Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:49:43 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  I'm new here and I've already got a question! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm new here and I've already got a question!  (Read 5540 times)
soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 14, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »

Hello... soylentgreen, here.  Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've always gotten a thrill from BadMovies, yet never even noticed the forum.  Though, I'm learning nowadays every site has an attendant forum.  And this one is hilarious.  I've got thirty some-odd years of bad movies under my belt and a keen interest to group hug about them...so I look forward to joing you fine folks here.

As it turns out though, I've just been spending alot of arguably better spent manhours revisiting my love for DAWN OF THE DEAD(not a bad movie, of course).  Anyway I've stumbled across something that I'd never solved.

If you don't know the film,(in the smallest nutshell possible) four people hole up in a Pittsburgh mall besieged by zombies and after a bit things go very badly.  Anyway, at one point, the protagonists are finally slipping into the inevitable rigor mortis that comes with having everything, yet it all being meaningless in the post zombie apocalypse world.  As they wile away cloistered in the mall, one of them pops on an album.

It's a solo guitar piece, classical I believe(sounds like Fernando Sor to me).  While very familiar, I just can't place the sucker.

I uploaded the scene to youtube and it's there in all it's reformatted  Hatred  glory.  Feel free to take a gander and maybe, just maybe help out a fellow genre lover in need.

I call the scene
"Mark 8:36" Small | Large

Thanks...and I look forward to with you souls again.

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »

Welcome aboard.

I did a quick check of the DVD after watching the clip (you are right, it seems like I know it too - might just be the style though).  The only two entities credited for the soundtrack are The Goblins and Dario Argento.  Perhaps it is something provided by the latter?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:41:33 AM »

Hey Andrew,
  Thanks for the greeting. 

...and oh, if it could only be that easy, but no...Romero was superfond of using source music(the extended cut of DAWN is literally wall-to-wall with it!).  He cherry picked the Goblin music, ending up using about 60% of what they wrote, for the domestic release.  While I greatly appreciate Argento as a filmmaker, and he and realtives did put up a bit of dough for DAWN, I could never really get his name being linked to Goblin as much as it is in this case.

Anyway, I took the liberty of posting a query on this in a few classical guitar forums(I figured Hey who better, right?)  It appears to be an improv(and a rather pedestrian one at that, if their taste is correct)on an notable, yet anonymous romanza.

Well, it's not square one exactly, but I knew Romero's penchant for pulling musical source cues from all over the place would probably have me running into a brick wall.

Thanks for checking it out though.  I appreciate it greatly.  I'm looking forward to buzzing about the rest of the forum.  And most importantly, keep up the good work.

Cheers

ps.  I guess this thread can probably be moved to the solved area, I'm just not sure how to do that.

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  I'm new here and I've already got a question! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.