Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:50 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movie Wasteland  (Read 39410 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »

The Manitou (1978)- A women, Karen goes to a doctor because some bump is growing on her back. The doctors are going to do surgery on it but have some concern because they really don't thinks its cancer or anything like that. The women goes to her fortune-telling man Harry for loving. That same night she's says some kind of weird chant. When shes operated on the surgeon cuts himself and thrown across the room and one Harry's customers floats and throws herself down some stairs. Harry finds various people into the occult and finds out Karen is going to give birth to a 400 old Native American medicine man through her back. He enlist the help of Native American Shaman to help him fight it.

This movie is other unintentional funny as hell flick. Giving birth to a long dead spirit through your back? If you don't laugh at that your at the wrong site. When you finally see the medicine man is a weird looking midget that just had me rolling. The Shaman just knows everything about the spirits the medicine man is summoing and names them all like "StarBeast". The end has Karen shooting thunderbolts at the midget and the devil. If you don't go out and just see it just for than again wrong site.

3 1/2 star

I just got in the new DVD of this (replacing my LD copy) and look forward to watching it again.  The whole bit about her growing a Native American Medicine Man fetus out of a pimple on the back of her neck is awesomely funny.  They rarely make movies like this anymore.

Review (pretty much says it all):

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/manitou/index.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »

The Quiet (2005)- Dot, A deaf girl who went "deaf" when the mother died when she was 7 and father just died, moves in with some screwed up Godparents (I think their Godparents or Dot's parents close friends). Of course they have a daughter, Nina, who hates her guts and as well as her friends in high school because you know shes different. Nina and Dot both are hiding secrets that will soon spiral out control and change their lives.

I really disliked this movie. The characters are flawed but in the highly unlikable way and very cliched. The twists are so predictable that your going to sit wondering whats the point of the film. I would have wrote more for a overview but even spoiler free you would have guess the entire movie. Actually just watching 25 mins of this I knew the whole movie. Stay away.

1 1/2 stars

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »

Crank (2006)- A hitman who does a big hit is betrayed by his employers who hired him. They inject him with some "Chinese s**t" while hes knocked out that basically a slow chemical that going to kill him within a hour. To get revenge on the people who did it to him he's going to have to keep his adrenaline up, always keep moving that means driving into to shopping mall, shoot out in a hospital, fighting in bars, taking lots of drugs and drinking lots of red bull and rockstar.

This is mindless action flick for the video game generation as everything is is extremely unrealistic and over the top like a video game. Its fast paced in the ADD way and the story is simple enough. Thrown in his girlfriend for some substance and thats it. Type of movie is you have nothing to do and this is on TV you can watch all the time.

3 1/2 stars.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »

Night Of The Living Dorks (2004)- Three high school losers go to a voodoo ritual held by some goths in a cemetary to raise the dead. The ritual fails, but zombie ash from a urn get blown over our 3 lovable losers. When driving home and smoke from them smoking weed blocks the the drivers vision and they crash into a tree. They wake up in a morgue and realize they might be Zombies. So like teenage zombies they go to school beat up their bullies, hit on hot chicks and throw a huge party!!

This is teen romatic comedy that has a zombie twist. It has all the usually gags that we see in this genre, Main kid wants the hot chick in school, realize shes a tool goes with his best friend, huge party at one of the kids house, sex jokes etc. But in zombie way. Like the hated Gym teacher is eaten by one of the kids. Theirs twist and turns that make it a cut above the flims in its catergory so check it out.

3 1/2 stars.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »

Threat (2005)- A punk rock kid who lives on the streets of Manhattan (Around 2nd Avenue and around th Bowery, know this because I recognize the locations) meet various individuals on his way with all different opinions and actions. Straight Edge kids who like to beat drunks, A women addicted to sex who has HIV, A women tired of men touching her and want to take action and many others. Soon though everything blows up at a club that turns into a full on war on the streets and people just turn ugly and show their turn colors.

