Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:47 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your favorite Sport? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favrite sport?
Baseball - 5 (27.8%)
Football - 0 (0%)
Basketball - 3 (16.7%)
Soccer - 1 (5.6%)
Hockey - 0 (0%)
Golf - 0 (0%)
Tennis - 0 (0%)
Swimming - 0 (0%)
Surfing - 0 (0%)
Skiing - 0 (0%)
Martial Arts - 0 (0%)
Auto Racing (Sport?) - 0 (0%)
Horse Racing - 0 (0%)
Rugby - 1 (5.6%)
Archery - 2 (11.1%)
Greco-Roman Wrestling - 1 (5.6%)
Boxing - 1 (5.6%)
Weight Lifting - 0 (0%)
Cross Country - 0 (0%)
Track & Field - 0 (0%)
Ice Skating - 0 (0%)
Bicycling - 0 (0%)
Motorcross - 0 (0%)
X Games - 0 (0%)
Pillow Fighting - 0 (0%)
Thumb Wrestling - 0 (0%)
Curling - 0 (0%)
Indian leg wrestling - 0 (0%)
Skateboarding - 0 (0%)
Shuffleboard - 0 (0%)
Cricket - 0 (0%)
Paintball - 1 (5.6%)
Bowling - 0 (0%)
Dodgeball - 1 (5.6%)
Volleyball - 1 (5.6%)
Ping Pong - 0 (0%)
Equestrian - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What's your favorite Sport?  (Read 18232 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »

Pro Wrestling - The King Of Sports

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 01:29:31 AM »

Dennis my daughter also does archery her in New Jersey and my brother In-Law lives not far from Pasadena in Walnut-West Covina area.

Read about her in one of your other posts, while we enjoy the sport, we don't even come close to being in her league. With us it's just a fun hobby, we need lots more practice before entering a competition. Interestingly enough my wife's oldest brother and his wife live in the Walnut-West Covina area too. Meeting my future sister-in-law was interesting too, David couldn't believe it when I told him that his wife and I went to high school together. Smile

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »

I chose baseball, I love the history and all the little things that make it up.   I live for April and all th hopes that it brings, all to be crushed by mid-June, of course. 

My grandfather was quite the bowler at cricket, so I have a soft spot there, but I'm darned if I really get whats going on.  And  I  definitely approve of any game where you stop for tea.  And the natty outfits don't hurt at all.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 05:49:29 AM »

Not a huge sports fan, I have the hand/eye cooordination of Stevie Wonder. I was on a tee ball team so bad that if there wasn't a five run limit per inning I'd still be standing in right field playing a game that began when I was five years old. My soccer team was even worse, the only game we won, the coach wasn't there since some of the parents ran him off, the father of one of the kids on the team took over coaching the team.

To watch: college football (this is the South after all). I went through a pro basketball phase after Jordan retired the first time (since the hype died down, the field (or court)seemed to level out, and I didn't have to listen to Magic Johnson doing commentary kissing Jordan ass the whole time anymore). Went through a short boxing phase, but Don King (among others) has ruined the sport as far as I'm concerned. I can watch tennis and even golf, but I'm not a huge fan of either. When Fox Sports used to show Australian Rules Football and rugby late at night I watched all the time. I was a pro wrestling fan as a kid but never considered it a sport when I watched it.

To play: Swimming I guess, and if it counts billiards.

Tried tennis as a kid, not very good, but I've thought of trying again after talking to the "not girlfriend" about it. If nothing else it's a chance to see her in shorts, she has nice legs. To add to my exercise program, I'm planning to buy a bike since it's getting warm again and I need to add some cardio. I have cousins who bowhunt, have talked about trying archery since I live in the boonies now and could practice in my driveway, and empty pastureland behind me. Then "zen" of it all might appeal to me.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Dennis

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »

I have cousins who bowhunt, have talked about trying archery since I live in the boonies now and could practice in my driveway, and empty pastureland behind me. Then "zen" of it all might appeal to me.

