Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:25 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movie Wasteland  (Read 39409 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 01:46:25 PM »

Raven (2006)- A girl named Lenore gets raped by some bald guy and then he goes to take bath and she throws a plugged in hair dry and frys him. He comes back and starts to kill her band members and friends.

I think my above statement is correct because this movie is mess. It has a incoherent plot that trys to tie into Edgar Allen Poes poem the Raven and fails terribly. It was also made for people with severe ADD because the scenes have lots of flashing and jumps around so much it just random image put together. I think thats a attempt to be deep. Your not going to care for Lenore either or people who get killed because their zero personality or charaterzation. The killer also kills people in broad daylight in public place like a dentist office. And has a gigantic knife he just carries around like that cool or something.

In the end this movie has nothing going for it. Stay far away from this.

0 stars

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »

Psycho II(1983)-Our favorite psycho Norman Bates returns to the infamous house after becoming sane. After getting a job at a local diner he meets a girl named Mary and she starts to stay over the house. Weird things start happing as Norman starts to see his mother again, get phone calls from her and people are winding up dead. Is someone messing with him or is he slipping back to old habits?

While no sequel will outdue the original in this case, this movie is still very good in its own right. It keeps the audeince guessing if Norman is becoming insane again and everything happing is because of him or theirs someone else at work. With couple of good twists thrown it keeps you on edge of your seat and thinking. The end I thought was alittle off, I don't won't to spoil it but I thought the realtive thing was already done in the beginning so its redundant.

4 stars
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:21:56 PM by rich andrini » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 08:58:55 PM »

Die You Zombie Bastards!(2005)- A crazy cannibal serial killer has his wife stolen (who is equally as crazy) by Dr. Nefarious who wants to take her as his bride. He also wants to take over the world by turning them into zombies. Our hero goes to different locations and meets people that help him with his quest by giving him weapons and hints to Nefarious hide out.

With zombies who are green and killed by cheese,monsters with ummm "Giant Genitalia" serial killer whose our hero and lots of sexual innuendos this is campy as camp could be and very over the top. While I think its a fun movie some of the campiness takes away from it overall. It feels like a old school Troma film from the 80s which is always good.

3 1/2 Stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »

Feed(2005)- A on the edge Australian police officer whos job is to bust sexually perverts finds a American website call "Feedz". Its a site where someone feeds women and makes them extremely obese, I'm talking 600 pounds here. He thinks something up when he tries to hack the site and it well protected. When his department won't help him he goes to America alone and without permission to see whats going on and faces someone who's not a run of the miller pervert and becomes a cat and mouse game.

The charather are protrayed as contradictions of sort. While our main charater is a cop he has many pervsions of his own (Booze, Hookers Masochistic sex) and we found out more about the person hes after and hes not just in to make women "fat". It also has a sharp eye on our societys views of Religion, women and our own weird sexually fanties and how it ties into childhood. While I thought it got tiresome to hear and see its done decent enough. Its also has lots unerveing scenes with food and the 600 pound women and food being speard on her and being fed so watch out.

The movie has its up and downs like plot twist you can see a mile away than a good twist, the end is what sort of kills it. Without giving to much away it make sense to our cop charater but leaves way to much threads loose for my taste. The alternate ending is better and again makes sense but to extreme.

3 1/2 stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »

Chainsaw Sally (2004)- A librarian who likes horror movie, killing people who cross her and eating the dead bodies  (where can I find this women in real life) small town is in trouble. Some developers want to turn the town in a modern city. You know strip malls, Condos etc. Problem is where they want to bulid is her parents old house where they where killed by some manics and screwed her up for better or worse. So she going to stop them with her trusty Chainsaw and kill someother random people that get in her way.

This is of course a low budget horror flim but it well done than most of low budget crap out there today. Besides some glaring plot holes and problems that plague these type of films (She kills alot people with noone noticing, none know where she lives and its a small town, when she switchs clothes noone recgonize's her, how is she so quick to move bodies) it's still fun and most important entertaining.

Sally has tons of goth and punk clothes that she never wears the same thing twice which is funny. She kills people with a drop of hat too. One person didn't bring back a book for a year and she tracks them down and kills them. She also kills someone in the Libary for not being quiet. Needless to say the kills are creative and gore enough. Check it out if you tired of the terrible stuff out there in the horror direct to dvd market.

3 1/2 stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »

The Devil's Den (2006)- Two guys get some sex enhancing drugs from Mexico and go to a strip club called "Devils Den" to test it out. The club is not what what they expect when strippers start turing into "ghouls" fleshing eating demons. With the help of two mysterious people (Kelly Hu and Ken Foree!!) they go after the queen of the ghouls.

The worst thing about this film is the humor and dialogue. The humor falls flat for most of the film and dialogue is just so wooden. It takes alot away from the film. Besides that its a ok flick when you got nothing to watch and have time to kill.

2 1/2 stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »

Darkness Falls (2003)- In the small nowhere town of Darkness Fall their was a legend that some lady was collecting kids teeth and when she was burned went off the deep end kidnapping kids and the town offed her. In ghost form she would later kill our main charaters ,Kyle's, mother and it screwed him up. 12 years later a old childhood crush calls Kyle back to the town when her brother starts freaking out over the same thing Kyle did. Soon our Tooth Fairy starts killing people and Kyle has to stop her.

This is part of the PG-13 horror movies that have been coming out the last couple of years that have been pretty bad. This is no exception. Mediocre CGI and story, topped with wooden acting. Their is also a laugh out loud part when a car crashs into a tree our main charater flys threw the windshield is ok for the most part. I wish their was more scenes like that might have saved this movie.

