Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:00 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Definitley a howling movie but which one.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Definitley a howling movie but which one....  (Read 9018 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« on: February 07, 2007, 09:47:23 AM »

i remember it is from a howling movie, im pretty sure its part 4, there is a scene where (i think he was) a priest is standing in what i think was a church and the room is dark with a lone spotlight shining down on him and the camera is rotating around him as he transforms. can anyone veryify?
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

I did not know there was a Howling 4? 

Question Question Question Question

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »

Hmm... if its any of them it's Part IV Joe. That one had the town called Draco (or was it Drago? No, that was Rocky's opponent in Rocky IV ... oh my god... Rocky IV! Howling IV! THIS means something!  BounceGiggle ) and was basically a retread of the original Howling but with a bit of a religious theme.

And to JPickettIII, not only did they reach part IV, but they went up to part VII! Yup, there are seven "Howling" films and only two are worth watching: The original and "Howling VI: The Freaks" in which a werewolf battles the vampiric owner of a traveling freak show! The worst of the bunch are Part 2 with Sybil Danning('s breasts), Part 3 (with wallaby werewolves), and part 7, New Moon Rising (which doesn't feature a werewolf until the last 20 seconds or so... flipping horrible!)  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »

"New Moon Rising" is more like a redneck soap opera, with bad line dancing too (if memory serves).

And, yes, the werewolf crops up in the last twenty seconds and is killed.  All done.  Thanks for watching the rednecks.  Night folks!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »

Oh my god! The line-dancing, how could I forget?! And the werewolf transformation scene at the end?! Astoundingly bad! LOL! I rented "New Moon Rising" when it first came out thinking that "Oh great! This should be really good because New Line made it! They own the Nightmare on Elm St. franchise, how could this possibly be bad?" The rest.... is history. Buggedout BounceGiggle

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »

hmmm, im gonna have to rent it, i hope thats it i remember liking it for some reason. i bet you if it is im gonna hate it. thanks guys.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »

No prob. Lemme know if it is the right one. Also, if you have the urge, you can buy it on DVD for 4 or 5 bucks (as you can with Howling 3). In fact, just about every film in the series is on DVD (save for "New Moon Rising") and all of them are pretty much dirt cheap at this point.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:38 AM »

Hi Joe

As far as I know, this is Howling 4 which was made in South Africa in 1988, I think.

Strange film, very strange and to think that Justin Hayward (he of the Moody Blues) would supply a song for a horror film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:24 AM »

That does sound like Howling 4.  I remember that scene well, because I was about 7 or 8 when it came out and that scene scared the living bejesus out of me. 
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »

Unfortunately, "Howling IV" is the only one not in my collection - so I cannot help out by skimming the DVD.

Joe, is this one closed (have you checked the film) or should I move it to the unsolved archives?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »

Smile Hi Andrew ~ the Film Archives has the DVD, I will skim it and confirm if this scene is in it, but I am reasonably sure that it is.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:44:59 AM »

i searched all over to rent this sucker and i cant belive i cant find it, i dont really feel like buying it but i guess i have to. Andrew i gotta watch it first so i think this thread is kind in limbo. i have a strong feeling that this is the one (Part 4) i men i know its a howling movie and everyone seems to agree. its gotta be 4 so i guess just put it in solved.

EDIT: I was just on you tube and looked it up for the hell of it, found the trailer and it is in fact the howling 4, i remember that biker-esque colored chick with the teased hair and earings.

P.S. Hey andrew did you get that DVD i sent you?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:52:04 AM by Joe » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »

P.S. Hey andrew did you get that DVD i sent you?

Sure did, thank you.

Glad we got this question nailed down, too.  I am moving it to solved.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 04:19:31 AM »

alright cool, no problem , sorry for the wait.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Definitley a howling movie but which one.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.