Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:12:57 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Giant Killer Worm (NOT TREMORS) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Giant Killer Worm (NOT TREMORS)  (Read 44710 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« on: February 08, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »

A few years ago, around '97 or '98, me and my dad were watching this movie on Tv. It was about these people in the desert being attacked by this huge blue CGI worm monster. It kind of looks like the head of the T-Rex from Jurassic Park on a Graboid's body. I can only remember two scenes:

1: Three people (two men and a woman, all looking to be just under 35 years of age) are standing around talking, then the monster comes after them (all we see of it right now is a lump in the sand following them). One of the men is pulled underground.

2: The man and woman are in an underground tunnel, apperantly made by the monster. They find this old man dressed in rags. He says he is a hermit. The three find the guy who was sucked into the dirt by the monster pinned to the wall with some kind of webbing (I think there was a woman there, too). He is still alive. The monster then attacks, and eats the old man.

I remember the CGI for the worm being pretty decent. I'm positive that this is NOT one of the Tremors films or Blood Beach. Does anyone know what this film might be? I'm really interested in seeing it again.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:42:29 PM »

What keeps popping into my empty head if it isn't Tremors is Dune that is the only CGI era gaint worm I can think of right now.

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »

What keeps popping into my empty head if it isn't Tremors is Dune that is the only CGI era gaint worm I can think of right now.
Which Dune do you mean? The only one I could find on IMDB was made in 1984, before CGI, and merely featured giant worms, which don't even fit the description I gave.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:03:21 PM »

Which Dune do you mean? The only one I could find on IMDB was made in 1984, before CGI, and merely featured giant worms, which don't even fit the description I gave.

This one ...

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/

I just popped it in, but it's long so not sure when I'll finish it.

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »

This one ...

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/

No, sorry, that's not the one I'm looking for. Again, the worms don't fit my description, and besides, I'm looking for a movie, not a miniseries. Sorry if it seems like I'm being a bit rude, or shooting you down.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:10:41 PM »

Not at all, if that's not it, it's not it. I can't think of anything else right now. Some one here should know.

akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:30:49 PM »

This is a longshot, but look up Jim Wynorsky (Wynorski?) on the IMDB and look through his movies.  He was (and still is) doing a LOT of cheap CGI monster movies.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:55:10 AM »

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the film The Bone Snatcher fits some of your description and it (whatever the hell that thing is, it is one ugly you know what) does pull people into the sand.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the film The Bone Snatcher fits some of your description and it (whatever the hell that thing is, it is one ugly you know what) does pull people into the sand.
No, not The Bone Snatcher, pretty close, though. I'll try looking through Jim Wynorski's credits, it might be in there. Thanks for the suggestions, anyway.

zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »

Langoliers? I remember seeing a made for tv movie that reminded me of Tremors before.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0112040/
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:05:56 PM »

I was thinking one of the HOUSE movies had a killer worm in it...?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »

I was surprised to see that the flick I'm thinking of WAS NOT a Jim Wynorski flick. I'm almost positive it isn't one of the House films or The Langoliers.

I just remembered a bit more. It seems the worm was more of a huge, muscular snake with a lizard-like head, if my memory serves me correct. I asked my dad what it was called, and I THINK he said "Slither" or something like that. I'll check that on IMDb.

UPDATE: Nope, couldn't find it there.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:30:43 PM by CoreyHeldpen » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »

Shot in the dark, because this film came to mind when you mentioned a giant worm movie.  However, the creature is stop motion and not CGI.  I have not seen the movie, but it has been on my "track this down and watch it" list for a long time:

"The Strangeness"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0234817/

To be honest, your comment about the way the creature looked reminded me of the monsters in the "Invaders from Mars" remake.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »

Well, my memory isn't so good so it isn't unlikely that some of the stuff I said isn't correct, so The Strangness might possibly be the flick I'm looking for! Thanks, Andrew!

UPDATE: Just did some research, and I don't think The Strangeness is it either. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:15:58 PM by CoreyHeldpen » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

UPDATE: Just did some research, and I don't think The Strangeness is it either. Thanks anyway.

I did find reference to a "Buffy" episode that had a worm demon, but that was from 2002.  However, I finally ordered a VHS of "The Strangeness" so I will be able to check that for you.

Hey, you know what movie had blue creatures in it?  "Evolution."  I do not remember a big blue worm though.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Giant Killer Worm (NOT TREMORS) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.