Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:43:54 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Captain America is dead « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Captain America is dead  (Read 8874 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 07, 2007, 12:08:42 PM »

Interestingly, one of the few comic book characters who ever interested me.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/03/07/captain.america/index.html

Another that I liked?  "Devil Dinosaur."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »

That's not very patriotic of them.  Thumbdown

Then again it's tied in with 911 and the new laws.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:16:24 PM by Scott » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »

This is lighting up the comic board I go to. Don't worry though Steve Rogers isn't really dead. Other comic that comes out  today that coincides Captain America #25 (where this story of "demise" is told) Has already said hes just on life support and not dead.

Marvel is just trying to drum up publicity.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »

He'll come back, or someone like Bucky will take his place

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »

I don't believe. They would"t. They COULDN'T!

I had this picture saved in my files awhile...just because I'm a big Cap and Kirby fan...It kind of fits now.... Bluesad                   

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

Of all the characters in Civil War, he was one of the least deserving to be killed off (though I guess he isn't actually dead?).  They should kill off Tony Stark and Reed Richards, they both deserve it.  And Cap himself almost killed off Tony Stark.  Too bad.

That whole last issue of Civil War pretty much sucks.  Especially Cap's surrender.  It was ludicrous.  Just not a very good arch at all.  Almost all the big crossover stuff sucks, so that shouldn't be a surprise.  Hopefully when Hulk gets back he'll just kill everyone in the Marvel universe, then they can end their comics.  That would be great.

As is, even if the Cap actually DOES die/is dead, it doesn't really matter.  He'll just come back eventually.  Christ, they brought back f**king Bucky after what, 40 years?  To date, I am unaware of any significant hero (you may question what is and isn't significant I guess) in Marvel who has EVER stayed dead.  Even Colossus came back.  It's amazing to realize that Marvel's writers had any shred of credibility, but I guess they did, because I feel like they've lost it in the past 5 or 6 years.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:32:24 AM »

Remeber the old motto only Bucky and Uncle Ben stay dead.  Now that Bucky is back, I'm waiting for Uncle Ben to be revealed as actually behind Civl War...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2930749&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
dean

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 03:34:46 AM »

I've been enjoying the Civil War comics in Spiderman, but have to admit it's hard to keep up what with us not being at the centre of the action down here in Aus and these things are hard to find sometimes.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 07:30:35 AM »

Heard this on the radio, had to laugh at Marvel trying to generate hype. You know they'll bring him back in a second if someone tries to make yet another movie or series based on him. Maybe a good one this time.

Used to real Cap off and on in my comic reading days, due to trades, cheap back issues, the Seprent Surpeme stuff (Could they have made Diamondback's breasts any larger?), and when Rogers was stripped of the uniform for a time. Remember when the title was split between Rogers and the new Cap? Whatever happened to USAgent anyway?

Think they'll be another fill-in Cap or will they just bring back Steve in a year or so, and make him all edgy somehow? Rediscover the formula and upgrade the Super-Soldier serum (I'm sure they've done all this already before since I quit reading).

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »

Yes, Diamondback could have been made bigger had she been in an early Image book...*lol* 

Actually, Marvel is trying to get a Captain America movie off the ground right now.  It was mentioned in that link I posted before..

Had heard some rumors about Punisher taking over for Cap and even found a pic with what looks almost like Cap in Iron Man armor...Though got to take those ideas with more tha a grain of salt...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 12:34:41 AM »

Maybe Uncle Ben could be helped by somebody else who faked his own death...Thunderbird. Bring back Ant-Man's old enemy Egghead as the criminal mastermind who brainwashes both of them, then toss in a little Red Ghost and his Super Apes and the Mad Thinker, and you'd have one powerfully painful storyline that would make the second Spider-Clone fiasco and Onslaught seem like brilliant marketing strategies.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 05:11:29 AM »

How about a zombie army composed of all the minor villains Scourge killed off? Zombies with cheesy weapons and underwhelming superpowers.

I hesitate to suggest too many things since it's been so long since I read any Marvel stuff, I figure it's all been done. Sometimes see links to wikipedia articles on characters, funny to see who died and came back or just faked a death, got reworked, etc. Relaunched Dr. Strange in a new title. Had baddies turn good. Or how many times they've tried to get people to give a crap about Moon Knight.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Captain America is dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.