent with the likes of Night of the Lepus, Frogs, It's Alive, Orca, The White Buffalo, Blacula, Count Yorga - Vampire, Planet of the Apes 3-5, SSSSSSS ("Hiss It, Don't Say It!"), The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (Hippies vs. werewolf!), Billy Jack, The Trial of Billy Jack, Walking Tall, etc. ad nauseum. I was lucky enough (movie wise) to grow up in a very small southern town with a down-on-its-luck movie theater, which played about every low budget horror and action film that came along in the early to mid 70's. We didn't get Star Wars, but by God we got Laserblast

Back on topic: Two of my favorite posters I saw outside of the "Beautiful Lake Theater".
God bless you, Bill Harris, where ever you are...

Everybody knows this one featured a terrific killer baby.
Not everybody knows the baby was designed by Rick Baker and the film score was by the legendary Bernard Herrmann.

This poster image actually appeared in animated form at the end of the film and swallowed the hand with aloud burp.
That's Entertainment!

BONUS!
I ran across this gem while looking for the Frogs poster. The poster doesn't see fit to mention it, but this one features Faster, p***ycat! Kill! Kill! star Tura Santana.

Move along.
Nothing to see here...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:08:28 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pilgermann

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 12:40:45 AM »

Holy cow, I love that Astro Zombies poster!

Torgo

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flangepart

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »

Umm actually it predates ATOMIC SUBMARINE. Definite sexual connotations in so much of the poster work from this era and in the old sci-fi magazines too...a one-eyed monster terrorizing a scantilly clad woman Buggedout BounceGiggle TeddyR

MONSTER FROM THE OCEAN FLOOR is Corman's first producing effort.  I've reviewed it for Scifilm. Actually I've reviewed ATOMIC SUBMARINE over there too.
Predates ATOMIC SUBMARINE? Hummm...maby they took this for the inspration for their wee beastie.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Cover/Poster Art for a film.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.