Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I come in peace... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I come in peace...  (Read 17380 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »

All you can do is laugh at these things; I don't get folks getting their underwear in a bunch over something like this.

A segment like this is either staged, completely fake, the people are purposefully hamming it up (to get their 15 minutes), miscue because being nervous/put on the spot or they genuinely don't know the answers.  If the latter, there probably are not many who don't know ANY of the answers - notice how generally they show a different person for each question.  I'd like to know how many correct answers they had to cut out to get that footage, just out of curiosity.

Regardless of the answer, it IS funny.  And it would be funny from any country; I will admit that many of us Americans set ourselves up to be superior and I get the joy of knocking a few of us down a peg.

I think my favorite part in the whole thing was how they relabeled Australia as France, Iran, North Korea, etc and asked folks to find it on a map..I'm still chuckling over that....Get ready for the invasion, Dean!!   Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Neville

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

Yep, that was hysterical. I would have loved to see a reaction of any of those who did notice the fraud.

BTW, if France is in Australia this means my country has been mistaken for years. All my live we called the neighbours up north french, for Christ sake. That would explain their hatred of Spaniards.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »

I'm still waiting for anti-gravity and teleportation. It may be easier than we think. Excuse me while I get back to the lab.  Smile

Watch those damn flies...

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »

Scott your YATTA: National Anthem song would go perfect with that picture... TeddyR

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Scott

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »

YATTA is my national anthem and I watch it everyday before going to bed and upon getting up. It's the meaning of life. There would be peace on the earth if everone would watch YATTA.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 09:45:59 PM »

I think the fly on the left is kind of cute, Poogie is that you?

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »

I think the fly on the left is kind of cute, Poogie is that you?
BounceGiggle   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle
 BounceGiggle You're funny.............

Neville

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »

Hey, I'm looking for that guy with the fly swatter..........  Buggedout

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:19:21 AM »

You guys think you have it bad ~ we are awash in crime and corruption here in South Africa and our leaders deny the existence of any problems.   Hatred  Sure they can deny it: they have several bodyguards all paid for by the taxpayer!

They only have one thing in their heads, namely the 2010 Soccer World Cup and only get their panties in a knot when an Afrikaans singer releases a song entitled De La Rey (a call for the late Boer General Koos De La Rey to return and lead the Afrikaners again) and they slam it as subversive propaganda.  Buggedout

I really thought that when democracy came here in 1994 that things would be better, but it is not so.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:20 AM »

Yeah, the female fly in that picture may be pretty shapely, but just think of how a fly eats its food.

Been reading this thread, kind of hard to get too worked up over the "Dumb Americans" cliche. Between Jay Leno and that Street Smarts game show that used to air, we hammer on ourselves pretty good about it already. Between the editing, the attention seekers, and the wannabe actors and reality TV stars (game shows like that and all those dating shows are notoriously full of people looking to get anything on an acting resume').

I feel cheated, "dumb Polack" jokes finally seem to be dying out in the US, even among the truly lame, and now the world is picking on Americans for being dumb. Just can't catch a break.

Trevor, is much of popular music in South Africa that political? We have music here that idealizes and even fetishizes "Johnny Reb"/Dixie/The Civil War/Rebel Flags/The South shall rise again. Mostly country music, southern and some hard rock, and white boy rap (Kid Rock - who's from the North BTW) but it's treated mostly as a goof, tough guy posturing, or sentimental hero worship. It's more imagery and attitude than substance.  But the turmoil and changes in your country are more recent. Is De La Rey (a major figure from the Second Boer War from what I read) that much of a rallying point in South Africa among Afrikaners? Or is this phenomenon new?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Neville

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 07:28:17 AM »

Been reading this thread, kind of hard to get too worked up over the "Dumb Americans" cliche. Between Jay Leno and that Street Smarts game show that used to air, we hammer on ourselves pretty good about it already.

True. Isn't Borat an american movie, despite the actor being British?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »

Cheers

Hi, Yaddo  Smile

In the old SA (i.e. 1948 ~ 1993) music was political but rather subtly so. People were being indoctrinated without knowing it, censorship was rampant and if I had to tell you which classic films were banned and for what reason you would think that I was lying. There was even a film called Kaptein Caprivi (Captain Caprivi) which had a prologue in which a govt minister exhorts the nation to make the supreme sacrifice for the nation  Buggedout

I think this De La Rey thing is a new phenomenon and another attempt by Afrikaners to establish identity. There are differing views, of course: my mom is an Afrikaner and she does not buy into this new Afrikaner thing ~ her thoughts are thus Dit is 'n klomp stront! ~ translation: It is a lot of s---.  TeddyR

My opinion as the son of a British descendant (my Dad came down without a parachute  Twirling and an Afrikaner: all people who live in Africa irrespective of race, you are African, accept it and be proud of it. Just like that.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:33:19 PM »

[As for California, when I lived in Oregon -- coming from New York -- I had no problems.  People there reserved their bile for Californians, because Oregonians felt that Californians were coming in and buying up all their houses.  (Didn't stop them from selling, though)

hot Foul Cursed Californians... I work for the Oregon branch of a Southern California company and they do indeed treat us like a cute little colony.  Look what happened to the Front Range in Colorado, it got discovered by the Californians and now its LA with snow.  The folks what serve the frappachinos or repair rthe computers can't even live in the towns where they are serving them.  Its getting that way here now.   hot

OK ranting done.  I hate to see anything local being turned into havens for chain stores and restaurants.  Everywhere is rapidly turning into everywhere else.   We're losing so much neat stuff in the drive to "develop".

Of course all the Californians here are not like that.  And if you want my house, it'll be $450,000 TeddyR
-Ed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:34:54 PM by Ed » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I come in peace... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.