Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:54:00 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Less Andrew « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Less Andrew  (Read 12442 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 07, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »

I have been assigned to assist the family of a Marine killed in Iraq.  I doubt I will disappear, but providing support to them is my primary focus for the immediate future.  That means my regular duties, though they still must get done, take a back seat to the casualty assistance call.  Which means my free time is compressed.  Updates should continue weekly.  I will check the forum as able, but might not reply as often.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »

Dia dhuit Andrew,

Rath De ort.

Hard job.  My thoughts will be with you and this family.

Is Mise Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »

Andrew,

Your obligation there is much more important than your obligation here. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »

Andrew,

Your obligation there is much more important than your obligation here. 

Don't worry about it, Andrew. What Skaboi says, holds for me, too.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 11:54:02 AM »

Andrew,
Please give the family my deepest respect for the service and loss of their love one. While nothing that can be said will reduce the pain of the great sacrifice they have suffered. Assure them that they are in the thought and heart of those that have served.

Semper Fi

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »

First saw the family yesterday afternoon.  It is a hard thing to see a parent's eyes when they open the door and see you.  Nothing like what they go through though.  I cannot imagine losing Jenna or Andy. 

My grandmother said this at my father's funeral, "A parent should never have to bury their child."  It is the worst thing that you can ever tell a parent.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »

I just hope that that protest group from Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan. doesn't show up with their banners and signs. If they do I'm sure the Patriot Guard Riders will be there to support and protect the family.

I'm all about free speech, but there is a thing call common human decency that these zelots fail to understand.

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 03:40:54 PM »

I just hope that that protest group from Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan. doesn't show up with their banners and signs. If they do I'm sure the Patriot Guard Riders will be there to support and protect the family.

I'm all about free speech, but there is a thing call common human decency that these zelots fail to understand.

I agree. I might not support the bush administration, but anybody who would actually protest the funeral of a person who gave their life for their country is absolute garbage.

My heart goes out to the family. Make sure they understand that their child is a hero, though considering what they've lost, I'm sure that's small comfort.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:32:13 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 10:43:34 AM »

First saw the family yesterday afternoon.  It is a hard thing to see a parent's eyes when they open the door and see you.  Nothing like what they go through though.  I cannot imagine losing Jenna or Andy. 

My grandmother said this at my father's funeral, "A parent should never have to bury their child."  It is the worst thing that you can ever tell a parent.

It is what Andrew says. If you bury your parents, then you bury your past. If you bury your spouse, then you bury your present. But, if you bury your child, then you bury your future.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

Smile

Hi Andrew

A person like you gives me hope for the human race ~ I am sorry that I am so far away in South Africa, because if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you, it will be my privilege to shake your hand.  Smile

It cannot be easy to do what you have to do now, but God speed and blessings to you.

Only once have I met a Marine (he is a film producer resident in Cape Town) who told me that Marines are true to themselves and to their Marine comrades and that they try (and succeed in spades) to extend that to others.

This guy portrays the true spirit of a Marine ~ so do you.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:19 PM »

My grandmother had to bury her husband and her only 2 sons (one of which was my dad of course).

I also have a sister who is 6 years older than myself and she had a miscarriage when she was 7 1/2 months pregnant.  One of the hardest things my entire family has had to deal with.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Less Andrew « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.