Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:50:38 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Personal Rocket Belt! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Personal Rocket Belt!  (Read 5516 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: March 24, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

Sadly training from James Bond and Weng Weng is not included in the 250K price:

http://www.tecaeromex.com/ingles/RB-i.htm

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 12:54:32 PM »

I don't know if I would have used those video files to promote the "product."  However, if these ever did get off the ground, I can see a lot of idiots hung up on power lines.  People have enough problems with roller skates and scooters.  Can you imagine if they had to deal with movement in three dimensions?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

I hear you Andrew.

Not only that, but the belt only works for about 20 seconds.  Imagine how many people would use this, and not be careful to count the amount of time they've been airborne.  I can only imagine the broken bones and lawsuits due to some idiot falling out of the sky.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 06:19:09 PM »

Just wait another 50 years and people will be zipping around with no problem. Remember the first airplane? The problem is what's going to happen while they're trying?  BounceGiggle People stuck in various places like trees, wires, and buildings waiting for removal.  Buggedout

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

This device has been around for at least 30 years now. What was it called before. I think it was a Jet Pack? Maybe it works better now.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:19:25 AM »

Well, they may be able to standardize a product that they can sell, can't really call it mass production, but it sounds like they still have the 20 second fight window, so I doubt they have improved that much. Just enough time to get high enough or go far enough to get yourself or someone else killed. Wonder if there's a failsafe that causes the unit to lower itself slowly to the ground, by say decreasing power at a steady rate as you get near the end of the fuel supply to avoid running out in midflight. Still in trouble that way too.

Power lines, trees, multistory buildings, cell towers, or just pure altittude + gravity = trouble waiting to happen. Can you imagine the stupid stuff people will try with these things to get attention or publicity. If they're serious maybe the price will deter the truly stupid and dangerous from buying them.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »

I'll be happy when they get this up to lasting a couple hours.  Hell, even ten minutes.  As is..  Eh, I'd rather spend $250,000 buying several hangliders or a small used cessna or a house or something.
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 04:22:25 PM »

Well, here it is 2007 fer chrissakes, and I for one am VERY ANNOYED we still don't have jet packs, personal helicopters, robot servants, day trips to the moon, colonies on Mars, laser-beam eyes, extraterrestial pals, and all the other cool stuff we were supposed to have in The Future.

About the only futuristic transportation around are those lousy Segways.

Thumbdown

I have seen the future, and it is LAME.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Personal Rocket Belt! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.