After viewing this I simply could not stand this movie. The characters try to be "deep" but come out bunch of losers, thugs and racists. One of the straight edge guys works at a bar because he want to "Know his enemy". Yeah stupid. The big huge fight at the end was just so dumb and forced I wanted the movie to end. Just a bunch of killing and fighting for nothing. The only person that had a a slightly legit reason to do anything was the girl who was getting tired of men touching her and get back at guy who bothering buy trying to beat him than killing him.

In the end none learns anything and the two remaining people from the big fight deiced to get back at the system by kicking the crap out of corporate business people instead of each other, the poor. Took you that long to realize that? I also doubt "fighting the system" like that is going to work either. If I didn't know anything about NYC (Living here for all my life) or the various scenes like Punk and Straight edge I might have found this passable. For me its unbearable and it did achieve to p**s me off, If that was its goal it did great.

1 Star.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »

Saw 3 (2006)- Jigsaw, Our wacked torturer is dying from some sort of brain tumor. He sends his protege, Amanda to kidnap a female surgeon to do a operation to save him. Of course he sets up a trap so she has to do the operation or she will die and learn a life lesson at the same time. While all this is going on Jigsaw set ups a "Game" for man who lost his son when he was hit by a car. Now he can get revenge on the people that screwed him, Judge who gave the driver little jail time, a witness who refused to testify, and the driver himself. Will he learn some morals? And what does this have to do with the main story?

This movie has lots going on. Besides what I just wrote, their plenty of flashbacks tieing up loose ends from the first two movies like what happen to the the detective from the 2, what happen to one of the guys in the first one, how does Amanda fit into all of this etc. Making this one story heavy Saw's. But still not all the great and sticks I think too much into one movie. Its still has nasty kills and the surgery to save jigsaw using power tools is cringe inducing.

At the end their still a couple of trademark twists but again they stick to many and most you can see a mile away. It also tries to close the trilogy but comes up short. With a cliffhanger ending that just going to tick off most people and turn them off from seeing the 4 if anyone is still around by then I can't really say your missing much by skipping this.

3 stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »

Lunacy(2005)- Directed by Jan Svankmajer this is a weird one. A guy named Jean who has nightmares about being attacked by two asylum orderals,meets up with a man named "Marquis". He and a crew of misfits practice all this new age almost occult stuff to cure them of this mental disorders. When jean's nighmares increase Marquis brings him to a insane asylum where the inmates run the place and do what they feel really to try and get better if their trying to get better. When Jean release's the really people who run the asylum after falling in "love" with a nymphomaniac who tells him too, their much more strict in their approach making jeans like much worse.

Like I said this is weird. In-between scene's their claymation involving meat products that are just surreal and need to be seen to be believed. But this is very much a horror movie. Its closer to home with the horror having more of a freedom vs. totalism and strictness. Overall I liked it so check it out.

4 stars.

dean

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 03:21:57 AM »

Lunacy is a favourite of mine, by one of my favourite directors, Jan Svankmajer.  It's a very nutty look at the world, and I saw it at the Melbourne International Film Festival last year.  Funnily enough, our group was one of the only group laughing in an otherwise packed cinema.  I guess all the others thought they were seeing art films or something.

Big  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup out of ten.

Btw Rich, was this a dvd release?  I'm gagging for it to be released here, to the point I'd murder a small puppy for one.

Also, I would very much recommend his other works [that I've seen at least] Alice [a wierd version of Alice In Wonderland] and Faust.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

Lunacy is a favourite of mine, by one of my favourite directors, Jan Svankmajer.  It's a very nutty look at the world, and I saw it at the Melbourne International Film Festival last year.  Funnily enough, our group was one of the only group laughing in an otherwise packed cinema.  I guess all the others thought they were seeing art films or something.

Big  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup out of ten.

Btw Rich, was this a dvd release?  I'm gagging for it to be released here, to the point I'd murder a small puppy for one.

Also, I would very much recommend his other works [that I've seen at least] Alice [a wierd version of Alice In Wonderland] and Faust.

