Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:03:32 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Picked up a few cheap DVD's this week. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Picked up a few cheap DVD's this week.  (Read 3068 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: February 21, 2007, 12:18:09 AM »

These are some rare cheap DVD's I picked up this week. Most of them distributed by "DVD Movie Premiere" who completely made up new cover title names for some of these films. Wonder why? I put a.k.a. next to the ones that have titles that don't match anything imdb has listed.

Bloody Che Contra (1968) - John Ireland
Bye Bye Baby (1988) - Brigitte Nielsen, Carol Alt
Renegade Gun (1971) a.k.a Pray To Kill And Return Alive - Klause Kinski
Charms (1973) a.k.a. Hex - Keith Carradine, Scott Glenn, Gary Busey
The Royal Hunt Of The Sun (1969) - Robert Shaw, Christopher Plummer
Nevada Heat (1982) - Telly Savalas, Pia Zadora
The House Of Seven Corpses (1974) - John Carradine, John Ireland
Island Of The Lost (1967)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:34:34 AM by Scott » Logged

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:01:57 AM »

Heard of a few of these: 

The Kinski western - let us know how it is since I'm a fan of his.

House of Seven Corpses - turned up on America One a lot, never sat through all of it.

The Royal Hunt of the Sun - I've wanted to see for years since the movie and the play have good reps. This used to turn up on one of those syndicated movie "networks" when I was a kid with much fanfare, but never got to see it.

I know the name Bloody Che Contra, it's the "other" Che Guevara film from the late 60s isn't it, not the one with Jack Palance, IIRC?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »

Looking forward to ROYAL HUNT OF THE SUN after reading some good reviews at imdb.com

BLOODY CHE CONTRA (1968) doesn't have Jack Palance in it.

Scott

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »

Joy joy..............also picked up today a double feature DVD with THE CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE and MYSTERY IN BERMUDA starring Blue Demon, Santo, and Mil Mascaras for $5.99 and also SANTA CLAUSE (Mexico) for $1.99.

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »

Joy joy..............also picked up today a double feature DVD with THE CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE and MYSTERY IN BERMUDA starring Blue Demon, Santo, and Mil Mascaras for $5.99 and also SANTA CLAUSE (Mexico) for $1.99.
Did you call?...Sorry I couldn't resist. Joy is my real name...Okay back to your DVD's...    Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:54:18 PM »

SANTA CLAUSE (Mexico) for $1.99.

If this is the one that I'm thinking of that I've seen before on VHS, you'll be hating yourself before even the halfway mark for picking it up.    BounceGiggle

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scott

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:44:15 PM »

I'm sure your right Torgo, but I've always been curious about this one. Which is better Mexican SANTA CLAUSE or SANTA COUNQUERS THE MARTIANS?

SANTA COUNQUERS THE MARTIANS was rough viewing. Don't ever want to see it again, even though I'm glad to have seen it for some reason. It's a must see B- Christmas Movie.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 05:42:49 AM »

Where did you get the Mexican wrestler double feature at? I've only seen some b&w Santo films and clips of later color films on The Incredibly Strange Film Show.

I picked up The Guy with Secret Kung Fu, Warriors of the Wastleand, The Dragon's Infernal Showdown and Casanova's Big Night at Wally World the other day. Wow, is WOTW cheap looking. Good for some laughs for sure. Maybe the least menacing villains in a film ever. LIke they escaped from every really bad 80s rock video.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 11:33:08 AM »

I'm sure your right Torgo, but I've always been curious about this one. Which is better Mexican SANTA CLAUSE or SANTA COUNQUERS THE MARTIANS?

SANTA COUNQUERS THE MARTIANS was rough viewing. Don't ever want to see it again, even though I'm glad to have seen it for some reason. It's a must see B- Christmas Movie.

I enjoyed Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, mostly just because it is so far out there. Yes, the opening song is annoying, as are most of the characters, but it just holds some kind of charm for me. Maybe because it was one of the first "bad" movies I discovered and helped me develop my current love for bizarre/oddball movies.

Santa Claus, for me, is rough viewing. There is just too much that is impossible to believe in it, and too much that has frightening implications: children from all over the world are "brought in" to make Santa's toys (**coughcoughsweatshopcoughcough**), Santa has a special telescope that can find anyone and see what he is doing, Christmas can be stopped if Pitch (the devil) can just slow Santa down enough to miss his delivery deadlines (okay, same basic idea as SCCTM), etc. The movie just doesn't hold the charm for me that SCCTM does; it is simply not as innocently goofy.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »

These are some rare cheap DVD's I picked up this week. Most of them distributed by "DVD Movie Premiere" who completely made up new cover title names for some of these films. Wonder why? I put a.k.a. next to the ones that have titles that don't match anything imdb has listed.

I've seen three of the films, all on television. Though, I don't remember much about any of them, since it's been years, since I saw them. This is what I do remember from them.

"The Royal Hunt of the Sun" for Leonard Whiting, as this was his second film after playing Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet."

"The House of Serven Corpses" for John Ireland and the high body count, relatively speaking.

"Island of the Lost"  for Richard Greene, who played Robin Hood in the television series "The Adventures of Robin Hood."
Scott

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »

Yaddo, I picked up the Double Lucha Libre DVD at K-Mart in the Spanish DVD section of the electronic dept.. Both features are english subtitles and distributed by Brentwood for $5.99.

Yes, I also own THE GUY WITH SECRET KUNG FU. The question is who will view it first?  Smile

Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »

My only question is:  Where the heck did you find these things???!!!!???? 

I'd love a copy of "The House Of Seven Corpses".  I saw that a couple of time back in Tulsa on the Saturday night "Creature Features" on Channel 23.  (Too much information there, but I'm hoping someone from that area reads that and feels the need to chat with a fellow Okie.)
Yaddo 42

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 07:57:35 AM »

Yaddo, I picked up the Double Lucha Libre DVD at K-Mart in the Spanish DVD section of the electronic dept.. Both features are english subtitles and distributed by Brentwood for $5.99.

Yes, I also own THE GUY WITH SECRET KUNG FU. The question is who will view it first?  Smile

Well, I played my copy the night I bought while I was online as background noise (as I did the other DVDs I bought) but didn't really watch it, so I guess the game of chicken is still on.

And thanks Lookingup for giving me a reason to go to the local K-Mart to see if they have a copy of the Lucha Libre disc. The last time I was in that store it so bummed me out I about to enter another depressive episode.

Scott

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »

Yaddo, hopefully your store has a large Latin film section like ours does. I never go in K-Mart anymore, but I know to look about once a year to find DVD's. Once found a copy of THE GRAND DUEL and I was happy, so I returned this week.

I think THE GUY WITH SECRET KUNG FU is going to be on my on deck circle.

Javakoala I found these titles at Suncoast and Fye in the cheapie area of the store. By the way I heard they are now the same company. These two stores also share the same "card" called Backstage Pass (or something like that). My daughter has a card and I use it when I go in by just giving our phone number and they give you a discount on already cheap DVD's. Good luck and happy hunting.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:53:11 PM by Scott » Logged

Torgo

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »

The Mexian Santa Clause that I remember on VHS has a really weird (and LONG) musical type number at the beginning in which Santa Claus is seated at a piano playing a really obnoxious song.  It also has the devil in it.  Lookingup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Picked up a few cheap DVD's this week. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.