Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:32:17 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Return of the Living Dead" DVD re-release in the works? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Return of the Living Dead" DVD re-release in the works?  (Read 8858 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: March 07, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »

Hey gang. I was doing my daily perusal of the Creature Corner and saw that MGM is working on a new DVD for "Return of the Living Dead." However, all is not well concerning this release. Apparently director Dan O' Bannon is not pleased with MGM as illustrated by an angry letter from Dan's wife. Its a pretty odd little news story (especially the part about the audio commentary that involves annoyingly loud zombies attacking particpating actors during said commentary) and gives me more than enough reason to firmly hug my current MGM release of the film to my chest, in order to love and protect it more. For the whole story, CLICK HERE!

Anyone else notice that MGM has really sucked since Sony bought them out? Lots of double dipping going on (which was sort of a rarity with MGM back in the day) plus, what happened to the Midnite Movies line?! I miss them!  Hatred
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:12:22 AM by Jordan » Logged

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »

I've always been pleased with the version of Return Of The Living Dead that was released on DVD.  I remember fussing, years ago on another board, about the lack of DVD release for the film.  That seems like forever ago.

I always felt that O'Bannon's input was fantastic on the original release.  The commentary is fantastic, and far from dry.  I've always liked O'Bannon and wish the man did more work.  ROTLD, Alien, and Dead & Buried are all fantastic films.  I think my liking of him comes from the fact that not only does he make great films, he's also a spitting image of my Film Literature teacher from High School, who is the reason I am the way I am today.

I'll keep my current copy of ROTLD for now.  Screw a new version with only a different commentary.  For shame, MGM.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:06:08 PM »

We were doing really well with getting the MGM b-movies and bad movies onto DVD until the Sony deal put a damper on the party.  I agree.

Also, if you have not seen it (and I have a review that should be coming in May), "The Resurrected" by O'Bannon is a great movie set in the Lovecraft universe.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »

I thought that MGM went with 20th Century Fox instead to distribute their DVD's.

Anyway, I've been perfectly pleased with my current ROTLD DVD.  The commentary track is dry and very funny at times and the extras were fine as is.

Now where is an uncut SE DVD of part 3?   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Kori
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 03:07:39 PM »

I can't be the only one who says "Hey, look at that!"  every time I see the mgm lion can I?

Mrs. Peacock was a man?
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »

Would like to have a DVD of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD.

I'm giving Kori Karma for his avatar.  Smile  Thumbup

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Return of the Living Dead" DVD re-release in the works? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.