Tooth Fairy movie I reviewed awhile ago was better and very different from this. At least it had a interesting enough story and some blood and gore to keep it going. Darkness Falls makes Tooth Fairy look like movie of the year.

2 Stars

Menard
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »

...strippers start turing into "ghouls" fleshing eating demons.

Really gives new meaning to the expression 'eat me'.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

The Entity (1981)- A single parent with three kids is suddenly raped by some kind of ghost that we never see. She goes to psychiatrist of course he tell her in her head. As the attacks countinue we figure it not just her and she enlist the aid of paranormal investiagaters to help her out.

Theirs some nasty scenes like when she gets attacked in front of her kids that made me cringe. The psychiatrist is biggest moron I every seen. He not only doesn't believe her but when people actually see her getting attacked he even doubts them! And even tries to hook up her meanwhile he never tries to help her throught the entire film and when people actually try help her he does everything he can to stop them. Biggest douchebag EVERY. Thankfully she doesn't bother with him. 

Overall I had mixed feeling about the film. I felt it was drawnout it could been alot shorter. The last scene is pretty scary, Haven't been scared in awhile to be honest.

3 1/2 stars

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 09:11:04 PM »

The Entity (1981)- A single parent with three kids is suddenly raped by some kind of ghost that we never see. She goes to psychiatrist of course he tell her in her head. As the attacks countinue we figure it not just her and she enlist the aid of paranormal investiagaters to help her out.

Theirs some nasty scenes like when she gets attacked in front of her kids that made me cringe. The psychiatrist is biggest moron I every seen. He not only doesn't believe her but when people actually see her getting attacked he even doubts them! And even tries to hook up her meanwhile he never tries to help her throught the entire film and when people actually try help her he does everything he can to stop them. Biggest douchebag EVERY. Thankfully she doesn't bother with him. 

Overall I had mixed feeling about the film. I felt it was drawnout it could been alot shorter. The last scene is pretty scary, Haven't been scared in awhile to be honest.

3 1/2 stars

I need to watch this one again.  I remember it being both scary and the attack (the one I remember) was freaky enough to trouble me.  It left a definite memory footprint on me, even though it had to have been twenty years ago when I saw it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 09:18:37 PM »

I need to watch this one again.  I remember it being both scary and the attack (the one I remember) was freaky enough to trouble me.  It left a definite memory footprint on me, even though it had to have been twenty years ago when I saw it.

Their are 4 or 5 scenes like that. They are disturbing enough to leave a mark needless to say.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »

300(2007)-The greek city-state of Sparta is coming under attack from the Persian empire. The king of Sparta goes to the oracles to see if he can attack them. When they say no he takes only 300 men to try and stop the Perian onslaught.

Just to put this first this beats out recent "Epic" sword and sandals (Troy, Alexandar, King Arthur) by a mile.This a very visual movie and done well. The fighting from the Spartans is almost ballet like instead of gritty and not trying too hard to be "real" as their lots of blood too. Story and Dialogue is simple enough and really relies on the visuals to tell the story.

Overall enjoyable flick that I can't see having lots of replay value but Its a must see aleast once.

4 Stars.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »

Wilderness(2006)- A bunch of male Juvenile delinquents and their "officer" get sent to a island after one of their fellow inmates commits suicide as sort a boot camp punishment. The island suppose to be empty but they soon meet up with 3 women delinquents and their "Officer"and a squatter. When the squatter turns up dead what looks like a dog ripping his throat out and the campout is attack resulting in the death of the two officers the rest try to find away off the island and try not to kill each other.

While we sort of have the idea who the killer is and which kid is helping him from the middle of the movie, It still a excllent flick. Its really all about the tension from within the group because these kids aren't nice school kids. They really struggle to get along because they are messed up but some do some growing pains if they like or not. Throw in some nasty but well done kill scenes(Our killer in damn good and use dogs to kill which leads to some brutal scenes and other hunting stuff like beartraps) you have well done film. Recommended.

4 1/2 stars.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:14:05 PM by rich andrini » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 07:15:57 PM »

Cannibal Campout (1988)- 4 college studnets take camping trip to the woods. Little do know that their 3 cannbials brother waiting to rape the women and eat eveyone!

This a fun shoestring budget 80s film. Its unintentionally funny and the acting is just so over the top. The story is cliched but its still enough to get you threw the movie. The gore is also ok for this budget.

3 stars.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »

The Manitou (1978)- A women, Karen goes to a doctor because some bump is growing on her back. The doctors are going to do surgery on it but have some concern because they really don't thinks its cancer or anything like that. The women goes to her fortune-telling man Harry for loving. That same night she's says some kind of weird chant. When shes operated on the surgeon cuts himself and thrown across the room and one Harry's customers floats and throws herself down some stairs. Harry finds various people into the occult and finds out Karen is going to give birth to a 400 old Native American medicine man through her back. He enlist the help of Native American Shaman to help him fight it.

This movie is other unintentional funny as hell flick. Giving birth to a long dead spirit through your back? If you don't laugh at that your at the wrong site. When you finally see the medicine man is a weird looking midget that just had me rolling. The Shaman just knows everything about the spirits the medicine man is summoing and names them all like "StarBeast". The end has Karen shooting thunderbolts at the midget and the devil. If you don't go out and just see it just for than again wrong site.

3 1/2 star
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:16:13 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.