Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:49:14 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The things kids will do......... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The things kids will do.........  (Read 10053 times)
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »

I was looking around on the web and came across a couple of pictures. As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

As a child have you ever found yourself in a funny or strange predicament, or if you have children, have you caught them in a funny or strange predicament?

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »

Well, a friend did dare me once to touch an electric fence.  It seemed like forever before I was able to let go.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:35:28 PM »

When we moved to Idaho we had a house where there was a field behind it. Of course being kids we wanted to go exploring so we set out to the field. We noticed it had a barbed wire fence. It was low enough where someone could hold it down while the others climbed over. Me being the youngest was the one picked to do the lowering. I just grabbed it and there I stood vibrating, and you're right, you can't let go. The funny thing is no body wanted to help.....I wonder why?  That was the day I learned about electric fences.  Buggedout  BounceGiggle

Menard
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

Well, a friend did dare me once to touch an electric fence.  It seemed like forever before I was able to let go.

Helps explain a lot. TongueOut

Electrical shocks will cause muscles to contract (such as the ones in fingers). The irony is that if you grab onto something with your hand which has strong enough of a voltage, it will cause you to hold onto it even tighter.

You could go out and try it again, raj, to see if it has the same results. Don't forget to report back. TeddyR
raj

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:06:26 AM »

Well shucks Menard, that was a bunch of states ago -- don't have any electric fences handy at the moment.  I suspect that you, being so omnipotent, could let go.  I think you should try.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »

You had nice friends then ... most of them try to get you to pee on it.

raj

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »

It was at shoulder level..
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »

Ahh! I was thinking of a cattle fence that is about pecker high when your a kid. Some things you learn the hard way, but never forget.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »

Ahh! I was thinking of a cattle fence that is about pecker high when your a kid. Some things you learn the hard way, but never forget.

Let's get Menard. He's like, Mikey. He'll try anything.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 12:06:28 AM »

When I was about eight or nine, I was at a friend's house one day & went to use the restroom.
As I was doing my #1, I noticed a box of tampons resting on the tank.
Now, at the time, I had no idea what they were, so I took one out of the box & looked at it.
They were OB brand, so the wrapper was prominently circled with the letters "obobobobobob".
Thing is, I was holding it upside-down, meaning the letters looked like "popopopopopop".
This lead me to assume that they were firecrackers.

Being of such tender years, & unaware of my rather exciting misinterpretation of a tampon wrapper, it naturally wouldn't have occurred to me to wonder what a box of firecrackers would be doing sitting unattended on a commode, out of season, so I stole one.

The next day, I swiped a pack of matches from my parents, & with firecracker in hand, made a b-line to my secret fort.
Once there, I hastily unwrapped the rather odd looking fluffy white explosive, & striking a match, attempted to light the end of the little string I assumed was the fuse!

I like to think I learned something that day, I'm just not sure what.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:11:10 AM by LilCerberus » Logged

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »

BounceGiggle   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle
That was hilarious....I'm still laughing....   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle It sounds just like something my brothers would of done.  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »

When I was about 3 or 4 I remember waking up from a nap, walking into the kitchen, seeing some matches up on the counter, picking them up and lighting one of them, getting scared and wanting to get rid of it...... We had a little trash container under the sink behind closed doors. So I opened one of the doors and just threw it in the trash and shut the door and went on my merry way. A little while later we were all playing in the living room when my mom smelt smoke, she was going all over the house trying to figure out where it was coming from. I didn't say anything because I threw the thing that was burning away, so to me it was gone. She went into the kitchen and by that time the smoke was coming from under the sink. She opened the doors and WOOOSSSHHHH! out came the flames. She put it out and everything was okay, thank God. It's amazing the things we think when we're little,"Everything stops at the trash can."  TeddyR

moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »

When I was 8 years old[this is when you could still burn trash outdoors] , now you have to take into consideration Catholic schools taught little about science. I decided to see for myself if plastic would burn. My unfortunate choice[as I learned later] was an empty Clorox Bleach bottle. Took the cap off , lit the match, and Woosh.

You try explaining to your parents where your eyebrows went.

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »

BounceGiggle Moravec, you reminded me of this friend of my daughter, who  lives across the street from us. My daughter was about 10 or 11 and we were in the living room watching TV when we heard this loud explosion, it was pretty close. About 5 seconds later this friend was screaming, "Let me in...Let me in" at our front door. I went to let him in and the front of his hair was missing and also his eyelashes and eyebrows. He continued,"Hurry, let me in....I think my mom heard the bang." The mom came out screaming "MITCH GET OVER HERE NOW!
We found out later that he had blown up part of their garage.   Buggedout  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle It was worth it, it made our day.  BounceGiggle

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »

TeddyR This is a thing that this 39 year old kid did 32 years ago. Lookingup

I don't know if any of you BM.org friends could beat this (Menard, perhaps?) but when I was seven (that was 1972) I crashed my Dad's car while trying to drive it and damaged it quite badly. Buggedout

After this, I couldn't sit down for a week or more.  Bluesad

I have been driving legally since I turned 16 and haven't had an accident yet.

I wonder why?  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The things kids will do......... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.