Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:08:32 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Wolfman RE-Make news... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wolfman RE-Make news...  (Read 10537 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« on: February 08, 2007, 05:30:05 AM »

The Hollywood Reporter writes:

Director Mark Romanek has been hired to bring "The Wolfman" to the big screen. Scott Stuber and Mary Parent are producing the remake of the classic Universal Studios monster, which has Benicio Del Toro attached to star. Del Toro also is on board as a producer with Rick Yorn.

The movie will hew to the period pedigree of the 1941 original, in which a man returns from the U.S. to his ancestral home in Victorian-era Great Britain, gets bitten by a werewolf and begins a hairy moonlight existence.

Andrew Kevin Walker wrote the screenplay.

A fall start is being planned.

"Mark has a great love and knowledge of film," Stuber said. "He's a great and authentic storyteller. He looks for the truth in the characters, the scenes and in the set design. It's going to be exciting to see what he brings to the horror genre."

Music video helmer Romanek, who directed the Weezer video "El Scorcho" and Johnny Cash's "Trust," wrote and directed "One Hour Photo." He is repped by Endeavor and Anonymous Content.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:49:55 AM »

I hope it's better than WOLF,because(sorry Jack) that movie sucked.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 06:52:52 AM »

no no no no, you con't remake a classic you'll ruin it with cgi all that stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »

sweet choice for the lead though, i think bencio will be awsome. time will tell if this flick is anygood though.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »

Honestly, I don't think they'll ruin it with CGI, at least not if they're smart.  I'll give it a chance.
R-T-C Tim
Dedicated Viewer

Franco Nero's conscience

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:49:20 AM »

Just because it has the same title doesn't mean it will be a remake - and afterall, most werewolf movies take the same basic plot.

Mondo Esoterica - Cult and obscure DVD reviews from Nosferatu to Black Emanuelle
Please note: Reviews are fully illustrated and may often be NSFW
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 05:53:14 AM »

I hadn't read this before posting in the 2008 topic. Del Toro could be interesting in the role, he has the chops.

Wonder if they'll leave out or re-work the gypsy element, different times/PC Hollywood and all.

Not sure if Romanek's "love" for the original is a good sign or not. Remember how much Stephen Sommers "loved" the all Universal monsters and their films. And he gave us Van Helsing.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

At least it isn't Peter Jackson. I'd choke on my own vomit before seeing him wreck another classic (as if him wrecking Rings and Kong wasn't enough).

why the harsh words? while a little long for my taste, the rigs trilogy and king kong are great movies. while you may not like them you should still be able to appreciate the filmaking.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Wolfman RE-Make news... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.