Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:37:17 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pet Peeves.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Author Topic: Pet Peeves....  (Read 73284 times)
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »

This is good stuff........don't you all feel better?  Smile By the way.....I'll be mailing out the bills to you guys in a couple of days.  BounceGiggle I charge $300.00 an hour, actually it's only 55 minutes, but who's counting.  TeddyR

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Automan2000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 12:53:39 AM »

I can't stand people that use the electric scooter-things at Wal-Mart simply because they are too lazy to walk around the store. Back when I was married I would help my father-in-law get around. He had suffered a stroke and was partially paralyzed on his left side. He was still able to walk for a short distance but only with the help of a walker.

One day I we went to Wal-Mart and with my help he struggled his way from the car to the front doors. Then he had to sit and wait for 20 mins before one of the scooters was finally brought back. It was being used by this large woman who promptly hopped up and headed out the door with no trouble at all. Obviously she was just too damn lazy to actually walk around the store.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 01:12:19 AM »

I can't stand people that use the electric scooter-things at Wal-Mart simply because they are too lazy to walk around the store. Back when I was married I would help my father-in-law get around. He had suffered a stroke and was partially paralyzed on his left side. He was still able to walk for a short distance but only with the help of a walker.

One day I we went to Wal-Mart and with my help he struggled his way from the car to the front doors. Then he had to sit and wait for 20 mins before one of the scooters was finally brought back. It was being used by this large woman who promptly hopped up and headed out the door with no trouble at all. Obviously she was just too damn lazy to actually walk around the store.

Moral of the story, don't go to Wal-Mart!

No offense to any Wal-Mart shoppers, but that's one of my peeves is the Wal-Mart mentality. People at least in my town think the only place you can get things is Wal-Mart then b!tch when a small store closes it's door. I find things cheaper and better quality all day long with out stepping foot in Wal-Mart (and haven't in years) well I don't want to get off on a rant, but suffice to say that's one of my peeves.  Ever wonder why Wal-Mart runs all those "we're really nice and care about communities" commercials? Think about about, if you got to tell people then odds are you aren't.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »

Cheezeflixz, I am bad to go off on tangents when telling a story, not as bad as I used to be though. I could segue and jump from tale to tale and tangent to tangent worse than a bad translation of The Water Margin. Please excuse the faux-Dennis Miller style culture reference, or just see my sig.

Yaddo42, next time she tries the  "Did you hear what happened to me last night?" just tell her that everyone at the orgy did have a good time, but the drug use was a bit excessive.  Then tell her the video is already on YouTube.

raj, I would but she would just cackle in amusement. Besides the though of anyone having sex with her even at an orgy would induce mass nausea and projectile vomiting in anyone within earshot. Besides her lacking social graces and self-absorbtion, she offends four of my five senses. Taste has been thankfully spared, and hopefully always will be.

Poogie, I already go to one therapist, and that's plenty.

New pet peeves to add: Gas stations that make you pre-pay, fairly new thing here. I like to top up my tank rather than buy a set amount if I can help it, plus I usually write checks. Watch the gas mileage from a full tank each time.

Pre-pay gas stations that have help who get confused easily and wind up combining your bill with the person who just left. Never thought a drink, a bag of chips, and $25 bucks in gas, paid with cash for once just to hurry up, would take so damn long to pay for.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 07:42:10 AM »

plus I usually write checks.

Ugh!
There's another pet peeve of mine...

Paper checks to pay for goods or services.

Two words...
Debit Card!

I don't mind paper checks between banks or businesses.
That's just business and is to be expected.
But having to wait in line for someone to take the time to write out a check and then everyone in line behind them having to wait for that check to clear...
AAAAGH!

I firmly believe that paper checks issued to civillians should be abolished in favor of debit cards, Internet payments or straight up cash.

When I opened up my checking account with US Bank you know what I did?
I tore up all of the checks they sent me and threw them in the trash.
I absolutely refuse to use them.

The only paper currency people should exchange with each other in everyday non business or bank transactions should be the green kind...issued by the US Treasury.

(assuming you live in America of course)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:04:40 AM by Ash » Logged
Yaddo 42

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »

I have bad luck with debit/check cards. Just like my swipe badges at work, the things seem to hate me.

Besides, I mostly buy gas in off peak hours, no one waiting on me in line at 3 AM. I write out as much of the check as I can at the grocery store while they ring up items, so I'm waiting on them usually.

With the way things are changing though I'll have to transition to cards all the time anyway. Maybe my luck will change with them.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 12:58:46 PM »

As I told ya'll I'm old and cranky and have a lot of pet peeve ...

YES CHECKS!

