Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:53:49 AM
714156 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Eve of Destruction « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eve of Destruction  (Read 2188 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 04, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »

Put this in for Katie, because Gregory Hines is her boy.  However, I cannot say that he makes for a very convincing special operations Army officer who is the biggest badass at hostage rescue and terrorist operations.  Gregory Hines!

A secret government project to create an android is nearly a success.  The head female scientist has done wonders, including creating “Eve.”  The android looks just like the woman and even has some of her brainwave patterns.  This second point is murky, but Eve does a few things during the movie that I am certain wouldn’t have been programmed in – it must have been a “put the funny hats on both of them and ghost an image into Eve’s subconscious circuits.” 

During Eve’s field test everything goes wrong.  She is in a bank when a robbery happens.  A robber kills the single agent who is following Eve and the robot woman also receives a gaping hole in its side.  Eve eliminates the threat, but the damage causes her to malfunction.  She goes on a rampage in northern California, eventually traveling to New York City to go after the scientists young son.

Not to be missed is the scene where Eve covers her gaping wound with what looks like the patch from an inflatable mattress.  Though, I could have done without seeing the actress naked.

Oh, and for some reason the android was carrying a fully operational nuclear device inside her body (though she does not appear to weigh very much – a breakthrough in critical mass) and it becomes armed.  Unless Gregory Hines and the scientist can stop the android, she will destroy most of New York City.

I really wanted to see Gregory Hines dance fight Eve.  However, the movie plays it straight.  Probably for the best, but imagine Gregory Hines dance fighting a killer robot to death!

**SPOILER FOLLOWS**

I think that the best part of the movie is the end.  Eve survives several point-blank shots  to the head from the super pistol that Gregory carries.  How do they stop the robot before the bomb detonates?  The female scientist stabs Eve in the eye with the pistol!  Hahahahaha!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:48:32 PM »

This movie is, at least for me, one of those things you watch and then wonder why you watched it, so you put it away and then some time later, depends on how much of the movie you remember, you watch it again because you only remember that Gregory Hines has super pistol or that some other thing that you remember as being cool or fun to watch happened, then you sit through the movie and wonder why again. At least I do, but apparently I'm not a smart man.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »

I kept wondering if the director intended us to hate or like the Eve robot.  On the one hand, she was killing people.  On the other, the movie went out of its way to make most of the victims incredible a***oles.  I also never could decide if the movie was supposed to be some kind of sly parody.  I have a hard time believing anyone could make a movie this bad by accident.

The other thing that stands out for me is that when Hines asks if shooting Eve in the heart will kill her, the scientists all get uncomfortable and  seem ashamed to admit that the heart is merely cosmetic.  Did the director imagine we would be thinking, GASP! Her heart is artificial?  That means she can't feel love!!!!!!

Very bad, stupid movie, but I couldn't bring myself to hate it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Eve of Destruction « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.