Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:10:45 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Movie Wasteland  (Read 39568 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »

I actually copy and paste my review from other board that I write these reviews for where I type in red. Didn't realize it. But I guess cool homage and it works out. Guess I will leave it. Smile

I think it was Mac-10 because I remember the little sister saying something like we should have got Uzi when they were shooting at the car.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:14:34 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 10:05:58 PM »

The Fighting Kentuckian(1949)-This stars John "Motherf*** Duke" Wayne as a soldier named John Breen in the Kentuckian regiment going back home after long years fighting. John meets up with a beautiful french women whose family were generals in Napoleon's army and now have land in America. Of course she falls in love with John but she engaged to be married to a landowner. John doesn't give up and stays in town and finds a conspiarcy going on with the french land, how landowner and some of higher ups in town are trying to take their land and screw over the french. This may be to much for John can he prove to the french family that their getting screwed over for the land? Will John get the girl? I think so.

This is a great old heroic film in typical John Wayne fashion. You know what to expect but still a fun ride with gun fights, fighting for women you love and the bad guy getting theirs at end. I'm a sucker for these films really. Also stars Oliver Hardy and plays great as a funny sidekick to the "Duke".

4 stars.

The Protector (2005)- This stars Tony Jaa a Muay Thai fighter who fast becoming the next Jackie Chan (Theirs a cameo of him in this too) As protector from a warrior tribe thats protects elephants in Thailand. His father and him go to a festival to show their best elephant to the king. Soon gangsters steal a baby and full grown elephant and ship to Syndey. Tony goes and tires to find them and ends up in a mess of situation with crooked cops, The women who stole the elephants to have them stuffed or eaten and very little friends in a good cop and only his fighting style to help him.

Let me get this out of the way: These Martial Art movies plots suck and have huge plot holes that should be ignored. The story is only their to get to the next fight scenes which are great but not as good as Tonys film "Ong-Bak" but still good. Theirs no wires or anything straight up old school fighting and just show styles. Good stuff.

3 1/2 Stars.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2007, 11:40:26 AM »

Grudge 2 (2006)- Note this is the American version. Three school girls go to the house that a brutal double murder occurred when a mother and her son where killed. It said to be haunted and if you go in get cursed. Of course they go in and get cursed. In America a girl is sent to bring back her estranged sister (Sarah Michelle Gellar character from the first) from Japan. In Japan She meets up a man who know about the house and saved her sister when she tried to burn the house. They now trying to stop the curse. The Grudge goes international when in Chicago one of the school girls go back home and curse the apt. building they now live in.

As you can see theirs lots going on in this movie and all of its boring and not scary at all. Its inferior to the Japanese verison (meanwhile the same director is doing it) and just tedious. It does add alittle bit to the myths about the family that live their, With the mother of the girl who was murdered used poison her with evil spirits but That is quickly thrown out even though interesting.

2 stars.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Movie Wasteland « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.