Archery is great for getting outside and getting in some upper body exercise, using a standard bow, one without sights, either a re-curve or a longbow, gives a great deal of satisfaction when the arrow hits the target. Then there's all the little whistles and bells, arrows, a quiver, glove, its not a cheap hobby, but it doesn't have to be expensive either. Your cousins could probably help you get started, and it's something fun you could share with the "not girlfriend".

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »

Dennis, we really like West Covina. My wife is from the Philippines and West Covina is like the Philippine capital of the U.S. and I love the hills and local scene. One of my favorite places is the large Buddhist Temple in the next town.

http://www.hsilai.org/english/index.htm

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:48:31 PM by Scott » Logged

Dennis

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 10:49:36 PM »

Scott, it's really interesting the way that the San Gabriel valley has changed over the last 20-25 years, there is now a large population of Asian-Americans, many of them are Buddhist, so there are now quite a few Temples in the area, they are all really good looking buildings. It's a wonderful world, and we live in a wonderful country. Smile

I drive by this Temple on my way to work.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 06:47:08 AM »

Archery is great for getting outside and getting in some upper body exercise, using a standard bow, one without sights, either a re-curve or a longbow, gives a great deal of satisfaction when the arrow hits the target. Then there's all the little whistles and bells, arrows, a quiver, glove, its not a cheap hobby, but it doesn't have to be expensive either. Your cousins could probably help you get started, and it's something fun you could share with the "not girlfriend".

Thanks for the advice, if I took it up, we were going to get me started with a bow one of those cousins isn't using, says it needs to be restrung though. Figured I'd try it and if I like it, either buy it from him or go with the other cousin and look at the used bows trade-ins at the local bowhunting and blackpowder shop. He says they have some good stuff cheap.

I had the idea tonight to suggest kayaking to the not girlfriend, she's the athletic/outdoorsy type, like I said I'm coming around to it as I make changes and get in better shape. One of those cousins lives on the lake and has some small kayaks I've been wanting to try out, and he gave me an open invitation of sorts.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
raj

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »

Baseball is my favorite sport -- but normally (always) it's as a spectator.  Currently I practice Aikido, and have for the last several years.  One of the first things I did once I bought a house was set up a dart board.
Scott

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 10:58:59 PM »

Baseball does have special nuances that other sports just don't have. It's almost magical as a player or spectator.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:06:55 PM by Scott » Logged

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »

*sigh* odd one out again: Equestrian here.  To watch and to participate in.  It's not on the list...but it is what I do. 

There is nothing for me like the exhilaration of accomplishment I get when I have achieved the level of communication that is required to get a really good ride out of a horse.  It is one of those "DAMN I'm GOOD" moments that is even better because it has been confirmed by the horse - and shared: the horses get 'into' it too which makes it even more fun.  (Of course there are times when it is the exhilaration of survival - sheer adrenaline! LOL!)

Think of it: managing to communicate and coordinate with 1200+ pounds of musclel power and alien intelligence...anything that horse can do, I can do.  Wa- HOO!

Yup. I love it.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:50:38 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Scott

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »

Newt, I put Equestrian up on the poll for you.  Smile

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 01:03:59 AM »

I had the idea tonight to suggest kayaking to the not girlfriend, she's the athletic/outdoorsy type, like I said I'm coming around to it as I make changes and get in better shape. One of those cousins lives on the lake and has some small kayaks I've been wanting to try out, and he gave me an open invitation of sorts.

A friend of mine sent me this e-mail today and I remembered somebody mentioned kayaking and.................................are you sure about this?

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »

Where the hell is fishing at? Fishing is a sport ... sort of.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 07:35:36 AM »

Poogie

Thanks for encouraging my attempts to improve my health and hopefully have fun while trying to win over an awesome young woman. Like I need anymore excuses to sleep in. Lookingup

I was going to counter with the reminder I would be kayaking on a freshwater lake, but this is a forum for a website where SciFi Original movies about GIANT MUTANT KILLER CRITTERS are discussed. So.....never mind.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your favorite Sport? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.