Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:35:14 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite "tough guy" actor? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is your favorite "tough guy" actor?  (I'm sure I'll take some flack for this if I have left YOUR favorite off the list).
Charles Bronson
Clint Eastwood
Lee Marvin
John Wayne
Steven Segal
Chuck Norris
Robert Mitchum
Richard Roundtree
James Cagney
Jean Claude van Damme
Chow-Yun Fat
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Kirk Douglas
Steve McQueen
Charlton Heston
Humphrey Bogart
Wesley Snipes
Bruce Lee
Burt Reynolds
The Rock
George Raft
Lee van Cleef
Vin Diesel
Jim Brown

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite "tough guy" actor?  (Read 8431 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »

I really wanted to put AL LETTIERI on the list, too.  He played a great bad ass in movies like MR. MAJESTYK and THE GETAWAY.  And, of course, Virgil Sollozzo in THE GODFATHER.  Unfortunately, he died too young and didn't have quite enough memorable tough-guy screen appearances to make my list.  But he is one of my favorites.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »

I went with Clint, and if you put him in a movie with Lee Van Cleef, hey, I'm in heaven.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

I voted for Steve McQueen, the guy was tough and real cool, man.  Clint Eastwood and John Wayne would be the next two on my list.

Yup, I voted McQueen also.  He just owned the screen!  Everything he did was the essence cool.  I just watched "The Getaway" last night on HD DVD!  I'm watching "Bullitt" (also HD) tonight.  Steve was taken from us much too soon.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »

You have to have Jack Palance.

soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »

You have to have Jack Palance.

Is that when Palance won the coveted role of 'PigPen' in that Peanuts western?  BounceGiggle

Just kidding...if you're Palance fan though, I don't remember just how, but at YouTube I cam across this 
Welcome to Blood City clip Small | Large
. It's some weird Prisoner/West World mashup from the late 70s with some scenery chewing from Jack. 

Looks quite cool.  Can't imagine how on earth to get ahold of it.  Guess I'll add it to my 'Eyes Peeled" list for the Chiller convention in April.

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
biff_debris
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »

(and anyone with an avatar of the "Dill Man" is alright in my book. Wink)

* biff_debris hi-fives soylentgreen

You are both a gentleman and a scholar, sir =D

BTW: I second Danny Trejo, and hope all to hell Rodriguez does more than a fake trailer of a Machete feature.
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »

I think that Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci should be on the list, but I have to admit it's pretty complete as it is. All these guys have had many great on-screen moments, but I had to go with John Wayne.

Me too. Almost Picked Lee Marvin, a real Marine! So...hard ...to...choose!...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »

I think that Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci should be on the list, but I have to admit it's pretty complete as it is. All these guys have had many great on-screen moments, but I had to go with John Wayne.

Me too. Almost Picked Lee Marvin, a real Marine! So...hard ...to...choose!...

It's amazing to me that some of the Hollywood types you'd expect to be warriors (Like John Wayne, too old for WWII) aren't and the people you'd never even guess at are. I'm thinking of Eddie Albert, the guy from the Green Acres TV series, the man who spent the day of the landing at Tarawa atoll driving his landing craft back and forth from the reef to the hospital ship ferrying out the wounded Marines he was pulling out of the water and the wrecked amtracks, all the while under fire from the Japanese on the island. Also Charles Durning, the pudgy character acter, landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day, fought in the Battle of the Bulge, survived the Malmedy Massacre, was awarded the silver star and 3 purple hearts, most people just don't picture these guys as tough, but they are. Just goes to show that there are movie tough guys and real tough guys, and they aren't always the people you'd expect.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »

Dennis:

Yeah . . . even Ed McMahon was a marine . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »

Man! I knew about Albert. Explains why he was so good at Military roles, like with Lee Marvin, Robert Ryam ( Marine), and others. Durning was all that? I am impressed!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite "tough guy" actor? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.