Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:49:46 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New all horror channel called Chiller launches March 1 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New all horror channel called Chiller launches March 1  (Read 12770 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 24, 2007, 06:21:03 PM »

The channel initially launches on DirecTv (which I have) and is being started by NBC-Universal. From the ads they've been showing they have a pretty good line up of series and movies.

Check out the Variety Article and then call your cable company to start carrying it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »

ANOTHER damn satellite channel? Hatred No, I'm fine, I'll take quality over quantity thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »

ANOTHER damn satellite channel? Hatred No, I'm fine, I'll take quality over quantity thank you.

Where did you miss the part about this site being called Bad Movies?

I don't have cable or satellite, but I wouldn't mind a channel showing episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Present, Friday the 13the: The Series, Tales From The Darkside, and some horror movies to boot. Sorry, but I'm not one of those with a plasma screen TV who can afford any HDDVD they want. A cheap 50 movie pack and a cheesy horror channel on my 20" TV works just fine for me.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »

I just got a sattilite dish (direct TV). It's mostly sports and pay per view junk I can't afford.I just got the basic...I hope they carry it because I would like to watch the old Alfred Hitchcock Shows!I rember the music and monolouges at the begining of the program better than the shows themselves! I hope they show the old AIP and Universal creature features!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »

Hey RC, if you're getting the Sleuth channel then you will get Chiller. They both belong to NBC Universal (along with SciFi, USA, and Bravo). I did see the classic Frankenstein and the Creature from the Black Lagoon on one of the ads.

I too wish they would let you pick the channels you want and only pay for them.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »

Well if they are affiliated with Sci-Fi, there's likely to be crossover from there. Yick. We have an horror channel called Scream up here in Canada. It started off great showing lots of classics and rarer stuff but nowadays all they seem to show is the modern-era (post 80-90s) stuff which I honestly don't care for too much. Another channel called Drive-In Classics has been filling my cult needs far better lately.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »

I'm ready. Sounds good. Probably won't get it where I live.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:14:46 PM »

Hey RC, if you're getting the Sleuth channel then you will get Chiller. They both belong to NBC Universal (along with SciFi, USA, and Bravo). I did see the classic Frankenstein and the Creature from the Black Lagoon on one of the ads.

I too wish they would let you pick the channels you want and only pay for them.

I dunno if I get Slueth,tell truth. I DO get Sci-Fi (which is dam lame lately),USA and BRAVO.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
raj

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 09:26:43 PM »

I get Sleuth -- but I'm on cable.  This channel and MLB Extra Innings appear to be DircTv only.  Sigh.  I ain't changing.
trekgeezer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26:01 AM »

Sleuth shows old Universal produces cop shows.  Knight Rider, A-Team, Equalizer, Rockford Files, Simon&Simon, Magnum PI, and Miami Vice are among the series they run. They also show crime and cop related movies.

It and Chiller are owned by the same company as the SciFi Channel but they don't share programming. I unlike a lot of people do like the SciFi channel. They do their cheesy Saturday night movies (which somebody watches or they wouldn't keep making them), but they also have some good original programming.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:23:41 PM »

I like the Sci-Fi channel also. I was getting into a bunch of those cheesy snake movies (King Cobra, Boa, etc) for a while. They do have a bit of "easy to watch" movies, and by "easy to watch", I mean something one can watch and rest their brain simultaniously.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »

DAM...here it is...March 1st...I look for the CHILLER channel...AH! found it! Push enter on the remote...Iit is not on the package I have! which is the low rent BASIC...(sigh...) Oh well, I still have a pile of kung Fu and other recent buys I ain't seen yet.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »

Any word on if or when this will be available on the dish network?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »

Sleuth shows old Universal produces cop shows.  Knight Rider, A-Team, Equalizer, Rockford Files, Simon&Simon, Magnum PI, and Miami Vice are among the series they run. They also show crime and cop related movies.

It and Chiller are owned by the same company as the SciFi Channel but they don't share programming. I unlike a lot of people do like the SciFi channel. They do their cheesy Saturday night movies (which somebody watches or they wouldn't keep making them), but they also have some good original programming.

I like the sci-fi channel also, even think some of their Saturday night movies are fun to watch. What I really enjoy though are the series that they show, especially reruns of Enterprise on Mondays, also like Eureka, my favorite saying for when things go bad has become "Now that can't be good"

A new channel for the horror fan is a good thing, it means more cheesy stuff to watch and enjoy. Cheers

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New all horror channel called Chiller launches March 1 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.