Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:54:55 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I come in peace... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I come in peace...  (Read 17399 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:47 AM »

...but this is something that must be seen to be believed:

Why People think Americans are Stupid

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 05:10:56 AM »

"STEWPID!STEWPID,STEWPID,STEWPID!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:21:21 AM »

"Well, he's from Texas, he's gotta be right"  BounceGiggle

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:05:24 AM »

Jay Leno regularly does a sequence on his show called Jay Walking where he goes out on the street to ask people these same kinds of questions. We make enough fun of ourselves that we shouldn't be upset by someone else doing it.

I would like to see someone do the same thing in another country, stupid people aren't limited to living in the U.S.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »

Haha!

Sure stupid people aren't limited to the states, but hey, you guys are easy targets after all.  TeddyR

Of course you really wonder how much they edited out...

Good Ol' CNNNN.  This is special because it's an Aussie show, well was an Aussie show.  These guys are from a group called the Chaser, who basically go around causing havoc, mostly in the political sense.  Ambush television for the most part, but also part satire and as you can see, sometimes just plain fun.  Alot of their jokes are from going out into the street, and either approaching politicians or, obviously, just people in public and gauging their reactions.

I suppose they're more of the political left [well here at least] so quite a bit is a p**s-take on US culture and in particular, US politics.  Very funny for the most part, but you do take some of it with a grain of salt.

They have done a few shows which have quite a cult following here: CNNNN, obviously a parody of CNN and just news in general.  They have also done a good show worth looking up called "The Chaser's War on Everything". 

You may not agree with alot of what they do, or even like it, but I do highly reccommend either of those two shows as something to watch.  Well I watch it because I find it very funny [though like anything they have their weaker moments]

Just for your enjoyment I did a quick search to find more of their work [some have a bit of language though, so enjoy!]:

More making fun of Americans with a segment on:

The Superbowl Small | Large
Something which you could very easily transfer to our culture for Cricket or AFL [Aussie Rules Football]

A segment on
protecting landmarks from Terrorist attacks Small | Large

One on US bible shows which tend to screen early weekday mornings [around 3/4am] 
Yes it is like shooting fish in a barrel... Small | Large

And just for some others which can make fun of our own ways:

The New Australian Tourism Campaign Small | Large

Chas' Bonehead Challenge Small | Large
[getting on camera during our equivalent of the Emmy's]

Yup, not subtle at all these guys...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 09:46:18 AM by dean » Logged

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
raj

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »

Yes, yes, yes.  We Americans are sooo stupid.
OK, show of hands, who's put men into space -- US, USSR, oh, and you now China, how cute, doing what we did 40 years ago.
OK, now who's put men on the moon --- anyone besides us stupid redneck cowboys?
(meant humorously)

I don't mind such shows, really they leave off everyone who mentions Uganda or Uruguay.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »

Good point Raj............................

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

Sure we've got stupid people here, but while travelling for years all over the world I can guarantee that we do not have the market cornered. I've met plenty of morons in all countries.
I'm sure, no I'm positive that if you took a the street and asked those question you could find just as many or more that could answer the questions as to those that could not, but that wouldn't be funny would it?
So yeah, while the rest of the world love to dog out and make fun of America, for some odd reason it has never stemmed the flood on immigrates coming here.

@raj ... don't forget

Ukraine
Uzbekistan
USA
UK
UAE
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:11:13 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Neville

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:24 AM »

OK, show of hands, who's put men into space -- US, USSR, oh, and you now China, how cute, doing what we did 40 years ago.
(meant humorously)

Maybe all the other nations realised sooner how useless the whole "send-people-to-the-moon" business is.
(meant humorously)

And yes, these is obviously ambush-type humour, is not meant to be taken seriously. If carried out in any other country, I'm sure it would have shown similar levels of stupidity. And yes, obviously they have edited out the right answers. This said, part of the fun of the segment is that it takes place on the USA. I've always wondered if Americans are aware of how everything that takes place inside their borders is transmitted, magnified and analised in the rest of the world, which inmediately takes positions in favour or against the matter.

It goes with the notoriety and the cultural influence, I guess. It's like when Britney Spears decides it's a good idea not to wear undergarments that day, nobody would care if our neighbour did it, but having become sort of a role model it's like she's asking for the flak.

By which I don't mean your country has exposed its crotch, married a loser or is embarrasing itself in every public appearence. I just mean the bigger the notoriety of the spoofed country, the bigger the fun.

Anyway, it's really cool you seem to like the video. Given the current polemics over the U.S. outdoors policy, I just wanted to make sure everybody took the whole thing with a pinch of salt, hence the title of the thread.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:26:42 AM by Neville » Logged

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:47:37 AM »

Neville, it's Ok. We know you didn't intend any disrespect.

I also have seen this type video before and have fun watching stuff like this and I also really have a deep respect for people of all cultures, but sometimes I'm very offended by foreigners who come here and think we are idiots and they get all puffed up about their way of life or attempt to point out where other countries do it better without remembering that they couldn't have done it lest we did it first. That is why the world is coming here and to other Western nations. To experience the pinnacle of civilization no matter how bad it is. Hypocrites who dont want to live in their native country and want to put down the U.S. while wanting to live here. These people make no sense and are as dumb as the people in the video.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:13:14 PM by Scott » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 12:51:39 PM »

When my daughter spent almost a year in Japan as part of an international program from her school she was shocked by some of the misconceptions people from other countries have about us. In particular were a couple of girls from China who were terrified to come to the U. S.  because everyone is carrying a gun and we apparently have daily shootouts. The actual truth is that we have a lot of guns in private hands but they are owned by only 1/4 of the U.S. population.

We are a big target and that's why people shoot at us with this stuff.  We do a pretty good job of lambasting ourselves. We tolerate these things because it's the price of living in a democracy.

(meant humorously)

I don't mind such shows, really they leave off everyone who mentions Uganda or Uruguay.

Yes, we had a stellar record for achievements such as these, but I worry about the future because we have so few young people going into the sciences these days. We're importing talent at an alarming rate.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »

Very true Trek Geezer. Our times are not the times of the turn of the century when an inventor had more basic components to work with for major break throughs. Now you have mostly innovations of complex things that already exist. No real big break through ideas, but rather making existing things better, and Americans are rather content with what they have and don't delve much deeper into science and other creative ideas. They only want cable and an automobile. By the time they figure this isn't enough their education days are behind them and they are stuck working some lowly job. You can always go back to school, but it's proven that genius is when your in your 20's. Most scientific breakthroughs happen at earlier ages. Read a book on the subject that broke down the age of individual genius.

I'm still waiting for anti-gravity and teleportation. It may be easier than we think. Excuse me while I get back to the lab.  Smile

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

This doesn't only happen in other countries, it's also present in other states of our own country. We were labled as loonies because we were from California. I was in high school at the time, once some of the people found out I was from California they wouldn't even talk to me. It's a very strange feeling. Thank God I have a since of humor.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
raj

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »

Re: guns, a lot of it does get stirred up by liberals in the US too, with scary images of concealed carry permitt holders having daily shootouts.  This despite all evidence to the contrary.  That is a problem when you want to demonize something, you don't let facts get in the way.

As for California, when I lived in Oregon -- coming from New York -- I had no problems.  People there reserved their bile for Californians, because Oregonians felt that Californians were coming in and buying up all their houses.  (Didn't stop them from selling, though)

And "since of humor"? Wink
Neville

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »

I'm still waiting for anti-gravity and teleportation. It may be easier than we think. Excuse me while I get back to the lab.  Smile

Watch those damn flies...

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I come in peace... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.