Yes it was a dvd release. I rented it from Netflix actually. Its alittle dry on the extras though. Just a tralier and a making of. Still a great movie. I will be checking out his other films no doubt. Very interested in Alice.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 08:53:45 PM »

Switchblade Sisters (1975)-  A gang called "Debbie Daggers" thats a female version of male group Sliver Daggers get a new member after she fights with them. She very independent compared to the leader and is fast becoming the head of the group after doing tasks for them. the Sliver Daggers get into a fight with a rival gang the Crabs and the leader is killed while the female leader is hurt. The new girl takes over and makes it independent all female gang. They are now out to get revenge on the Crabs.

This has a independent women vibe about it which I liked. You can see it with the with the older leader and new leader of the female group and is intertwinded with a all women gang aspect. It also has a certain charm that makes up for acting and the charaters enjoyable. My personal favorite is Bunny. Overall I enjoyed.

3 1/2 stars

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »

Contamination(1980)- A derelict ship approaches NYC where it is taken into dock and check out by NYPD detective and others. They find the crew dead, Looking like they exploded. When they check the cargo hold they find egg like thing being boxed and shipped as coffee. They find one of the eggs pulsating and it explodes killing three people in a gruesome death and sparing the detective who missed getting hit. Soon the government gets involved sending a female colonel of a special section to find out whats happening and a astronaut who encountered the eggs on Mars who was thought to be crazy. They all go to Colombia to find the source.

This is pure cheese film. Nothing happens in the middle of the movie which drags but the end when we see the "Alien Cyclops" thats lying the eggs is pretty cool looking Mushroom/tree thing.

3 stars.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »

Contamination(1980)

I originally saw this under the alternate (and cut) title "Toxic Spawn."  I have since picked up the "Contamination" DVD and it is a better cut of the film, in addition to being a much higher quality print.  Probably 2 slimes for me.  The idea of killer avocados that exploding, sending chest-bursting fluid flying in all directions, is quite amusing.  Not certain that I would want to work on a plantation where they harvest those things...

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/toxicspawn/index.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:19 PM »

Contamination(1980)

I originally saw this under the alternate (and cut) title "Toxic Spawn."  I have since picked up the "Contamination" DVD and it is a better cut of the film, in addition to being a much higher quality print.  Probably 2 slimes for me.  The idea of killer avocados that exploding, sending chest-bursting fluid flying in all directions, is quite amusing.  Not certain that I would want to work on a plantation where they harvest those things...

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/toxicspawn/index.html

Andrew I had a feeling you reviewed this because I read it. I tried to look it up to link it but when I looked under "C" I couldn't find it. I forgot it had a alternate title. I gave it a three because It had some shots of NYC and the detective was mildly amusing to give it some charm. Monster was pretty cool.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 09:55:53 PM »

Night of the Comet(1984)- A comet heading towards earth seems to have killed everyone on earth and the ones that survived seem to have turned into zombies. Except for two sisters and a dude. They arm themselves with some Mac-10s and just try to find more people. They soon encounter scientists that were underground and want to fine a cure. But the infection screws up memory and makes you more zombie like they have to find away to get away from them.

This movie is just plain fun. With many quotables and a wacky story its a great watch. It has a crazy amount of 80s pop music in most of the scence's This just came out on dvd after long out print on VHS. Check it out.

4 star.

Also here the link to the recent topic that has much better mini review by Andrew and more comments:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113480.0.html

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:12:14 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 10:06:05 PM »

Night of the Comet(1984)- A comet heading towards earth seems to have killed everyone on earth and the ones that survived seem to have turned into zombies. Except for two sisters and a dude. They arm themselves with some Mac-10s and just try to find more people. They soon encounter scientists that were underground and want to fine a cure. But the infection screws up memory and makes you more zombie like they have to find away to get away from them.

This movie is just plain fun. With many quotables and a wacky story its a great watch. It has a crazy amount of 80s pop music in most of the scence's This just came out on dvd after long out print on VHS. Check it out.

4 star

With the red text as a homage to the red dust, right?  I said most of my piece in the one thread (I'll link it below), but were they MAC-10's or Uzis?  I think that you are right, come to think of it.  I have to say, a wild lead-thrower like a MAC-10 is not what I would pick.  A .45 pistol for close range and a carbine for medium range would be my choice.  An M4 or MP5 would be a better choice.  Maybe a Mini-14, as those should be easy to find in a gun shop.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113480.0.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.