Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:55:47 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  'Sci-fi original' type space movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Sci-fi original' type space movie  (Read 7104 times)
Weltall
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 08, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »

Vague memories of a TV movie I saw back in the mid to late 90's, I recall that it featured a bunch of trainees on a futuristic spaceship, some generic Bad Guy Ships led by a bald dude who reminds me of Christopher Plummer's character in Star Trek VI (or that guy from D&D) and a holographic device that somehow tricks the bad guys into thinking that a bunch of reinforcements just arrived. Also, there was a refreshing touch where the ships did not all have magical infinite ammunition storage. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Thanks.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »

Vague memories of a TV movie I saw back in the mid to late 90's, I recall that it featured a bunch of trainees on a futuristic spaceship, some generic Bad Guy Ships led by a bald dude who reminds me of Christopher Plummer's character in Star Trek VI (or that guy from D&D) and a holographic device that somehow tricks the bad guys into thinking that a bunch of reinforcements just arrived. Also, there was a refreshing touch where the ships did not all have magical infinite ammunition storage. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Thanks.

Sounds a lot like Star Command.  It's from 1995, aired as one of the UPN (?) original movies, and was about. . .

It is the year 2217. Six cadets of the Earth Space Academy are on their first training flight in space. Suddenly they are faced with an attack force from an alien planet that is threatening the universe. They are like normal kids in their twenties, but this challenge forces them to grow up fast and to overcome their every day problems.

In the year 2217 the earth has become too small for mankind. Many people have moved into space and colonised new planets thousands of light years away.

A group of cadets is sent on their first mission in space. Under the watchful eyes of Commander Shade and training officer Sigrid Ivorsdata, three young men and three women are to learn all there is to know about space travel and warfare.

Their space shuttle is attacked and the training officers are killed. The inexperienced crew is faced with vital decisions : should they retreat and save their own lives, or stay and fight to rescue the universe? The challenge of saving the world forces them to grow up faster than they would have ever dreamt of.

Original title: In The Fold

I saved this page to my HD a long while ago, mostly because I'd spent a heck of a long time trying to track down what I'd remembered watching.  Here's the URL for the page: http://www.clt-ufa-international.com/ID_CARD_dyn.asp?category=TVMOVIE&ProductID=66#top

I've no idea if that links still active though.  If not try IMDB.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 03:20:03 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Weltall
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »

That sure sounds like it. Thanks.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

That sure sounds like it. Thanks.

Glad to (finally) be of assistance with one of these.   Smile

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  'Sci-fi original' type space movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.