Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:18:13 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mikael Haneke « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mikael Haneke  (Read 7862 times)
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 01, 2007, 06:11:02 PM »

Anyone else a fan?!? I really love his movies.

They are downright unpleasant to watch at times, but they really stick with you. It's like a direct attack, that you have to shake off afterwards.

Actually, the extremey violent "funny games" is probably my least favourite of his movies.

"the pianist" is my fav. I rented it, with no expectations, and i was actually angry at the movie, and the things it made me feel. I chewed on it for a week, to realise that it's completely brilliant. The editing, the story, the acting, it's all in this plot to make you feel bad.

Really disturbing movies. Not for everyone!
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

Well, it appears no-one is into this guy (surprises me a bit, i must admit)

So i guess ill turn this thread into a reccomendation sort of thing.

You should really watch one of his movies, if you are not afraid of subtitles and very slow paced uncomfortable psycho dramas.

(Either "the pianist" or "hidden" would be a good first watch, i'd say... Or "funny games", if you are into ultraviolence)
unluckytourist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:50:03 PM »

I've been a fan of his movies for a long time now. I think he's one of the best genre directors working in the world today, even if his films are dressed up alot nicer than most genre pictures.
The first I saw of his was Benny's Video, on T.V.
Interesting, since I was about 15 at the time, and watching alot of violent horror films too.
Funny Games and Cache are probally my two favourites of his.
I was curious about him entering the American film market, and seeing how he would adapt to studio thrillers, but it appears hes doing a supposed shot for shot remake of Funny Games at the moment with Naomi Watts.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:01 PM »

I hated Funny Games, mostly because the movie clumsily tried to manipulate me into a point of view I though was full of expletive deleted.

Haven't seen the rest of his films, though Cache is in my queue and Time of the Wolf looks interesting.

Still, I really hated Funny Games, and not for any of the reasons the director wanted me to.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »

I hated Funny Games, mostly because the movie clumsily tried to manipulate me into a point of view I though was full of expletive deleted.

I respect that. Still, don't give up on him. His other movies are very different from "Funny games", IMO. Give "Cache" a twirl.

And by the way... You are a king Rubin... A king!!!
biff_debris
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »

Okay, I really liked Funny Games and Cache. I want to see Benny's Video too, but maybe I'm just a sick SOB.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mikael Haneke « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.