If you must write a check, for the love of pete fill out most of it if you are waiting in line in front of me. WHY ... WHY must you wait until the final tally is told to you before you even start looking for your check book!!! Could you not have found it, filled in all the non-mystery blanks like the name of the store, the date, memo, your name etc. while waiting?

And ... and ... freakin' write a little faster than a medieval Latin scribe ... it's a freakin' check your not being graded on penmanship! It should take no longer, abso-freakin-lutely no longer than 1-2 seconds to sign your name!!! I swear just this morning a lady filled out a check at the store in front of me and it took 5 minutes to do it ... I was like what are you doing writing a book?

Oh and your check registry fill it out in the car or someplace else. Not after everything have been rung up and bagged and people are waiting behind you and you find it necessary to balance your checkbook at the check out counter ...

ok I'm done .... Hatred

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 02:50:31 PM »

Thank God it wasn't MONK, you'd still be there.  Buggedout

raj

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

Not just checks, but people who act surprised that they have to pay for things at the checkout line.  Men, dig your wallet out while the cashier's ringing things up.  Ladies, dig into that freakin' behemoth of a purse.  Get cash & change ready, or pull out the credit/debit card.  Don't make me have to wait longer because "oh, I have to pay?  Let me see, do I want to use cash or card, and where is it?"
Yaddo 42

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »

Since I can get the items on the belt fster than they can scan and bag them, especially if they are finishing up checking out the person ahead of me, the checkbook comes out the instant the last item hits the belt. I have lousy, loopy handwriting (left over from penmanship lessons in Catholic school, I still put a small loop on the top of the capital "C", can't make myself stop doing it even now) but shouldn't take much more than a minute, to write out a check, can't believe it takes others so long to write one out.

I even have the license ready for when they ask for it, I can't seem to remember the number exactly on my own.

This is common courtesy to me, but also so I can get the hell out of the store. When I'm ready to leave, I want to get out quickly. 

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »

I have some driving pet peeves. We have a intersection near our house where you can't make a right turn on the red light, there's even a sign right below the signal stating this. Seems like 6 out of 10 times I've come to this intersection when the light is red and I'm waiting for it to turn green, someone behind me starts honking their horn to make me go. They've even stuck their faces out the window and yelled for me to get going. My response is to either wave at them, as if I know them, or point in very slow motion 2 or 3 times at the NO TURN ON RED sign.
The other one is when you want to turn on to a busy street and these people are honking so you'll hurry up, can't they see all these cars coming, how the hell am I suppose to go if I can't get in?
We have a school near our house and these people come to pick up their kids and instead of parking next to the curb they're all lined up in the street (to get a fast getaway I guess). They're blocking the whole street because they're coming from both directions and no body can get by. They're actually putting their kids in danger because they're running around in the street trying to find their mom or dad. Meanwhile the people that are just trying to get someplace, like home, can't get through. We've called the school about this and it hasn't improved.
Okay that's it for now....I feel a little better.  Buggedout  TeddyR

Automan2000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 11:53:31 AM »

I can add one to the driving pet peeves. This is something that I run into most often when i am driving s stick. The light turns green and before I can even put the car in gear I got some jackass behind me blowing his freakin horn. You know if they are in so much of a hurry that they can't stand to wait an extra half a second then thats a sure sign to leave the house earlier.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »

People who talk on the cell phone while driving (whether they have a "hands free" device or not)

People who walk around with those stupid looking blue tooth headsets on all the time (I feel like getting them in a headlock and ripping it off).

People who think because they have some giant SUV or other expensive vehicle they aren't required to obey the traffic laws or practice any kind of road etiquette.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 12:39:51 PM »

I'll add a driving pet peeve.  I absolutely cannot stand - think it should be legal to shoot 'em - speeders.  Speeding on the road is indicative of a "me me me" mentality that screams "I am more important than you" and as often as not, I arrive at the same place they do within seconds; and I did it without all the frenetic lane changing, light flashing and gnashing of teeth impatience that essentially put EVERYONE unfortunate enough to be on the road at that time in danger.

I think most 'trips' in cars average something like 30 minutes.  At sixty mph, that's 30 miles.  If the posted limit is 55 mph and you drive 60, you save a wapping 2.7 minutes.  For about the time of a typical tv commercial break, you ignore the law (if you don't ilke the law, change it, don't just ignore it), put others in danger, burn more fuel, and announce to the world "all that matters is me."

Really, though, I hate traffic and just about everything about it.  I also don't like the rush-rush-rush mindset that someone else mentioned earlier.  That's why I own a sailboat and am planning my getaway.  I plan to see the world 5 kts at a time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

I agree with you Ulthar. I see these idiots everyday speeding and changing lanes constantly endangering other lives, all to save 4 seconds getting somewhere.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pet Peeves.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.